Poll: Do we deserve a compensation for not being able to play today?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    Do you complain EVERY SINGLE time a company has technical issues that result in a loss of service? I doubt it. You can't play a game for a day or two and the world is all of a sudden ending and you now feel owed some sort of compensation becasue of something out of their control. I guess if your RL issues cause you to not be able to play then Blizzard owes you time for that as well since you paid for it but didn't use it?
    You seem very angry and appear to reading something other than what I wrote. Thanks for coming anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Right... so, the next time the power gets knocked out by a hurricane, people should be compensated for all losses related to food and such (spoiled food from loss of refrigeration) from the power company, cause while a freak storm caused it, that isn't the responsible factor, but the power company is... RIGHT. What world do you live in?
    Again you are replying to something that I did not write. This has nothing to with any natural disaster, hurricane or otherwise. Blizzard has a contract with its ISP and you can bet that within the clauses of this contract there will be a provision for loss of service and the level of compensation that Blizzard are entitled to for such outages. As customers of Blizzard we have a contract with them and not their ISP, so if there is a case for compensation it would be Blizzard that are responsible for paying it and they would be perfectly entitled to claim their own compensation from their ISP.

Deleted
    Nobody deserve any kind of compensation lol. Unless it's +3 days plus, they could consider it, else just no...

10+ Year Old Account
    Except nowhere in the Terms of Service does it state the service will be running 100% of the time. It's an impossible request to expect that. Additionally, while it may not be the customer's fault, if it isn't Blizzard's fault either (see: ISP, the people providing you with internet access), they are not required to compensate you for something that isn't on their hands either.
    Fanboy, there's something called good customer service. It goes a long way.

Deleted
    Clearly, Blizzard should introduce an hourly rate system instead: Billed for the time played. The first month would have people in OUTRAGE of how much they are charged, claiming "I wasn't doing anything in-game! I was just chatting with friends" and such. They'd BEG for the monthly fee back again. They don't realize how good it is right now, in all truth.

$15 a month (or whatever the conversion is for the rest of the world) is nothing for the potential of 720 HOURS of entertainment (that is assuming 30 days of 100% uninterrupted player).[COLOR="red"]
    I'm pretty sure KR realms pay for the amount of time they play or at least they did at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    first world problems are actually important.
    Go save some african tribe and leave us first worldians with our troubles.

As for the thread itself, shit happens. If it was days long proper downtime I'd understand some sort of compensation requests but this is just minor and to be expected every now and then. It's the first time in AGES I remember any sort of actual downtime and certainly nothing compared to vanilla patch days when we climbed the hill up both ways for entire week.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2012-12-29 at 07:21 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Again you are replying to something that I did not write. This has nothing to with any natural disaster, hurricane or otherwise. Blizzard has a contract with its ISP and you can bet that within the clauses of this contract there will be a provision for loss of service and the level of compensation that Blizzard are entitled to for such outages. As customers of Blizzard we have a contract with them and not their ISP, so if there is a case for compensation it would be Blizzard that are responsible for paying it and they would be perfectly entitled to claim their own compensation from their ISP.
    Okay, but when the issue is not with Blizzard's ISP, but potentially with yours? I had an entire night that I couldn't connect. The issue wasn't with Blizzard's ISP, or mine, but with the routing path from Toronto to California... it was dropping the traceroute everytime my ISP tech support tested it somewhere on AT&T's network in the middle of the USA (forget which state it was in...). It's not always an issue at one end or the other. The issue can occur somewhere in the middle.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Hey, sure you pay for the service but does it say ANYWHERE that it should and will work for 100% all the time? No. Some peoples really sounds like their world got destroyed because the servers are down for under 24h.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Believe me, I fully understand good customer service. I work in customer service, and have for a number of years. But you don't award compensation to customers for something until you are sure it is something that was faulted by your side of the equation. When it comes to the internet, there is not just simply two parties involved (Customer and Company), there is so much more involved, that all must be accounted for. Example: If the customer's ISP made a network update that impacted the customer's ability to connect to the service, how is the company's fault, when the USER'S ISP made the mistake and has to fix it now?
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunooo View Post
    After all we paid for a service that is not given to us.
    You're not paying for a service, and you're not entitled for compensation, but if it proves to be a really big problem today, Blizzard likely will give people a small bit of extra game time. Because Blizzard is nice like that.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 07:27 PM ----------

No rebuttal is ever taken seriously when it starts with name calling. Not to mention, "fanboy" is the most abused accusation when it comes to the world of the cesspit that the gaming community has become. If someone doesn't like something, they'll call anyone a fanboy if they don't agree with their criticism. Even if it's someone just pointing out the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by antonp9595 View Post
    I don't think the money is the problem really.
    Yea. The stupid players that think they are entitled to everything are the real problem here.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you are not entitled to compensation. One word: EULA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I would respond to this point, but no. Starting off like that makes it not worth the effort.

The wow community is terrible and has always been terrible. Why are you guys surprised people want compensation for everything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I really wish people would stop pointing to the ToS and EULA... Though those agreements with Blizzard do not state that they are required to compensate us, it is a good business practice. This thread is an opinion thread not a fact thread. As it has been stated several times in this thread, there is a historical reasoning to ask for compensation for this inconvenience.

Though, I will admit that since the last free day that was given was almost 4 years ago the chance of getting a free day is slim. That doesn't change the fact that I believe that customers should be compensated for this service interruption.
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2012-12-29 at 07:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    I really wish people would stop pointing to the ToS and EULA... Though those agreements with Blizzard do not state that they are required to compensate us, it is a good business practice. This thread is an opinion thread not a fact thread...
    Let's do the math then, shall we?

The cost of subscription is fifteen dollars a month. The average month consists of 31 days. Considering that most 'downtime' lasts for less than a day, you're looking at less than thirty cents in compensation.

Doling out such miniscule amounts to whomever is actually affected by the downtime is a pointless and stupid exercise from a business standpoint. So no, they are not required to nor should they.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Okay, but when the issue is not with Blizzard's ISP, but potentially with yours? I had an entire night that I couldn't connect. The issue wasn't with Blizzard's ISP, or mine, but with the routing path from Toronto to California... it was dropping the traceroute everytime my ISP tech support tested it somewhere on AT&T's network in the middle of the USA (forget which state it was in...). It's not always an issue at one end or the other. The issue can occur somewhere in the middle.
    It would appear that your problem is very different from what happened today and that yours made it easy for each party involved to pass the blame onto someone else. Unfortunately when there are just a few people that are suffering difficulties often companies are just not interested in getting to the bottom of the problem.

The EULA does not absolve Blizzard from meeting their customers' statutory rights. As the problem appears to be fixed and the downtime is less than a day I would say that legally there is no right for compensation, however it would be nice if Blizzard gave us some kind of in game item, such as a boost to a faction of your choice rep, an extra roll on loot or bonus exp, by way of an apology.

10+ Year Old Account
    The EULA does not absolve Blizzard from meeting their customers' statutory rights. As the problem appears to be fixed and the downtime is less than a day I would say that legally there is no right for compensation, however it would be nice if Blizzard gave us some kind of in game item, such as a boost to a faction of your choice rep, an extra roll on loot or bonus exp, by way of an apology.
    Please point me to the legislation, common or statute, that requires them to compensate their customers for less than a day of downtime.

You aren't entitled time because you don't pay to play, this isn't a service Blizzard is required to give upon your payment. You do, however pay to enter into their servers and enjoy what they created. This is much more of a amusement park scenario than a restaurant scenario. They don't make things because you pay them, you pay them to enjoy what they make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Please point me to the legislation, common or statute, that requires them to compensate their customers for less than a day of downtime.
    In the very post you quoted I wrote; "As the problem appears to be fixed and the downtime is less than a day I would say that legally there is no right for compensation..."

10+ Year Old Account
    In the very post you quoted I wrote; "As the problem appears to be fixed and the downtime is less than a day I would say that legally there is no right for compensation..."
    Then they have no 'statuatory right' which the EULA abrogates.