Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Ok so Ive put about 2 days into this game and so far there are a lot of things I like. But I have some questions and somethings just arent clicking:

- I die alot. Well, not as much now that I have my Sword/Assult Rifle combo figured out a lot better. But how should I be going about getting better gear? Right now everything I have is pretty much quest reward and a few drops off random mobs. Should I be crafting?

- Leveling confuses me a bit. I understand there are no "levels" and that the indicuation of mob difficulty is based on the AP and SP points Ive spent. But why does it seem like mob difficulty is not going down as I spend those points? I feel like Im already running around repeating Normal quests and a few Hard quests but the Very Hards and even mobs are not lowering in level.

- Clothes. I see that completeting "decks" will merrit me some new clothes. I also found vendors in London but holy crap that shit is expensive. How long am I going to run around in these crappy starter clothes?

- Why cant I see how many AB points I have in the wheel? All I can see is how many SP points I have and when I go to the SP screen then I can see how many unused AB points I have. Is this just a poor design or am I blind?

I might have more down the chain but I tend to use the the ingame browser to find most my answers.
    1) Crafting can get you better gear in the early game, but drops and quest rewards will do you fine, imo the biggest bar to crafting is a lack of high enough quality tool kits and crafting, while good in its conception needs much more development to be any sort of viable alternative to quest and drop gear. But maybe that's the point as vertical progression in this game is designed to be minimal.

2)Mob difficulty is based on gear level not AP/SP earned, so they won't seem easier until you get better gear, although the right abilities and gear slotting will help. If you are dieing a lot look to get some passives that provide a self heal, a good early one is healing sparks in the fist section.
    EDIT: also don't just slot damage gear, you will want a bit of health and heal gear if you are soloing, otherwise those passive heals just won't do enough.

3) Clothes do seem expensive at first but pax is easily earned, once you are in to the savage coast and blue mountain you should be able to afford additional clothing (it doesn't drop), although yu get clothes for all sorts of things like completing achievements and finding lore as well as completing decks.

4) Not sure what you mean here. Your total sp and ap points appear in the bottom right of the screen when you earn them, but if you go into your ability wheel or skill bar windows they disappear from your hud as these are just notifications.

- Why cant I see how many AB points I have in the wheel? All I can see is how many SP points I have and when I go to the SP screen then I can see how many unused AB points I have. Is this just a poor design or am I blind?
    Blind

My character's name is Melisande, so feel free to add me to friends and shoot me any questions you may have.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-12-29 at 05:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Blind
    I meant unspent AP's, sorry. I keep bouncing back to the SP screen to see how many I have saved up for the more expensive abilities.

Deleted
    Hi guys!

So today I started playing TSW, what an amazing game! Quests are really well done, some of them are incredibly hard but that's fine for me since that was what I was looking for from this MMO

I'm currently playing on Cerberus, is there anything like guilds/clans on this game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    Hi guys!

So today I started playing TSW, what an amazing game! Quests are really well done, some of them are incredibly hard but that's fine for me since that was what I was looking for from this MMO

I'm currently playing on Cerberus, is there anything like guilds/clans on this game?
    I believe they are called Cabal's

Hi guys!

Yes there is, they are called Cabals in TSW. There are a bunch of Cabals recruiting in Agartha, otherwise head to the Cabal section on the TSW forum!

I meant unspent AP's, sorry. I keep bouncing back to the SP screen to see how many I have saved up for the more expensive abilities.
    That is unspent. In that pic, I have 10 unspent out of a maximum of 175 unspent.

Deleted
    I'm beginning to think he means that he wpould like to know his available AP/SP on the main screen without having to go in to the skill wheel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Passorted Deets View Post
    I'm beginning to think he means that he wpould like to know his available AP/SP on the main screen without having to go in to the skill wheel.
    I didnt realize that was it. It looked to me to be how many spoints Ive spent in that Weapon Tier, not how many points I have available to how many Ive spent in the tier.

Ok so Ive put about 2 days into this game and so far there are a lot of things I like. But I have some questions and somethings just arent clicking:

- I die alot. Well, not as much now that I have my Sword/Assult Rifle combo figured out a lot better. But how should I be going about getting better gear? Right now everything I have is pretty much quest reward and a few drops off random mobs. Should I be crafting?

- Leveling confuses me a bit. I understand there are no "levels" and that the indicuation of mob difficulty is based on the AP and SP points Ive spent. But why does it seem like mob difficulty is not going down as I spend those points? I feel like Im already running around repeating Normal quests and a few Hard quests but the Very Hards and even mobs are not lowering in level.

- Clothes. I see that completeting "decks" will merrit me some new clothes. I also found vendors in London but holy crap that shit is expensive. How long am I going to run around in these crappy starter clothes?

I might have more down the chain but I tend to use the the ingame browser to find most my answers.
    You will likely die a lot on each transition into a higher zone. Also when you stumble across some of the harder QL quests that are splattered through the zones (though this is more from egypt on, there are a couple in Blue Mountains). Crafting will be quite important for filling in the gaps of gear you haven't had luck with acquiring, or making a second set of gear if you decide you say want to tr your hand at tanking. My advice is to realise that when you're soloing, the target is not to have the mob necessarily die fast (though this is definitely a bonus), its to have the mob die before you do. Some survivability/tanking tools, or some healing will help with that a lot. I personally leveled with a slightly unusual tankish build with heals chaos/fist. Now using a dps fist/chaos build for my soloing and then AR/Shotgun for ranged dps in nightmares and when I'm healing (which is more common), I'm either Fist/Pistol or AR/Fist - depending on the fight.

Crafting: http://blackrabbit2999.blogspot.com/...rehensive.html (this has everything except for gadget construction which won't be a worry for you till you're nearly finished questing altogether, so will be everything you need to know for now. Honestly, its less complicated than it looks!)

It appears that mob difficulty is related to what your highest weapon has been raised to (with SP, not what you have equipped). This can mean that a mob with a white circle besides its name should be even difficulty with your expected gear level. This however can lie if you've been only upping weapons and not your talisman's with sp.

Clothing. Decks will do it, also often when you finish off achievements you'll get given clothing, some quests will also have them as you go along. A haz-mat suit in blue mountains springs to mind. As for expensive - you'll find that your pax will skyrocket as you get into the later zones. Millions will come your way. I've bought nearly every single cosmetic item in the game (non-store) and its gotten to the point that its almost a little much . This might give you some idea on looks for the future: http://sephorassecretcloset.wordpress.com/

In addition to what Laikai said, remember that it's an MMO. Don't be afraid to ask for help in general chat, or make friends to group with on a regular basis.

Deleted
    Hi guys!

After my first day playing TSW all I have to say is that it's an amazing game. I'm currently a Rank 3 Templar (just finished "Into the Darkness" mission, what an incredible atmosphere!).

I recommend it to everyone, an MMO with puzzles and going around finding stuff but still keeping the essence of every MMO with a lot of combat and a truly, great atmosphere.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, I have never been this scared on a videogame since the release of the original FEAR

Image uploaded on Steam
    Last edited by mmocd57210a7db; 2012-12-30 at 02:55 AM.

Hi guys!

After my first day playing TSW all I have to say is that it's an amazing game. I'm currently a Rank 3 Templar (just finished "Into the Darkness" mission, what an incredible atmosphere!).

I recommend it to everyone, an MMO with puzzles and going around finding stuff but still keeping the essence of every MMO with a lot of combat and a truly, great atmosphere.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, I have never been this scared on a videogame since the release of the original FEAR

Image uploaded on Steam
    Just wait til Virgula Divina

Deleted
    Just got to the Savage Coast, after ~17½ hours, not sure if I'm just slow or if the zones are huge(been doing missions 99% of the time, not much dead time) and I just can't wait to experience the Amusement Park again, love the place <3
    One thing I've noticed, both in this run and in august is that the atmosphere is amazing, never have I experienced such an atmosphere in an MMO game, the first time I entered the Black House i actually got goosebumps, and the Amusement Park with it's static and it's greyish tone as well. Not sure how Egypt feels but so far I feel like I'm in a paranormal detective movie. Amazing game!

So, a few questions, I don't want any spoilers so on the first question a simple Yes or No works super!

1. Will I ever get to know who... or what "The Eye" Is as an Illuminati Member?

2. How is the Raid? I've seen the introduction to it but never the raid itself, some info would be cool!

3. Once you've done all 8 zones, how do you feel? Is there much to do except go back to them(from a Pve point of view.) I will probably go back since I just fucking love this game, pardon my language).

1) Haven't played an illuminati high enough for that myself so ... pass .

2) I have yet to be in a successful attempt, as a healer though there was a lot of avoiding mechanics, learning that healing all the time is ... a very bad thing. I liked it in other words. It was nothing astounding but the fact that the parties I were in were still failing to mechanics (or having bad luck with tank swaps or whispering still being on etc) suggests that its at about the right amount of difficulty. As for atmosphere ... oh hell yes. Raid has it in spades.

3) Well, outside of working on getting your wheel completed, auxiliary weapons, ql 10 difficulty quests, farming for signets, going to do lairs, going to do experts, then nightmares ... then pvp (if you want). There's a lot to do. The end game is still missing ... something though right now but there's still a lot to do until they fill in the gaps. Oh yes, and farming for more signets ...

Virgula as mentioned in the post about atmosphere is I believe a templar specific quest - definitely worth rolling a templar at some point to see it though. Arguably the best quest in the game - though the new one from update 5 might've bet that out now if you count them all as one big quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the game, was actually pleasantly surprised with the combat, it doesn't feel clunky or slow, been playing pistol/swords.

Feel like a total nub in the game atm, with all the weapon choices and only 7 bar slots, but I am killing stuff easily so far. Did the first instance, it was very fun, loved the cthulhu at the end lol.

The game has huge potential.

Deleted
    So I just finished "The Kingsmouth Code" mission.

I won't believe anyone who tells me that he did by himself Tier 3 from this mission. It's impossible, I had to google it

So I just finished "The Kingsmouth Code" mission.

I won't believe anyone who tells me that he did by himself Tier 3 from this mission. It's impossible, I had to google it
    Which part was that? I did it in a group and we manage to figure it out.

Deleted
    The part in which you have to find the next place and the clue talks about gods and kings and you have to enter a password which is 120 and the place is the Priests house. I had to google for a guide since I got stuck there for almost an hour.

The part in which you have to find the next place and the clue talks about gods and kings and you have to enter a password which is 120 and the place is the Priests house. I had to google for a guide since I got stuck there for almost an hour.
    Ah yeah. "Time is the province of Kings and Gods. The hands of time point to truths written by kings in the words of God. The path is open to the enlightened." A friend noticed the clock nearby luckily. We knew we were looking for a clock because of "hands of time" and figured "words of God" meant the Bible. Already knew Kings was a book in the Bible.

That part was a little vague, but believe it or not they get tougher than that lol