10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing how poor Stoke are at the back without Shawcross.

Also United keeping a clean sheet feels weird.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Villa leaking goals like the Titanic, they come to the Liberty next. Michu will be back, and more worrying Pablo, Rangel are back and Dyer is hitting form. We may have Villa too if some of these rumours are true, would be insane that.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    It's amazing how poor Stoke are at the back without Shawcross.

Also United keeping a clean sheet feels weird.
    Didn't they have 10 men? poor or not they still haven't lost at home. You get the odd clanger of a game. We had ours againt Reading at home we should have won by 7 or 8, somehow we were 0-2 down at ht. It's football. Pulis done hell of a job there and is a great manager.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 05:09 PM ----------

C@rd*ff won again, I think we will see the South Wales derby in the top flight for the first time next season. It will make some so called derby games look like a tennis match.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyrddinGwyllt View Post
    Didn't they have 10 men?
    Sending off was in the 70th, they went 3-1 down at home to Southampton. The back four today was a complete disorganised mess for Stoke's quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another great game between Arsenal and Newcastle.

Also, give Theo the money, if he still wants to stay.

What a game, 7-3, a nice new year gift.
    Last edited by mirodin; 2012-12-29 at 07:20 PM.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    first impression from the game, What?! O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus did I read that right, 7-3?

Quote Originally Posted by MyrddinGwyllt View Post

Do you ever make fun of Queens park with the crowd? I remember going to watch Darlington v Swansea one game and there were like 1200 in a 32,000 seater stadium I think we took the piss no end. Darlington were crazy, well the guy who owned them was. 3 premier league sides in close proximity, what this town needs is a premier league size ground for a division 4 side. Great logic.
    Never, besides the fact they're one of the oldest clubs in WORLD football & gave it a number of features we recognise today there's the fact they own Hampden, their lasting gift to the Scottish game is the right for the national side to play there. Truth is most of Scottish football doesn't have a problem with it as they were essentially the primary dominant force in our game - they're still the third most successful side in Scottish Cup play after all & are only where they are because they didn't sell out to become professional. I'm just glad we were relegated this season and not next as they're soon to be "removed" from Hampden as it undergoes work to become the athletics venue for Glasgow 2014 - as it stands the capacity was reduced to 42,000 as they work on one of the stands in preparation, still made a cool £250k profit.

Besides, how many amateur sides can say they grace the same stage as the worlds greatest where Champions League finals have been played & Olympic Games have been held - there's a certain awesome factor in that!

HOWEVER one side I do take the piss out of are the Beasts from the East, losing 1-0 today on top of the disgusting actions of their fans earlier in the week (50 of them chucked out of Dens Park - 4 arrested including atleast one for singing songs praising the IRA) it's been a distinctly poor week for them!
    Last edited by koodledrum; 2012-12-29 at 08:19 PM.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus did I read that right, 7-3?

watch the highlights or the match, really fun to watch :P some of the goals just left me breathless, not cause of the skill but that they were goals.

and for once arsenal actually was feeling dangerous on the attack.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jeez 7-3, Arsenal like goals ;D Gonna watch MOTD in 15 mins to see them all

Hansen's gonna jizz his pants at the amount of defending he'll have to rip on MotD tonight!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol Walcott's last goal, fantastic. Annoyed I missed this game ^^.

Watched the city game and the arsenal game. Fun to watch although the defending was pretty atrocious (but honestly the most entertaining games usually have terrible defending)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    Vital win... Up to third now. If it was anyone else who went to ground it would have been a penalty. Bale is being treated like Suarez.

In AVB we trust!

Everton and Chelsea draw would do me nicely.
    I agree after seeing the reply of Bale, I don't think it was a dive (Defoe dived though lol, not sure how that didn't get a card) but at the same time Bale only has himself to blame for having that reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    I agree after seeing the reply of Bale, I don't think it was a dive (Defoe dived though lol, not sure how that didn't get a card) but at the same time Bale only has himself to blame for having that reputation.
    Na, it happens a lot that he goes down under light contact, but refs just dont see it and then book him for it. I mean the pundits call it too, when you move at the speed he does it doesnt take a lot of contact to really take you off-balance. I wont deny he sometimes goes down easily, but theres nearly always contact.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion referees shouldn't book for simulated diving. Allow play to go on and let such instances be reviewed by an FA panel after the game with access to replays.

Anyone found to have dived gets a 1 game suspension. That'll fix it.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's not a bad idea tbh Fengore, most of the time ref's aren't in a decent enough position to see if it is a dive or not, unless it is amazingly blatent.

And Xanjori indeed, Bale is such a quick bugger ("bugger" in a nice way!) that even the smallest of touches can send you off balance, either way he really didn't deserve the yellow card.

Clattenburg made a rather bad call with the red card for Nzonzi, sure he was frustrated from the tackle on him a few moments earlier, but he didn't actually even touch the Southampton player, he just stepped over his leg... (if my memory serves me right, i'm starting to doubt my memory now :P)
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-12-30 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Na, it happens a lot that he goes down under light contact, but refs just dont see it and then book him for it. I mean the pundits call it too, when you move at the speed he does it doesnt take a lot of contact to really take you off-balance. I wont deny he sometimes goes down easily, but theres nearly always contact.
    Definitely but in this case it wasn't a light touch. A knee into the side of the leg Bale is balancing all his weight on at that speed is only ever gonna result in one thing. Falling. Bales leg doesn't move unnaturally after contact either. Such a shame people just seem to want to brandish him a diver. But that may be his own doing.

How can the ref watch Defoe make among the worst dives this season straight infront of him and do nothing and then book bale for that? He also would have known he was in line for a ban/one more game off losing all yellows. With ferguson getting no ban for what he done it just shows too much inconsistency among refereeing.

Check bales dive in slow mo.

http://mobypicture.com/user/leephelps/view/14512962

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    anytime you need to look multiple replies and slow mo to see wether he dived or not, I feel for the refs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hence my suggestion if you think he dived just play on and leave it to a review panel. Managers will be fuming with their players if they start getting 1 match bans, clubs will fine wages on players who do, and the practice will die out.

Hence my suggestion if you think he dived just play on and leave it to a review panel. Managers will be fuming with their players if they start getting 1 match bans, clubs will fine wages on players who do, and the practice will die out.
    Well I agree with a review panel. Whats best is because its a booking we cant appeal it, however we lose what is probably considered our best player for a game.