Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    People quitting cos it was too hard just illistrates the wrong people play this game now.
    Now the game just lowers the bar too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    It kind of does. I never see casuals running streams on twitch or talking with the community. Don't come in a thread and bash people like you are 12 years old. Making this game difficult will make people flock back to it.
    What's this based on? Didn't the game get the most subscribers when the easiest raid ever came out? (Naxx remake in Wrath)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Except when they skip telling the story in game, and tell it in a book you then have to buy to understand whats going on (which they have done a few times by now - especially since cata).
    Nothing to do with the attunement quests. Cata and MoP told us the story in-game than they ever did before. No raid story has ever been told on a book.

I love it as it is, I used to rate BC as my favourite but I think its more than obvious that its just nostalgic thinking going on in my brain.
    Obviously though, PvP has seen brighter times, but I feel the PvE raiding content is amazing, and what's coming in 5.2 is yet another improvement again.
    Last edited by Asphyxiate9; 2012-12-30 at 01:09 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Ghostcrawler has completely lost touch on the playerbase, and I'm sick and tired of him telling me what's fun.

Ask Mages if we like our class. 99 out of 100 will say they're bored/disliking it.

All mages are dicks! They love their class, because it takes zero skill..and its easy
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    You are obviously one of those people that want to lord over the players who you deem are under you and be the special little snowflake that you are trying so hard to prove that you're not. You want everyone to play the game the way you do and like it or gtfo. Hate to burst your bubble bud, but you're one subscriber in a sea of millions. Even the people who think like you are to small of a demographic for blizzard to really even care about. Plus, you DO have challenge available. It's called heroic modes. If you don't like LFR and think its dumb, then don't bother messing with it. Do your heroic modes and leave other people alone. Why are you so intent on trying to force everyone to think and play the way you do? Trying to be the next Adolf Hitler?
    Absolutely. You are spot on. I've been reading Nathane's posts and he just seems more into power than having the game play as he wants it to. Tsk tsk. People with oversized egos give me a good laugh.

Deleted
    I didn't play in vanilla, but only a few months after TBC was release. It was a cool game, nice and all...but GOD was it awful at time. I quited soon after Sunwell was release, and only came back just before ICC was released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Or because back then it was new.
    The community was better. WoW was a much more social game.

I'm having far less trouble with "the community" today than I used to have. Just because modern day WoW gives me the opportunity to avoid dicks. I quit hardcore raiding in Vanilla because of "the community" (which, for the most part, was just a bunch of elitist, selfimportant, bigoted geeks) and subsequently quit the game alltogether because there wasn't anything to do in the game if you weren't raiding.

In today's day and age, I can do whatever the hell I want, enjoy myself and, for most of the time, block out anyone who I wouldn't want to spend a minute of my life with in the first place (like this Nathane dude here - man, must that guy hurt). Just like you would do in real life.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2012-12-30 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I'm having far less trouble with "the community" today than I used to have. Just because modern day WoW gives me the opportunity to avoid dicks. I quit hardcore raiding in Vanilla because of "the community" (which, for the most part, was just a bunch of elitist, selfimportant, bigoted geeks) and subsequently quit the game alltogether because there wasn't anything to do in the game if you weren't raiding.

In today's day and age, I can do whatever the hell I want, enjoy myself and, for most of the time, block out anyone who I wouldn't want to spend a minute of my life with in the first place (like this Nathane dude here - man, must that guy hurt). Just like you would do in real life.
    I was going to post something just like this, but you already did it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    I felt the exact same way I do today as I did mid-wrath about it. I hated WoTLK style of raiding from the beginning even when it was current content. It's funny how people blame nostalgia on peoples thoughts it's stupid nonsense and for people that can't make a valid argument about why Vanilla / TBC was worse than current content.

They simply can't accept the fact it was better. It's not about the bosses difficulty that made Vanilla great it was the gaming community and the way they cared for each other. Other guilds helping the guilds that struggle killing a boss or when the events happened like kitting bosses with your friends to SW would make someone's day worthwhile. The mainstream way of approaching things today is to try to simplify it for new players and by that it damages the fundamental game that the game was built upon [i.e. the community].
    You can't even remember exactly how you felt back then. People didn't behave significantly better in vanilla than they do now. Especially not those "friendly" types that kited bosses to capitals.

You also seem to have forgotten that WoWs success is, in fact, built upon opening the genre to the masses. Right from the very beginning. The primary key has always been accessibility, not community, as you seem to believe.

This game was better when people didn't constantly try to find flaws in it to justify them being tired of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    No, the community has always been full of dicks, the only difference in Vanilla was that you knew who you should be avoiding.
    No, the community was better because people had to make friends to see the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    This game was better when people didn't constantly try to find flaws in it to justify them being tired of the game.
    This thought crosses my mind every time I see a whine thread on MMO Champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    No, the community was better because people had to make friends to see the game.
    So what? This somehow prevented the existence of dicks? Sure you could avoid them, but you can avoid them now, perhaps even easier.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    So what? This somehow prevented the existence of dicks? Sure you could avoid them, but you can avoid them now, perhaps even easier.
    No. Now they rule the game because there are no consequences for destroying the game for others because no one knows each other.

It's not necessary to make friends so no one cares about anyone but themselves, and anyone who does want a sense of community is driven away.

If we want a real community now we have to make it on our own, but we have to fight the game to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    No. Now they rule the game because there are no consequences for destroying the game for others because no one knows each other.

It's not necessary to make friends so no one cares about anyone but themselves, and anyone who does want a sense of community is driven away.

If we want a real community now we have to make it on our own, but we have to fight the game to do it.
    I'm going to say that is incorrect. If you want to make a community, then join a guild with people who you do more than just raid with. Make friends in the guild and talk on vent or skype. Shoot the breeze with people and make it your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Dunno about anyone else, but I prefer listening to why people don't like the game. Offers introspection.

You don't have to justify being tired of the game, but understanding why can help you to learn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    I'm going to say that is incorrect. If you want to make a community, then join a guild with people who you do more than just raid with. Make friends in the guild and talk on vent or skype. Shoot the breeze with people and make it your own.
    What guilds?

Everyone does LFR.

Guilds are for the hardcore only now.

I am more than capable of making friends and putting effort into doing that because I am such a confident person, but like I said, I have to fight the game to do it. Whereas before in vanilla, TBC and Wrath, you had to make friends to see the game otherwise you simply wouldn't see everything.

"The Game Was Better When"

People didn't bitch constantly and reminisce about worse versions of WoW.

Failing to realize it's called Rose Tinted Goggles. I have damn good memories of BC as everyone does, But does that make it the best expansion and time of WoW? No it does not, Because those are my memories. I know if we went back to the BC style the game would fail.
    Last edited by Elysara; 2012-12-30 at 03:55 PM.