Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Arthas (Prince of Lordaeron) turned the lands into what it is now, the living population ran away and droped their homeland. The living population has no rights on this lands anymore.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 05:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    No one has right to a piece of soil ,otherwise most the world would belong to the Trolls.
    Trolls had different tribes and never were so strong in numbers to populate the whole Eastern Kingdoms, leave alone Lordaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Arthas (Prince of Lordaeron) turned the lands into what it is now, the living population ran away and droped their homeland. The living population has no rights on this lands anymore.
    If they are strong enough to retake it, the land belongs to them simple as that, if we would apply that kind of logic almost the entire planet would belong to the troll empires and the Aqir.

Trolls had different tribes and never were so strong in numbers to populate the whole Eastern Kingdoms, leave alone Lordaeron.
    The troll empires were vast and powerful, but fell in decline as a former troll tribe challenged their leadership and took most of their land, you know the night elves.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-12-30 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one has right to a piece of soil ,otherwise most the world would belong to the Old Gods.
    I fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I fixed that for you.
    Well I was only counting mortal races, but if you put it that way you would be correct ;P

Still the titans overthrew them and took it away, reforging it as they saw fit, such are the spoils for the victor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And they feel no pain, they dont tire and dont need to feed or drink. Advantages outnumber the disadvantages. You keep focusing on the aesthetics, yet you should focus on mental atributes.

Not every individual is prepared for such drastic change, but those with strong will can adapt and prosper.
    Well first of all it was said that they feel great pain when they channel the light. So I'm not sure about that not-feeling-any-pain thing. But I'm also sure that if they do feel no pain, it is because they do not feel anything. Which means they also feel no pleasure. And then I highly doubt the advantages outnumber the disadvantages. You also have to keep in mind that in WoW people don't cease to exist when they die. So the choice is not really between ceasing to exist and living on as a rotting corpse, but between passing over into the next stage of existence or living on as a rotting corpse. I would gladly trade the grey life of the Forsaken to being able to see what happens after death.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 05:15 PM ----------

The still living population of Lordaeron has all the rights to secure their homeland for themselves.

Oh whats that, they cant because they are but weak remnants? Too bad.
    Then we are not talking about right anymore. We're simply accepting that whoever wins takes it all. Then the Goblins have as much right to Lordaeron as the Forsaken or the Humans.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Well, they did in Warcraft 3. Before WoW neutered them.
    They didn't hate every other race back then either. They might have looked down on a couple of them, but they didn't hate everyone else.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 05:18 PM ----------

The living can have all the Lordaeron land they want, they just have to die for it like the Forsaken did.
    There is absolutely 0 sense in that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Well first of all it was said that they feel great pain when they channel the light. So I'm not sure about that not-feeling-any-pain thing. But I'm also sure that if they do feel no pain, it is because they do not feel anything. Which means they also feel no pleasure. And then I highly doubt the advantages outnumber the disadvantages. You also have to keep in mind that in WoW people don't cease to exist when they die. So the choice is not really between ceasing to exist and living on as a rotting corpse, but between passing over into the next stage of existence or living on as a rotting corpse. I would gladly trade the grey life of the Forsaken to being able to see what happens after death.
    Feeling pain is not the same as feeling pleasure.

Forsaken still hate, love, desire, etc. Feeling or not feeling pain is a different story.

Then we are not talking about right anymore. We're simply accepting that whoever wins takes it all. Then the Goblins have as much right to Lordaeron as the Forsaken or the Humans.
    Yes it is after all just a piece of soil, who knows who will live there in a few hundred years, the entire notion of claiming soil for your people is nice and dandy, but in the end meaningless, your culture is essential, you could move to another part of the world and nothing would really change, except for the scenery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is after all just a piece of soil, who knows who will live there in a few hundred years, the entire notion of claiming soil for your people is nice and dandy, but in the end meaningless, your culture is essential, you could move to another part of the world and nothing would really change, except for the scenery.
    Unless you are tied down to a magical energy vortex.

Unless you are tied down to a magical energy vortex.
    If you have the means to create a new source of power, even then you can move, the highborne did it after their exile.

Deleted
    Feeling pain is not the same as feeling pleasure.

Forsaken still hate, love, desire, etc. Feeling or not feeling pain is a different story.
    I didn't say that feeling pain and feeling pleasure is the same, I said that IF they didn't feel any pain, I assume that it is because they don't feel anything. It would also be good to see a source on them not feeling any pain, as they at least feel pain when channeling the light and probably when being attacked by the Light.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is absolutely 0 sense in that.
    Because if the living died while fighting for the land, they would be resurrected as Forsaken. Once they've become Forsaken, there is no more conflict as all the land will belong to them.

Deleted
    Because if the living died while fighting for the land, they would be resurrected as Forsaken. Once they've become Forsaken, there is no more conflict as all the land will belong to them.
    Yeah but why should they have to go down that route. Their land is still their land.

Yeah but why should they have to go down that route. Their land is still their land.
    Its not theirs, I dont see them rule it.

Deleted
    Its not theirs, I dont see them rule it.
    The people who live there since they were born? Since before the Scourge even appeared. They don't own their land?

The people who live there since they were born? Since before the Scourge even appeared. They don't own their land?
    No, they dont. Their laws dont apply there, there are hardly any survivors and any attempt to reclaim it was denied at the start.

Deleted
    No one has right to a piece of soil ,otherwise most the world would belong to the Trolls.
    Ofcourse they do, that's why separate countries exist nowadays. I know comparing WoW to reality is beyond stupid but the issue of Lordearon does somewhat mirror real life conflicts, ergo Israel/Palestine. People have a right to land and the right to defend it.

Trolls lived there before the humans do now, why are they not back there to reclaim it, since it belonged to them it should belong to them now. The pillar carrying their society collapsed and the forsaken took their place, either the living are strong enough to stand against them and retake that particular piece of soil, fall and join the ranks of the forsaken or rebuild their society elsewhere.

Deleted
    No, they dont. Their laws dont apply there, there are hardly any survivors and any attempt to reclaim it was denied at the start.
    Right there are hardly any survivors. Now.

Your logic is fucked up. Their own laws don't apply in their own land? What are you arguing?

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 06:07 PM ----------

Trolls lived there before the humans do now, why are they not back there to reclaim it, since it belonged to them it should belong to them now. The pillar carrying their society collapsed and the forsaken took their place, either the living are strong enough to stand against them and retake that particular piece of soil, fall and join the ranks of the forsaken or rebuild their society elsewhere.
    If you use that logic then the land doesn't belong to the Forsaken either. It never belonged to anyone. But people have to decide. You can't say that the Forsaken continue to own their land in death as they did so in life, and then say that it doesn't belong to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    People have a right to land and the right to defend it.
    People have a right to defend, true but they have no right to the land itself, it will still be there long after the culture that dwelt there for a brief time.

If you use that logic then the land doesn't belong to the Forsaken either. It never belonged to anyone. But people have to decide. You can't say that the Forsaken continue to own their land in death as they did so in life, and then say that it doesn't belong to anyone.
    Indeed that is my point, they can defend what they believe belongs to them, but it is just a piece of soil and will most likely change hands many times in the future. They are just people who rent the place if you will ;P
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-12-30 at 05:11 PM.

Your logic is fucked up. Their own laws don't apply in their own land? What are you arguing?
    Kill any random human in Lordaeron and you will propably get rewarded. I dont think King Terenas Menethil rewarded anyone for slaughtering population of a local farm.