Quote Originally Posted by Shaedris View Post
    Huh, even I didn't know that curse resistance gets higher all the way up to 30 held humanity. I mean I knew resistances got higher when you go human and upon having more soft humanities but 30 is quite a lot..

Besides, the mobs that DO curse you can be dealt with so easily.
    Until you're in the tree to Ash Lake. Even knowing where all those frogs were I still got cursed several times.
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

15+ Year Old Account
    Huh, even I didn't know that curse resistance gets higher all the way up to 30 held humanity. I mean I knew resistances got higher when you go human and upon having more soft humanities but 30 is quite a lot..

Besides, the mobs that DO curse you can be dealt with so easily.

also certain weapons do more damage with more humanity (like quelaggs fury sword).

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Deleted
    back wuhuuu,,, only found socks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I might watch it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 06:29 PM ----------

Ponies.
    Stupid stuff!
    EVERYWHERE!
    More ponies!
    Dooooo eeeet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    doubt it will be very good, im waiting for World War Z to come out actually, that looked good. and it has Brad Pitt!

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 06:31 PM ----------

why wait 3 weeks though?!?!
    Bah :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know D:
    It'd made sense if it was over the christmas period, but now it's just..
    STOOPEHD!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFerret View Post
    Until you're in the tree to Ash Lake. Even knowing where all those frogs were I still got cursed several times.
    They only took me by surprise once. After that it's a cakewalk.

Mushroom parents though..

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    also certain weapons do more damage with more humanity (like quelaggs fury sword).
    Chaos weapons do increased damage up to 10 held humanity.

Deleted
    meant the whole game, im starting to dread buying it

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 06:18 PM ----------

all directions but the right one xD
    Get ready for a video game rant;

I've actually been thinking about this. What makes Dark Souls so unique? And I think I found something yesterday that pretty much concluded it for me.

Remember back in the day where you didn't have 30 games to play, but 2? And those two games needed to stand up and be worthy of you to play them, because if they were boring and easy then you would complete them in a couple of days and then have nothing to do. Before Steam and GOG and all of that.

I think the reason Dark Souls is so loved by many gamers is because it forces you to understand the game in order to play it. You can't start up Dark Souls and then play it for a day and consider yourself good at the game, or even knowing the game. Even after you've played a week, there's still things you know nothing about in that game. And that means so much. It keeps you in the game, it makes it unique. It makes the game something you remember, the characters someone you will never forget.

People say that Dark Souls is hard and complicated, but it's hard and complicated for a reason. I remember when I was a kid I played Red Alert on my PC. I think I've played that game for like 100 hours because it didn't present itself to me; I had to search the game for the game itself. And that sounds strange, and it sounds stupid, but games aren't movies that are made to show you handpicked pictures, or a book to tell you an awesome story. It's meant to let you play through the story, introduce you to a system that will allow you to do this and set up some rules that you need to play under.

Basicly the rules is the whole game, which is why so many gamers really hate people praising graphics; The game is not the graphics, but the rules. Like with cards; You can have a deck of cards, and with that you can play hundreds of different games, all using the same cards. Why? Because every cardgame is just rules on how you may or may not use the cards.

Game designers 10-20 years ago knew this. If you present your player with a system he will master in a week, then he will grow tired after two. If you show him something complicated, that forces him to sit and analyse and evaluate the system, mechanics and dialog of the game, then he will be 'forced' into the game and the whole experience will be not only unique, but long.

There are of course some gaps in this, gaps made out of brilliance; Sometimes someone comes and makes something we know, but makes it so great that it's just joyful and fun to play. Like TF2, or Bastion, or MLP for that matter.

TL;DR: The reason Dark Souls is hard as balls, complicated and annoying is because it creates an experience, and it makes sure you remember the game. Dark Souls is not just another game in your steam browser; It is the game in your steam browser.

I wonder if I can knock people off the last railing before the firebombs with Wrath of Gods if I stand where that serpent mage was.. :3
    That

would be cool.

I need to build a faith character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera
    I don't get it.™

15+ Year Old Account

hmmm i always remember northernlion saying quelaggs went to 15 but i (or he) could be wrong.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

The parents weren't bad once you're at the base of the tree, provided you don't have problems using the game world to your advantage. They can't pass through the tunnel out to Ash Lake, so you can go in there and get them stuck trying to reach you, then kill them off safely.
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

New Year and all that.
    Until then... waiting

lol those are brutal.
    I don't get it.™

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diftraku View Post
    Dooooo eeeet!

Bah :P
    Haven't seen you in quite a while.
    Hello Dift.

Quote Originally Posted by Diftraku View Post
    Is Dredd the best movie or is it the best movie?
    Dredd is awesome

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    TL;DR: The reason Dark Souls is hard as balls, complicated and annoying is because it creates an experience, and it makes sure you remember the game. Dark Souls is not just another game in your steam browser; It is the game in your steam browser.
    I appreciate this post.

Listen to that man.
    I don't get it.™

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    Me being the perfect example, I've had the game pretty much ever since it was released on PS3 and there are still things I don't know (I learned to backstab only a few months ago, apparently you can't have your shield up. ) and I'm horrible at PvP. I've never really liked PvP though so I stayed as far away from it as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I don't know D:
    It'd made sense if it was over the christmas period, but now it's just..
    STOOPEHD!
    maybe they ran out of ideas, hence this weeks was flawed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFerret View Post
    The parents weren't bad once you're at the base of the tree, provided you don't have problems using the game world to your advantage. They can't pass through the tunnel out to Ash Lake, so you can go in there and get them stuck trying to reach you, then kill them off safely.
    I did that but they took a load of great/lighting spears so I decided to fuck it and went to kill the Hydra instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    The Abyss Greatsword also has that. It stacks to 11 Humanity + the stats scalling, which scales identically I think to the corrupted version of The Artorias Greatsword, which makes it dangerous in Physical damage I think... However, can't be enchanted.

Also, yeah, you get higher curse resistance with more humanity, reaching its peak at 30 humanity with 150 curse resistance. You can make it higher with the ring that also increases curse resistance.

Even though I once ended without humanity, the "Curse Frogs" (Basilisks) never cursed me. The only one who did that was Seath the Scaleless when he used his massive AoE attack during my first encounter with him in the Crystal Caves... and I was trying to cut his tail off that is. After that, he wasn't able to touch me with any of his crystals attacks.

CRYSSSSSSSSTALSSSSSSSSSSSS

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe they ran out of ideas, hence this weeks was flawed
    But they're already made.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 06:43 PM ----------

Oh well, Imma go eat food now. Cya later.