Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post

Weed may not be physically but psychologically it is.

Cigs...I believe it's both.
    Right. Just like video games, food, running or any other activity that someone may enjoy a little too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about misinformation on both sides. It's not like the government is da evil government in certain movies.
    Corporatism and corrupt politicians, actually.

http://norml.org/library/item/your-g...tegory_id=1106

Also, if you're interested in the legal history of cannabis in the US and how it was federally outlawed (nevermind states' rights or amending the constitution to federally ban something).

http://norml.org/library/item/part-i

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    you didn't figure that out by the topic of the thread, and during the time it took you to ask, what i meant obviously was any and all experiences that aren't exactly going to kill you outright on the first try.

life is unpredictable .. make the most of it. you really have no idea what will happen so, why waste it avoiding everything simply because something bad MIGHT happen.
    By that logic you have no idea if you'll get caught stealing or breaking the law so do it anyways.

Right. Just like video games, food, running or any other activity that someone may enjoy a little too much.

Yeah....except you can't smoke a video game
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Yes, the evil government which banned alcohol and then was forced figuratively at gunpoint to bring it back due to the public outcry of the people.
    Then explain Tobacco? You want to knit pick Alcohol, then explain Tobacco or Caffeine. Why is that shit allowed to be on the market, but weed isn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    I never said it was harmless, I said it's been the primary cause of 0 recorded deaths. Why do you guys insist on putting words in my mouth that I never said?

Also, cannabis makes you a hell of a lot more cautious (or paranoid, if you prefer). The typical weed smoker will look both ways... 3 times before crossing a street, lol. Aimlessly walking into the street without looking is something a drunk person would definitely do, however.
    Your argument against someone saying cannabis is harmful was that it caused 0 deaths. I said it doesn't have to cause death to be harmful. As accurate as your statement might be you were the one that refuted a question I believe to be accurate with something that doesn't answer it.

In some cases sure, cannabis can make you attentive or cautious. It can also make you spaced out and unattentive. I've smoked before, I know the effects so cherry picking and deflecting to alcohol, (when we're discussing cannabis) as bad as I think that is too, isn't going to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then explain Tobacco? You want to knit pick Alcohol, then explain Tobacco or Caffeine. Why is that shit allowed to be on the market, but weed isn't.
    Tobacco is much more harmful the smoking weed?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Because they can regulate, tax, and profit off of those items. The item in question, they haven't figured out a good way to regulate, tax, and profit from it yet.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Because politics isn't about what's best for the country; it's about being reelected. Smoking is such an intrinsically connected factor of US culture, in a vast variety of areas, that even despite the irrefutable and numerous negatives assigned to smoking you're going to have to have massive changes in the voter base before you can get a solid number of politicians to implement its ban. Then there's the problem that, because it is so massively addicted, what are you going to do with the millions of addicts once it is banned?

Not so mature yourself if you go through your sister's private shit. A case of "holier than thou", here, in my opinion, especially since there's nothing wrong with smoking some pot (I'd be way more pissed if my sister went through my stuff or phone without my knowledge than her smoking a joint, tbh). It's legal or tolerated in quite some countries for a reason - i'd be more worried if my sister would say she'd go drink until she's so drunk she can't stand, which is what most people do regularly. More unhealthy, and more dangerous.

By that logic you have no idea if you'll get caught stealing or breaking the law so do it anyways.
    stealing is a completely different thing to smoking weed, wtf is with the blatant exaggerations.

Yeah....except you can't smoke a video game
    Yes but you can get physically addicted to it, get massively overweight and die of clogged arteries. Also, using cannabis doesn't have to mean smoking it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Look at the post I quoted of yours. You quoted Alenarian who said "Completely harmless too, yeah? Science doesn't really agree with you." You responded with "There are 0 recorded deaths due to THC/cannabis. Mind replying with something to counter that rather than throwing out strawmen?". I responded to your direct statement with the sources I linked, and the implied statement you were making with my following paragraph. In later posts you did in fact admit that Marijuana is completely harmless, but those posts were written as I was posting mine. In none of the posts preceding the one I quoted, which was the last one I read before making my post, did you say that Marijuana is not harmless.

Before leaping down my throat with your "Strawmen" line again, try considering the implications of the post I was actually responding to. When you respond to someone saying "Marijuana is not harmless" with "it has caused zero deaths", there are two possible implications: that you believe marijuana is harmless because it hasn't killed anyone, or that you acknowledge that it's potentially harmful but not as bad as other drugs which to lead to deaths. Based on the posts you had made up to that point, I assumed you were making the former implication. Clearly, you meant the latter... so for making an incorrect deduction based on what you had said up to that point, I apologize.

I never once said that the government is a moral authority, nor will I ever say such a thing. If I were the type to be offended in threads like this, I would be highly offended that you would even suggest such a belief on my part. Legality and morality are not in any way related. I linked four sources, only two of which were governmental inherently, as sources of other information. Of the sites you link, the best is cdc.gov, not because the government is a moral authority, but because they have little reason to lie (medicalmarijuana.procon.org is going to be as biased in favor of marijuana as drugwatch.org is against; I linked those sources only because they were easy to find.)

The only thing that you said that I set out to directly refute was that Marijuana has caused no deaths. Small sample size doesn't change the fact that you made an absolute statement; it would take only a single death to prove your statement wrong.

So, what do we have left? We both agree that Marijuana is less harmful than toboacco or alcohol, but is still potentially harmful. We both agree that it's less physically addictive than alcohol and tobacco, and in fact is less addictive even than caffeine. Given that I had already stated my position in support of legalization, I'm not really sure what's left that we disagree on, other than whether or not Marijuana has caused any deaths.

Edit: I suppose my philosophical/personal beliefs against using such things would be a point of disagreement, but as I don't expect others to abide by beliefs/philosophies I hardly think that counts.

(Mostly, I hate absolute statements like "Marijuana has caused zero deaths", because in general they're unlikely to be true. If you had said "Marijuana has caused fewer deaths than either Tobacco or Alcohol", I probably wouldn't have blinked an eye.)
    Marijuana hasn't been the primary cause for any recorded deaths, you haven't disproven that, you've shown data that SUSPECTS it of being a contributing factor, not a cause of death. I'm still waiting for you to show me a single recorded death with marijuana as the primary factor, I mean unless you think my reports from the FDA and CDC are covered up to make weed look better.

Also, for that long of a post, you sure didn't say very much. :/ I mean if we only disagree on the number of deaths that can be traced back to Marijuana as a direct cause (not suspected contributor, that's a BS statistic and I hope you or anyone who's taken a statistics or polling class knows), there's really no need to waste focusing on anything else. Did you see my FDA and CDC links?
    Last edited by Mukki; 2012-12-30 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's hard to argue marijuana with people in this thread because unlike them... I'm an advocate and know the ins and outs of marijuana at a biological scale... I know the 2 main chemicals in weed are CBD (Cannabinoids) and THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol)... CBD's give you the typical couch lock, munchies and body high... but they also reduce the rate at which cancer spreads and they slow down the process of memory loss diseases. THC is more of the actual drug affect that people do it for... It's related to the euphoria, mental highs... zoning out... detailed imagination etc... There are two types of plants, Indica which is CBD dominate and only has a flowering state of about 1-2 months... The other plant is Sativa which is THC dominant, but has a flowering state that can take as long as 3 months... which is why you're more likely to find an indica on the streets because it's quicker to grow and sell.

When you know the plant fairly well... it's hard to be scared of it, especially when the media tries to portray it as some devil drug. If something scares you, like weed did to me as a kid... you have to find the knowledge on your own and make your own decisions... I was told growing up that weed is horrible and that you can be addicted to it like alcohol... I believed them without questioning, until I decided to find the truth on my own... which is something people should do, not only for weed, but everything.
    Last edited by crakerjack; 2012-12-30 at 07:49 PM.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Yes but you can get physically addicted to it, get massively overweight and die of clogged arteries. Also, using cannabis doesn't have to mean smoking it.

No you can't. You can get psychologically addicted to it, not physically.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Are you comparing Endorphines to smoking weed? Wat

Weed may not be physically but psychologically it is.

Cigs...I believe it's both.
    No I compared it to drugs, because it is in essence a drug produced by our body. The most addictive drug on the planet. A huge part of your body functions by releasing specific drugs in your brain at a specific time. This is why chocolate makes you happy, chocolate is full of drugs that are called ingredients. And being a Belgian I know my "chocolate" ^^

Tobacco is much more harmful the smoking weed?
    By far, it's crazy right.

The Nicotine for starters, far more tar, and with the additives. Yeah, weed is cleaner, and far safer then Tobacco.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    you didn't figure that out by the topic of the thread, and during the time it took you to ask, what i meant obviously was any and all experiences that aren't exactly going to kill you outright on the first try.
    Thank you for affirming that arguements like that are indeed retarded and illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I think it's hard to argue marijuana with people in this thread because unlike them... I'm an advocate and know the ins and outs of marijuana at a biological scale... I know the 2 main chemicals in weed are CBD (Cannabinoids) and THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol)... CBD's give you the typical couch lock, munchies and body high... but they also reduce the rate at which cancer spreads and they slow down the process of memory loss diseases. THC is more of the actual drug affect that people do it for... It's related to the euphoria, mental highs... zoning out... detailed imagination etc... There are two types of plants, Indica which is CBD dominate and only has a flowering state of about 1-2 months... The other plant is Sativa which is THC dominant, but has a flowering state that can take as long as 3 months... which is why you're more likely to find an indica on the streets because it's quicker to grow and sell.

When you know the planet fairly well... it's hard to be scared of it, especially when the media tries to portray it as some devil drug. If something scares you, like weed did to me as a kid... you have to find the knowledge on your own and make your own decisions... I was told growing up that weed is horrible and that you can be addicted to it like alcohol... I believed them without questioning, until I decided to find the truth on my own... which is something people should do, not only for weed, but everything.
    Actually, the one bad part about weed, is that it usually can't be smoked without tobacco. The tobacco part makes it nasty.

just a FYI guys, some people actually CAN handle drugs. been using drugs for years, done all except heroin (wanna wait till I'm older with this one). I am not addicted to anything (except caffeine ;p)

make SURE you KNOW what you're taking, make sure you dose properly, OBEY HARM REDUCTION RULES (!!!) and you'll be fine.

no, really, you'll be fine.

not every drug user is a useless junkie with no teeth, you can use drugs regularly and have a perfectly normal life.

now, with that said, DRUGS ARE BAD.

OP, I don't really know what advice to give you. she probably WILL be trying shit, whether you like it or not. If you are really concerned, best you can do is educate yourself on drugs and keep and eye on her so
    she stays away from evil shit like crystal meth and heroin. And don't panic either, I know a lot of people that tried weed and will never touch it again - just not their thing.

P.S. I know some of you people don't like to be reminded but
    alcohol is a hard drug.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    17 is not a 'little baby'. She needs to make her own choices and mistakes. Tell her she's not make a good choice, but don't hound her on it.
    No. As 17 she's a kid and needs someone to make her realize the bad choices.

Really few people can see that by themseves at such age.