Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brolyowns View Post
    I moved away from home when i was 17 (Moved in with my girlfriend)
    5 years later i am still together with her (everything is awsome)
    I came home to visit my family together with gf, only to find that my little sister has begun experimenting with drugs.
    How should i handle this? she is still a little baby (jsut turned 17) and i am 22.
    - i am feeling sad -
    Found out while teasing her (am her big brother after all) by taking her phone to see if there was something in there i could use to tease her, only to find that her and her best friend were planning to ''smoke'' this new year.
    As another big brother, I can relate.

It's just weed, it can even be healthy for her social life. However, you have a strict responsibilty to explain her the possible dangers, you have to forbid her from getting high around men she doesn't know and trust, and you have to do it the most dominant way possible. I've seen too much shit, I know how ovulating girls react to weed and how they feel afterwards, you don't want your little girl to do something she will be extremely ashamed of later. They have to do mistakes, but not that kind of mistakes.

Also, you have to remind her that while weed and acid are usually harmless party drugs as long as she doesn't get attached too much, she must stay away from the hardcore ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    It's also legal to have sex with 14 year olds in some parts of the world. There's a reason for that, the laws are stupid and anyone with a shred of sense knows that.
    So you're saying both laws are stupid?
    Please stop comparing things like guns and paedophelia to smoking cannabis, it's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Then why is Tobacco on the Supermarket shelves?
    what is the meaning of life?

Quote Originally Posted by Brolyowns View Post
    I moved away from home when i was 17 (Moved in with my girlfriend)
    5 years later i am still together with her (everything is awsome)
    I came home to visit my family together with gf, only to find that my little sister has begun experimenting with drugs.
    How should i handle this? she is still a little baby (jsut turned 17) and i am 22.
    - i am feeling sad -
    Found out while teasing her (am her big brother after all) by taking her phone to see if there was something in there i could use to tease her, only to find that her and her best friend were planning to ''smoke'' this new year.
    She's going to smoke weed? Oh man. This is some heavy shit. Better call the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    You're asking me that? You'd be better asking our Gods then that.
    WTF are you blabbering about?

That is my point, a drugs far more harmful then weed are sitting right on Supermarket shelves. Yet, one with KNOWN benefits medically aren't. Yet, Weed is illegal is bad, but first we must question, why is it illegal, and when you break that barrier. Then you realize then entire system is fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkerz View Post
    So you're saying both laws are stupid?
    Please stop comparing things like guns and paedophelia to smoking cannabis, it's ridiculous.
    He wasn't, you just came late into an argument where anti-marijuana people had nothing else to argue other than the fact that weed is illegal and it's against the law to do it... he was merely implying there are a lot of stupid rules out there... Do you think it's morally right to allow people to have sex with 14 year olds? Apparently it's legal and that's all that matters to a couple of people... the law is their moral compass.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    I think the meaning of life is to enjoy it, however YOU want to, but ofc if it adversely affects someone else its probably best to pick a new enjoyment.

also procreation.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF are you blabbering about?

That is my point, a drugs far more harmful then weed are sitting right on Supermarket shelves. Yet, one with KNOWN benefits medically aren't. Yet, Weed is illegal is bad, but first we must question, why is it illegal, and when you break that barrier. Then you realize then entire system is fucked.
    Probably because of the sensationalization and I can't spell.

Put gnomes. That is the true meaning of all life!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

"let them make their own mistakes, dammit!" - this line is so friggin dumb, i cant even describe it in words...

you are basically saying that its okay for people do make the same mistake others have made before.. that they should NOT learn from those million examples of why drugs are bad..
    yeah right, you people are probably the first to be like "uhh another of example of stupid humans who make the same mistakes over and over" when some political debate is going on, huh? just how much hypocrisy can a human handle?

its important that people learn from past mistakes of other people, it doesnt matter if its drugs, war affairs, ecological choices, financial choices or whatever - its always the same issue wich each topic: dont repeat on the stupid mistakes of your ancestors!

now tell that girl that she is making a mistake and that she could end up ruining her life with this stuff asap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I think the meaning of life is to enjoy it, however YOU want to, but ofc if it adversely affects someone else its best to pick a new enjoyment.
    also procreation.
    In short: Sex, drugs and rock 'n roll

Again, it goes back pages if you want to read it, quit cherry picking posts. I lead him to question the validity of the illegal state of weed, with products like Cigs and Alcohol.

Failing to understand the point, doesn't negate the question.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go with the "weed will solve all the worlds problems" again. Heres a news flash IT CAN GET YOU ARRESTED. I dont care if its addictive or not or if it will make you into Mr. Universe getting busted for possesion or distribution affects your future. Try going to a job interview with that on your record when the guy who may be less qualified than you doesnt. Good luck in the current market.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Then why is Tobacco on the Supermarket shelves?
    Because tobacco and alcohol are socially accepted and other drugs are not (yet) in most countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    "let them make their own mistakes, dammit!" - this line is so friggin dumb, i cant even describe it in words...

you are basically saying that its okay for people do make the same mistake others have made before.. that they should NOT learn from those million examples of why drugs are bad..
    yeah right, you people are probably the first to be like "uhh another of example of stupid humans who make the same mistakes over and over" when some political debate is going on, huh? just how much hypocrisy can a human handle?

its important that people learn from past mistakes of other people, it doesnt matter if its drugs, war affairs, ecological choices, financial choices or whatever - its always the same issue wich each topic: dont repeat on the stupid mistakes of your ancestors!

now tell that girl that she is making a mistake and that she could end up ruining her life with this stuff asap!
    Yes, because it's much better to watch hypocritical politicians slander each other and manage to get nothing done... because youth can learn a lot from one side telling the other than drug prohibition doesn't work, then say there needs to be prohibition for guns... politics is nothing now... I wouldn't dare have my future children watch it... they'd become worse people.

Or she could just go out and celebrate new years with a joint and be perfectly fine.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    THC, the active ingredient in cannabis, has measured and proven links to nasty side-effects. Just because some legal drugs are worse doesn't mean you should just not give a shit about what cannabis can do to your own health. If you do believe that then dodging traffic during rush hour on a motorway is less dangerous than walking through Somalia while wearing a tu-tu with Rebecca Black blasting through a speaker strapped to your forehead.

Go have fun on the roads, you crazy logic people!

As for the OP; Taking your sisters phone and looking through it is the sort of stuff that would alienate any advice you could give. Assuming she doesn't know you are breaching her privacy in such a manner, the main risk for her, in my opinion, is that users of softcore drugs often get to know users of hardcore drugs, as hardcore users will use cannabis or be the ones selling it, more than likely.

I don't think you can do much to curb her curiosity, but you could do more to prevent her from going deeper in to the drug use culture through the people well and truly trapped within it. The less she is exposed to that, the less likely curiosity and selective truth from those hard drug users will drive her curiosity on to very wrong stuff.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2012-12-30 at 08:11 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    We're not attacking Dabrix's statement because we think weed is addictive, it's not. We're attacking it because he seems to think addiction itself doesn't exist. Go ahead, tell me that smoking cigs and drinking alcohol isn't addictive.

Also, why does your friend having a bachelors in engineering have anything to do with this?
    The guy insinuating that the poster couldn't possibly be in the medical field based on his beliefs in addiction is what my very smart friend has to do with it.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Yes, because it's much better to watch hypocritical politicians slander each other and manage to get nothing done... because youth can learn a lot from one side telling the other than drug prohibition doesn't work, then say there needs to be prohibition for guns... politics is nothing now... I wouldn't dare have my future children watch it... they'd become worse people.

Or she could just go out and celebrate new years with a joint and be perfectly fine.

How do you know she watchs it and believes in it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted

Humanity should learn of mistakes made in the history. Making mistakes is part of being a human and growing up, making mistakes can be fun and hilarious, the world would be terribly boring if individuals didn't make mistakes every once and while. Humankind is still growing up, but its a slow learner, thats why we still have religion.

Also:

=
    this line is so friggin dumb, i cant even describe it in words...
    Don't judge hater xD
    Last edited by mmoc013aca8632; 2012-12-30 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Probably because of the sensationalization and I can't spell.

Put gnomes. That is the true meaning of all life!
    Just quit posting, you have run out of steam with your pointless banter. You have no argument and have been posting tripe just to argue.

Fact is, Drugs are a personal choice. Choices much worse then smoking a little weed can be made. Know the person before you pick that battle.