Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Don't have anything to back up that cigs are less harmful (cba to find one) but here's one for alcohol: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2331779.html

Again "Study shows" not actual proof, just a small study and its results. You can drag these "study's" from everywhere there's loads of them not there's none been done on a large enough scale to provide incontrovertible proof of its findings.

And for my own opinion I think tighter limits should be set on alcohol, tobacco or anything that effects your mental state outside of a legal prescription by a doctor, and they should be enforced especially when it involves driving or control of vehicles.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    At most OP I think you should let your parents handle this and not you. Going through her stuff...is...not really a good trait for a big brother who looks out for their sibling. I would just wait until she comes to you or talks to you about it then voice your opinion.

That's about it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    None of those things are intoxicating or disabling, unlike marijuana.
    the only really bad effect of weed if you're addicted is when you're a teenager smoking everyday

if you're old enough the "bad" effects of it disappear after few months
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Calling people out by telling them they are WRONG BECAUSE IT'S ILLEGAL. When asked of the validity of said illegal status, you said "not my problem". Thus it devalues your WRONG BECAUSE ILLEGAL statement.

I never said you would never take the responsibility of said illegal actions. Neither has anyone else here with Pot.

I make you want to call me a moron. How can words make you do anything? If you want to call me a moron, do so. I ain't a child I can take it.
    Really its not upto anyone on these boards to justify the validity of any law in any country ..... the fact its illegal and by carrying out said activity your breaking the law is enough of a point. To point this out is a valid argument by itself and he needs no other justification. If you choose to ignore the law and carry on the activity that's down to your judgement or lack of, but the point remains. Whether it should be illegal or not is your opinion and yours only and also bares no relevance.
    Last edited by Shakari; 2012-12-30 at 09:39 PM.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

For the people who are saying "It's just pot, don't stress", I cannot disagree with that more. I used to be a HEAVY drug user and it all started when one day before I left for university, a few friends and I were smoking and realized we were running low. So what to do next? We called our dealer of course. We dropped by her house and after grabbing the weed she asked if that's all we wanted. A friend being curious asked what she had and meant, so she told us and showed us mushrooms, LSD, MDMA Ex, pills of multiple sorts, etc. I having just gotten paid decided why not give it a shot? We were going to be fucked up all night on weed and alcohol anyway, so I bought us all a couple hits of acid each.

Now, that may be a boring story of moving from one drug to another, but it absolutely started because I was already smoking and drinking (YES, DRINKING. ALCOHOL IS JUST AS TO BLAME AS THE MARIJUANA). Long story short, I spent most my university years tripping balls, rolling on weekends, and smoking more and more expensive weed as my desire to become higher kept growing. Same thing as in video games, you aren't going to play on easy for your entire career of gaming, you're going to step up the difficulty.

That aside, I've been clean for about 5 years and couldn't be happier. I still drink on occasion (Hell my sister in law just got me a few bottles of this amazing cinnamon whiskey. I -love- it), but I'll never touch anything else again. It almost ruined my school years which would have in turn ruined my life.

Edit - I suppose I should mention why I quit huh? I had the same girlfriend through most of High School and Uni, until I decided to start ditching her, or when I did go see her, I was trippin balls. She ended up leaving me because of it and since we were together so long, most of our friends were mutual and decided to drop me as well. All I had left were drug buddies, not friends. I had no one to go play Magic with, I had no one to spend all night playing Rockband, the days of LANing Starcraft and the sorts were over. That hit me REALLY hard. After the realization set in, I seeked help, cleaned up, and now I have my nerdy friends back and life is grand.
    Last edited by Boathouse; 2012-12-30 at 09:42 PM.
    Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Again "Study shows" not actual proof, just a small study and its results. You can drag these "study's" from everywhere there's loads of them not there's none been done on a large enough scale to provide incontrovertible proof of its findings.

And for my own opinion I think tighter limits should be set on alcohol, tobacco or anything that effects your mental state outside of a legal prescription by a doctor, and they should be enforced especially when it involves driving or control of vehicles.
    Right. It's impossible to conduct such a study when it's federally illegal, so not really sure what you're looking for here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brolyowns View Post
    How should i handle this? she is still a little baby (jsut turned 17) and i am 22.

Were you a baby when you moved out to live with your girlfriend? Hypocrite, let her live her life.

If it is just weed I wouldn't worry too much. Marijuana has never killed anyone before. I would actually be more worried about the type of people she is hanging out with.

However if she is doing hard drugs or pills I would try to do something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azeroth of course. but occationly found in a laudery basket or hiding under the couch.
    Autism, ADD, ADHD and Marijuana Therapy (news - 2008)
    http://www.entheology.org/edoto/anmviewer.asp?a=319

Cannabinoid receptors in brain: pharmacogenetics, neuropharmacology, neurotoxicology,
    and potential therapeutic applications (abst – 2009) http://pharmgkb.org/pmid/19897083

Why I Give My 9-year-old Pot (anecdotal/news - 2009)
    http://www.doublex.com/section/healt...9-year-old-pot

Why I Give My 9-Year-Old Pot, Part II (news/anecdotal - 2009)
    http://www.doublex.com/section/healt...ld-pot-part-ii

Why I Give My 9-Year-Old Pot, Part 3 (news - 2010) http://www.slate.com/id/2251174/

just a few things in this list right here:

http://www.letfreedomgrow.com/cmu/Gr...istJan2012.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    While that site does link lots of "findings suggest evidence off", Or it states basically there is not enough evidence to give solid results and lots of study result none of it is proof, just findings of a small studies and information takes from those findings none of it is conclusive.
    You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of how science works. Scientists do not speak in absolutes. They speak in "Here is what our research showed..." If that isn't good enough for you, then you can have fun trying to replace the scientific method with something you think works better. Me, I'll be here in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    100% of all drug abusers have had water in their life too.
    All drug abusers had water, but not all water drinkers are drug abusers.
    Most drug abusers started out with weed, and all weed abusers are drug abusers.

Maybe that doesn't make sense to you after smoking all that weed in your young years

Weed in itself isn't always more dangerous than alcohol or cigarettes even though it can, first time trying it without smoking more than you "should", cause a psychosis you may never recover from. Although unlikely the possibility exists. It's also commonly known to be a gateway drug to heavier drugs, something most recovered drug abusers can vouch for so I don't see why you weed liberals even try to defend weed in that aspect.

A major difference between weed and alcohol is that our body can handle a certain amount of alcohol without permanent damage even while young (teenager), while young weed smokers, according to studies (source, and source), risk irreversible damage to their intelligence, attention and memory. This has not been shown to the same extent by adults using any kind of cannabis based drug.

While smoking a little weed is in itself most of the time harmless, not everyone can handle it. Whether it's legal or not I couldn't care less about, knowing the possible effects is far more important.

Deleted
    Ahhh the good ol' drugs debate on MMOChamp; where kids and the wrongfully educated come to bicker about subjects they actually know nothing about.

Truth is... drugs are bad, but so is drinking soda, eating poorly produced food, working stressful jobs etc. etc.

90% of people against drugs just haven't taken them due to the media that spouts out propaganda against them, you ain't ever gonna change someones mind. If people are curious then let them experiment, most drug users are actually healthy and know their limits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    You know, I agree. This is why I don't have a problem when my 7 year old nephew hits his 6 year old sister with a bat. He could be hitting her with a car instead for god's sake!
    I've seen some pretty asinine arguments against pot, but this ranks pretty high up there.

Marijuana is not disabling, and aspirin can kill you if you take too much, as well as interact negatively with other drugs. For example, I have to get an endoscopy next month and I can't take aspirin for a week beforehand because it could greatly increase the chance that the endoscope will perforate my esophagus and kill me. For someone with a blood thinning disorder, aspirin is a very dangerous drug. Are you saying sex isn't intoxicating?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    Ahhh the good ol' drugs debate on MMOChamp; where kids and the wrongfully educated come to bicker about subjects they actually know nothing about.

Truth is... drugs are bad, but so is drinking soda, eating poorly produced food, working stressful jobs etc. etc.

90% of people against drugs just haven't taken them due to the media that spouts out propaganda against them, you ain't ever gonna change someones mind. If people are curious then let them experiment, most drug users are actually healthy and know their limits.
    I was wondering when the abject condescension would make its appearance. What you say might be true about marijuana, to an extent though its particular effects make it a drug that I shall never try for myself, but it is far from the only street drug out there. Are you saying that people who don't want to try krokodil are naught but ignorant? That there is absolutely no objectivity in anyone's decision not to use drugs?

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 11:04 PM ----------

Greasy food, sugar, and potato chips can all be very disabling, if consumed in the wrong amount. Aspirin is a drug that is touted as being safe when it is in reality one of the most dangerous over the counter medications out there.

You can use so much marijuana that you're physically disabled for a short period of time. Mind, the equivalent amount of alcohol would probably kill you but, its legal so its ok right?

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    All drug abusers had water, but not all water drinkers are drug abusers.
    Most drug abusers started out with weed, and all weed abusers are drug abusers.
    Most people use drugs, and the epidemic of prescription drug abuse proves your point terribly false.

Maybe that doesn't make sense to you after smoking all that weed in your young years

Weed in itself isn't always more dangerous than alcohol or cigarettes even though it can, first time trying it without smoking more than you "should", cause a psychosis you may never recover from. Although unlikely the possibility exists. It's also commonly known to be a gateway drug to heavier drugs, something most recovered drug abusers can vouch for so I don't see why you weed liberals even try to defend weed in that aspect.
    You are wrong on both counts. There is no risk of weed psychosis, and the gateway drug nonsense has been proven false repeatedly.

[QUOTE}A major difference between weed and alcohol is that our body can handle a certain amount of alcohol without permanent damage even while young (teenager), while young weed smokers, according to studies (source, and source), risk irreversible damage to their intelligence, attention and memory. This has not been shown to the same extent by adults using any kind of cannabis based drug.[/QUOTE]

IQ is a worthless gauge of nothing, and nobody takes it seriously. That second study makes no mention of the amount of marijuana used. If someone gets thrashed on alcohol every day, they will be in way worse shape than minor cognitive decline.

While smoking a little weed is in itself most of the time harmless, not everyone can handle it. Whether it's legal or not I couldn't care less about, knowing the possible effects is far more important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly unless your parents are willing to get involved (like, be actual parents and stop one living under their roof from making incredibly stupid decisions), then there is nothing you can do to prevent your sister being so self destructively foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    For the people who are saying "It's just pot, don't stress", I cannot disagree with that more. I used to be a HEAVY drug user and it all started when one day before I left for university, a few friends and I were smoking and realized we were running low. So what to do next? We called our dealer of course. We dropped by her house and after grabbing the weed she asked if that's all we wanted. A friend being curious asked what she had and meant, so she told us and showed us mushrooms, LSD, MDMA Ex, pills of multiple sorts, etc. I having just gotten paid decided why not give it a shot? We were going to be fucked up all night on weed and alcohol anyway, so I bought us all a couple hits of acid each.
    Shhhhhhh, the liberals say you don’t exist .
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Sadly unless your parents are willing to get involved (like, be actual parents and stop one living under their roof from making incredibly stupid decisions), then there is nothing you can do to prevent your sister being so self destructively foolish.

Shhhhhhh, the liberals say you don’t exist .

Shhhhh, the conservatives are busy trying to figure out how to have a "small government" tell people what to do with their own bodies on their own property.

Greasy food is, look at obesity rates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I was wondering when the abject condescension would make its appearance. What you say might be true about marijuana, to an extent though its particular effects make it a drug that I shall never try for myself, but it is far from the only street drug out there. Are you saying that people who don't want to try krokodil are naught but ignorant? That there is absolutely no objectivity in anyone's decision not to use drugs?
    Ahh you see there are people who just don't want to try drugs, not because of media attention or negative stories but because it doesn't interest them. 9/10 these people are still quite drug tolerant though, they don't mind them and they are happy to let other people take them and enjoy themselves. Those people are at least honest and I respect that. It's the whole drugs are bad because x, y and z crew that generally are arguing a point that much scientific literature will either dismiss completely or is blown out of proportion i.e. MDMA makes wholes in your brain (when actually it doesn't, the images released with that campaign were of depleted serotonin in the brain that regenerates in a few days).

As for things that are obscure or strong e.g. Krokodil (a drug only really seen in a junkie population in Eastern Europe), heroin, crack, PCP etc. are not exactly easy to come by. Hell I go out clubbing every weekend and do work for nights in underground clubs where drugs are rife, even if I asked dealers who I know sell hundreds of pills, coke, ket, acid, 2CB etc. I would be VERY hard pressed to find any sort of person who even knows a dealer for the highly addictive and heavy drugs out there. They simply aren't easy to come by for a reason, it's just common sense not to take it. Though as a side note, there are a shit load of people out there who take things like heroin and lead a normal life, just because junkies get all the attention and others are reluctant to admit they take them, doesn't mean they don't.