Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Haha, you're getting fooled my friend

You hear from the people with i5 2500k and their 560 ti getting 60 fps all over the place.. It's a huge lie, don't believe them.
    It's not a lie I ran it with my old 460's perfect at 1080... Ok it dropped slightly when loading some areas that's about it. OP should be more than maxing this game out no problem it's not as demanding as people seem to think

Added: What screen res are you using btw? dual/triple setup?
    Last edited by mmoc8d9a66b0a0; 2012-12-30 at 07:25 PM.

When I played GW2 at launch, I was getting 50-60 FPS all ultra1920x1080 in the starting zone(don't remember name) and same in the city(it was the snowy place with the Ice worm as the first quest basically). I was hitting 100% GPU Usage and CPU was reaching the limit(60% usage over all 4 cores -> 2 cores fully utilized). Not sure if they fucked up something with the post-launch patches, haven't touched it since first week.

It sounds like you have a badly optimized system for GW2, try reinstalling drivers and installing GW2 on a different SSD/HDD. Also you downgraded your CPU, i5-2500k @ 4.5GHz should beat i5-3570k @ 4.1GHz easily, difference at same clocks is only a few % along with IB having worse temperatures when OC'd.

i5-2500k @ 4.3GHz
    ASUS GTX 580 DirectCU II
    Kingston HyperX 1333MHz 2x 4GB
    ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    It's not a lie I ran it with my old 460's perfect at 1080... Ok it dropped slightly when loading some areas that's about it. OP should be more than maxing this game out no problem it's not as demanding as people seem to think

Added: What screen res are you using btw? dual/triple setup?
    I can also confirm that it is not a lie, I own a GeForce 670 and a 2500k that is currently overclocked at 4ghz and my FPS is indeed 60+ in 25man raid (which is pretty much the worst case scenario) but it does go slightly lower than 60 fps during some boss fights where there is a lot of spell effects.

As for the dual or triple setup, good point there, GeForce cards aren't that great in multiple monitors setups (Radeons are better for that kind of stuff) so make sure you use one monitor just for the sake of testing simply because adding a second monitor can half your frame rate on a GeForce card, unfortunately.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Warrax View Post
    I can also confirm that it is not a lie, I own a GeForce 670 and a 2500k that is currently overclocked at 4ghz and my FPS is indeed 60+ in 25man raid (which is pretty much the worst case scenario) but it does go slightly lower than 60 fps during some boss fights where there is a lot of spell effects.

As for the dual or triple setup, good point there, GeForce cards aren't that great in multiple monitors setups (Radeons are better for that kind of stuff) so make sure you use one monitor just for the sake of testing simply because adding a second monitor can half your frame rate on a GeForce card, unfortunately.
    I think you've got the wrong game. There's no raids in GW2 AFAIK.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    I think you've got the wrong game. There's no raids in GW2 AFAIK.
    See posts #9 and #21 :P we're all talking about WoW.
    Last edited by Warrax; 2012-12-30 at 08:17 PM.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Deleted
    @Wombinator, Looking through your started forum topics you seem to have A LOT of issues with your PC/internet etc. some could (no offense) be avoided with a little bit of research. Remember this thread? and the few posts below.

Whatever vendors you use most love you though

I don't say this to be mean but if you use the site for advice why not use it? (BEFORE you go throw money at something)

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    OP, if you have an 120hz/1440p screen keep the 690. If you have a 1080p 60hz screen, replace it with a GTX 670. Do not upgrade from an i5 2500k to an i5 3570k, that would be close to useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is the cooling in that setup? Beef up the power in a case with poor air circulation and you just increase the effect heat will have on your system overall, as more powerful components are going to produce more heat.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nobody noticed he said that was getting worse results with a GTX 690 over a GTX670 ? In my opinion it's just a PSU issue, have you tried another PSU?

Just finished the memtest and got no errors. Going to run prime95 and see what it says.

A single gtx690? There's your problem, they only work well with in 3-way SLI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monitor size? Fps in BF3 with everything maxed?

And lol at the dude above saying he get 132 fps at maxed, no you are not -.- Don't confuse the op
    Last edited by Toffie; 2012-12-30 at 09:14 PM.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmage View Post
    A single gtx690? There's your problem, they only work well with in 3-way SLI.
    You... you can do more than 2 SLI a GTX 690? I was not aware of being able to triple SLI and GTX 690.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    You... you can do more than 2 SLI a GTX 690? I was not aware of being able to triple SLI and GTX 690.
    maybe even quad? xD (in essence that would mean an octo-sli of 680's? xD speaking of overkill)
    nvm just checked and SLI 690's is the max that is officially supported. (still that equals 4 680's!!!!)

HD 7970
    i5-3570k 4.2ghz
    8 gigs of ram
    asrock z77 xtreme 4 MB

I get 45-70 fps in MoP Zones. 40-60 FPS in raids and about 60ish fps in ORG on max, I have AA at 4x instead of 8x
    On BF3 I get 40-80 FPS with Ultra settings.
    GW2 I got low FPS in Lion's Arch just like you but that is NORMAL. When there is a lot of stuff going around in a MMO you will experience frame drops like that. In Open zones I get 45+ FPS though.

You never mentioned RAM maybe it's your ram?

Do not worry about GW2 it is heavily CPU dependent.

What was your FPS in BF3? Try to enable vysnc in these games that might help your problems.
    Last edited by dezzick; 2012-12-31 at 02:44 AM.

Do we know what res he is playing at? SLI is just a crap shoot but 670 could choke under 1440+, if he is pissing money away left and right I'd assume he has a decent monitor. Does he know what resolution his friends play on? In a pact city Cyanotical showed us what 35~ fps from WoW in a pact region?

Assuming completely your on a 1920x1080 monitor and not getting acceptable frames w/ all hardware obviously working or you are the unluckiest sob ever then I'd have to say its a software problem which would lead me to USER ERROR being the culprit. Otherwise there is something seriously wrong w/ the TV.Monitor.Cable etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Do we know what res he is playing at? SLI is just a crap shoot but 670 could choke under 1440+, if he is pissing money away left and right I'd assume he has a decent monitor. Does he know what resolution his friends play on? In a pact city Cyanotical showed us what 35~ fps from WoW in a pact region?

Assuming completely your on a 1920x1080 monitor and not getting acceptable frames w/ all hardware obviously working or you are the unluckiest sob ever then I'd have to say its a software problem which would lead me to USER ERROR being the culprit. Otherwise there is something seriously wrong w/ the TV.Monitor.Cable etc.
    I'm running at 1920x1080 with a 120hz monitor. So getting over 60 fps is pretty much a requirement for me. Even 80fps isn't enough for me, it still looks terrible.
    The perfect spot is 100fps, but it's only possible to get that when I'm not in group situations like raids.
    I wish it was a problem on my end, it probably is but I don't know and no one else does(so far at least).

The difference between 60fps and 120fps in MMO's is really small. How can 80FPS be terrible?
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I'm running at 1920x1080 with a 120hz monitor. So getting over 60 fps is pretty much a requirement for me. Even 80fps isn't enough for me, it still looks terrible.
    The perfect spot is 100fps, but it's only possible to get that when I'm not in group situations like raids.
    I wish it was a problem on my end, it probably is but I don't know and no one else does(so far at least).
    it is not a hardware issue it mere unoptimized game engines which aren't really intended to run that high above 60 fps. (mmo's are limited by CPU mostly but what you are after setting wise isn't achievable unless you get some hexa-core cpu clocked around 6.0 Mhz so to speak aka it does not excist )

I'm running a 3570k 4.5ghz and a 660ti, with everything turned up in gw2 I get about 40fps in lion's arch, this is on one of the full servers. So I'm doubting people are getting 60+ fps in lion's arch..at least not in the center anyways. 20-35 does seem low...but maybe not depending on when the numbers are gotten. During prime time hours that could be the average....maybe.
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

10+ Year Old Account
    This generation is way too obsessed with freaking numbers. If the game remains playable then wtf are you on about. Who needs 60+fps in a town centre. You wont die in a townsquare because you lacked the 4fps difference required to surive now will you.

My GPU and CPU are always at full load(or whatever load the game actually uses). And my temps are low. CPU temps are always under 50c and GPU temps are never above 60c.
    I find it hard to believe you get 99% cpu/gpu load all the time, because that would mean in the townquare you'd have gotten a fps increase when you swapped to the 690. Besides, they can't be both at full load, it's one or the other..That means you're not reading the utilities properly and need to work on that first, before you go making decisions on what hardware needs replacing on not.

BS. Visual aesthetics are not negatively impacted by having fps BELOW your monitor refreshrate. Only when you go OVER it do you get tearing.

Without trolling, i think you're terribly spoiled and just need to get over the fact that some games (Especially MMO's) don't always run silky smooth 60/120fps. My god if PC-gamers in the start were like this we'd have never gotten arround to playing games on it. Performance on the PC has only improved, not gotten worse. And it's because of this the newer generation is terribly spoiled by the AAA-singleplayer performance, without giving thought that this might not work with 100 non-scripted players running arround the same area.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2012-12-31 at 04:13 PM.