Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[Manga/Anime] Fairy Tail - Possible Spoilers

Possible Spoilers

So, i'm weird when it comes to anime. I find it very hard to enjoy most of it, though the ones i have fully watched i enjoyed (DBZ, Bleach, Death note, Naruto, FMA Brotherhood).

I was recomended Fairy Tail a while ago and i looked it up online and it didn't look like something i'd enjoy. But i started watching it the other day when a friend said he started too, i've really got into it. Been watching it constantly for the last couple of days, it's awesome!

I have a few problems with it, but overall it's great and everyone should look into it if they haven't already.

So anyways, thought i'd create a little thread as a discussion or w.e :P

I've just started the Tower of Heaven Arc and i'm hoping it'll be good, i'm sure it will :P

Also, normally i hate the little annoying pets, but Happy is awesome! I think it's the sarcastic comments that make him pro!
    Last edited by Solidito; 2013-05-10 at 04:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I have a somewhat similar Anime viewing history to you, and it was suggested to me to watch Fairy Tail. Definitely didn't regret it, a lot of the episodes have me giggling like an idiot.

The censorship in the anime compared to the manga pisses me off to no end. When Gray grasped Erza's blade in the manga his hand bled. In the anime, they don't appear to have blood because he grasps it and nothing happens. It's problematic because blood is significant to the story, but the anime pretends it doesn't exist. That aside, however, it's pretty good; the music is probably the best thing about it - it's too bad I'm musically talentless, 'cause I'd love to play the main theme on my ocarina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the music is really good, the fighting music is so cool.

I find myself actually laughing in some of the filler episodes too, which is something i don't often find funny.

Been watching it since sometime around March-April I think, fully caught up in both the Anime and the Manga, been loving both though a lot of the OVA's seem to be strictly fan service episodes(which may or may not be an issue depending on who you ask).

I...read the manga. Lol I guess we can't discuss anything then since you're so far behind.

Deleted
    I've been watching it for the past few days like 1 episode after another.It really is kinda annoying not to see any blood and serious wounds but overall its a really awesome anime

Deleted
    i watched the anime ran out of episodes read the manga, now i read and watch both each week

Deleted
    I started just like the OP, friend had watched like ~20 episodes already and raved over how good this anime was I don't regret checking this out, watched about 20 episodes in a row and was eagerly waiting for the next week's episode

Now I'm watching + reading the anime and manga every week.

And for the OP, in my opinion, the best fight in the series is on that ark So it's freaking awesome!

EDIT: And OP, please tell me you're watching this in the original Japanese audio, right? If not, sonimdissapoint.jpg :S
    Last edited by mmocd5a07d78b9; 2012-12-31 at 08:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyOne View Post
    The censorship in the anime compared to the manga pisses me off to no end. When Gray grasped Erza's blade in the manga his hand bled. In the anime, they don't appear to have blood because he grasps it and nothing happens. It's problematic because blood is significant to the story, but the anime pretends it doesn't exist. That aside, however, it's pretty good; the music is probably the best thing about it - it's too bad I'm musically talentless, 'cause I'd love to play the main theme on my ocarina.
    Oh god, this. To me, the two biggest examples were in the Tenrou Island arc, first when Gajeel "grabs" the sword, the other was the finishing blow of Erza's fight.

Also, OP, please hurry. I'd like to discuss Fairy Tail, but I also don't want to spoil anything.

Another anime I was recommended and I rather enjoyed was Gintama. Never before have I laughed so hard at an anime. It's ridiculous and awesome all at once.
    Do agree though, Fairy Tail Manga is better than the anime.

Ya its a good show, would like to know if there is any Eta on season 2 english dub, I heard it was licensed but seems to be little other info

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Oh god, this. To me, the two biggest examples were in the Tenrou Island arc, first when Gajeel "grabs" the sword, the other was the finishing blow of Erza's fight.

Also, OP, please hurry. I'd like to discuss Fairy Tail, but I also don't want to spoil anything.
    I'd add Gray's Blood Ice-Make when he fought Ultear. He slashes his abdomen but instead of blood, a white liquid with a purple outline spills everywhere... but the ice was still red! Why!? What's the point? Not only that, but when the ice shatters it melts into a red outlined white liquid. The whole point was that it was his own blood! It's just so damned silly and serves only to lessen a badarse moment.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Ya its a good show, would like to know if there is any Eta on season 2 english dub, I heard it was licensed but seems to be little other info
    Eww...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's decent for a mainstream show. I generally dislike any anime that goes on for more than 50 episodes, though; the lack of finality is a bit grating.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post

Oh go ahead, i've already read ahead and spoiled quite a few things for myself. Spoilers are allowed by all means

And yeah i'm listening to the japanese version with subs.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2012-12-31 at 04:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I marathoned FT in 3 days on summer break lol... Now I patiently wait for a new ep every saturday.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like both the anime and the manga both have their plusses and minuses.

Im hoping the anime will actualy show erza her 100 monster challenge, manga showed almost nothing.

The tower of heaven arc is great you won't be disapointed.

Deleted
    Anime censorship is a small but a problem none the less in todays anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    It's decent for a mainstream show. I generally dislike any anime that goes on for more than 50 episodes, though; the lack of finality is a bit grating.
    The longer a good Anime runs the more you become attached to its characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    The longer a good Anime runs the more you become attached to its characters.
    It's a matter of perspective, I suppose. I generally get detached and disinterested with even good animes when they go on long enough; if it spins on and on, there is no crisis, no urgency. Progress is minimal and arbitrary. And a very good writer is going to be able to make characters that you feel for in a short amount of time, without needing 200+ episodes to get you to care.

Case and point, Angel Beats.