Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Persecuted by outsiders not natives.
    Which makes the argument even funnier.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Persecuted by outsiders not natives.
    Oh, woe is unto us persecuted Americans!

There's literally nothing, ever, that's easier than being born as an American in the late 20th century.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

There's literally nothing, ever, that's easier than being born as an American in the late 20th century.
    Nope i agree, but thats why we get bashed. You want what we have and your jealous. So you pile on the hate out of pure jealousy.

Nope i agree, but thats why we get bashed. You want what we have and your jealous. So you pile on the hate out of pure jealousy.
    I'm American. You're making a painfully stupid argument and I'm calling it as such, not showing how jelly I am.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd amend this slightly to say certain European states are slightly easier but the point is incredibly valid nonetheless.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

I'm American. You're making a painfully stupid argument and I'm calling it as such, not showing how jelly I am.
    Yes but its not woe is me. Its whats the.big deal? We were not the last genocide as people call it. We took land from a weaker country juwt kike the rest of history. Times have changed since the world wars and this all happened before them. If it were still continueing i could see people bringing it up but its not. Reperations are a nee thing and totally useless in this time frame. My family owned slaves and if one of those slaves were alive id pay them. They arent though people lost deal with it. Join society you have no other choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I swear that video should be classed as comedy, you couldnt make that shit up.
    I like when he tells the officer he knows about common law and he says that Canada isn't different from America, noting that it isn't like Iraq or anything, and the officer responds with "really?!" in a serious manner.

Gotta get those Canuck terrorists!

Fair point, but you misunderstood my point. Im just pointing out the hypocracy of what we deem as hate. Its ok to hate the majority or the religous, but if you try and make the point that its hate by a minority your considered a bigot or a racist for attacking the attacker.
    That is true but how it comes off also is a problem. It is like hearing white males complain about being discriminated against but when you look around they are still the ones that hold most of the power. It causes you come off as seeming a bigot or racist for stating on a personal level you and even the people around you are having problems because you are a white male no matter how true it may be. But as a minority you will alway face the same thing being called an "Uncle Tom" or race traitor for pointing out the same hate within your own group.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    I'd amend this slightly to say certain European states are slightly easier but the point is incredibly valid nonetheless.
    Finding a job easily in the US or UK in today's market, yeah right....

Yes but its not woe is me. Its whats the.big deal? We were not the last genocide as people call it. We took land from a weaker country juwt kike the rest of history. Times have changed since the world wars and this all happened before them. If it were still continueing i could see people bringing it up but its not. Reperations are a nee thing and totally useless in this time frame. My family owned slaves and if one of those slaves were alive id pay them. They arent though people lost deal with it. Join society you have no other choice.
    see when you try to excuse and justify genocide, thats where the problem lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    I like when he tells the officer he knows about common law and he says that Canada isn't different from America, noting that it isn't like Iraq or anything, and the officer responds with "really?!" in a serious manner.

Gotta get those Canuck terrorists!
    Everyone's a potential terrorist. Everyone. Doesn't matter if you're an olympic gold medal winning, sports personality superstar of the year, and you are carrying around your medals as proof.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...t-8433440.html

Those gold medals could be bombs! American officials are seriously paranoid.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2012-12-31 at 06:21 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarus View Post
    I've really been getting annoyed at the "'MERIKUNS KILT TEH INDIANS SO EVIL". Of course we did, it's Conquest.

The people of that time were trying to get away from the oppression of the King, and I hear this come up all the time, "Why did they oppress the Indians then?"

Conquest.

I never see anyone who attacks America with "Indians guise" who also says, "Boston Massacre."

It's conquest, it's happened all throughout history, Mongols, Romans, French.

What is seriously the big deal with it? They did it a long time ago, stop persecuting us in the modern era. :|
    There's probably been someone bringing this up already, but in case not, here goes:

The reasons why the Native genocide in the US is still an issue is several:

1) The "conquest" was done in an extremely horrible way, including the murder of scores of non-combatants, biological warfare and other war crimes. These issues have never been adequatedly adressed since.
    2) Numerous agreements were broken, no attempt has been made to correct this from the US government side.
    3) Few attempts have been made to improve the abysmal suicide, drugabuse, alcohol abuse and poverty numbers seen on reservations.
    4) Few instances of returning the land to the original owners have occured, despite much of the land in question being on government hands rather than privately owned.
    5) Sites sacred to the native americans continue to be overrun by tourists. Ask yourself how people would feel if a bunch of tourists came stomping into a church while the church service was happening.
    6) "They lived there first, 2000 years ago" is an arguement frequently used by many Americans in support of the Israeli when discussing the Israel-Palestina conflict. The hypocracy of such a statement is beyond nauseating.

These reasons, and more, is the background of why the Native American conquest / genocide will continue to be an issue until the issue is adressed. The fact that similar things have happened elsewhere does NOT change this, it just makes it even more sad how a nation that presents itself as a beacon of democracy, freedom and civil rights continue to avoid their responsibility towards the native people of their land.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Everyones a potential terrorist. Everyone. Doesn't matter if you're an olympic gold medal winning sports personality superstar of the year and you are carrying around your medals as proof.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...t-8433440.html

Those gold medals could be bombs! American officials are seriously paranoid.
    First time I went to Canada they detained me for an hour while going in and while going out, without telling me why. To be fair though the Canadian border guards weren't pushy and didn't check my car for bombs. They just looked inside and let me go. They even struck up a conversation with me.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    There's probably been someone bringing this up already, but in case not, here goes:

The reasons why the Native genocide in the US is still an issue is several:

1) The "conquest" was done in an extremely horrible way, including the murder of scores of non-combatants, biological warfare and other war crimes. These issues have never been adequatedly adressed since.
    2) Numerous agreements were broken, no attempt has been made to correct this from the US government side.
    3) Few attempts have been made to improve the abysmal suicide, drugabuse, alcohol abuse and poverty numbers seen on reservations.
    4) Few instances of returning the land to the original owners have occured, despite much of the land in question being on government hands rather than privately owned.
    5) Sites sacred to the native americans continue to be overrun by tourists. Ask yourself how people would feel if a bunch of tourists came stomping into a church while the church service was happening.
    6) "They lived there first, 2000 years ago" is an arguement frequently used by many Americans in support of the Israeli when discussing the Israel-Palestina conflict. The hypocracy of such a statement is beyond nauseating.

These reasons, and more, is the background of why the Native American conquest / genocide will continue to be an issue until the issue is adressed. The fact that similar things have happened elsewhere does NOT change this, it just makes it even more sad how a nation that presents itself as a beacon of democracy, freedom and civil rights continue to avoid their responsibility towards the native people of their land.
    What do you expect America does? Sure the natives can be treated better today but it's not like anyone is still oppressing them. It's comparable to the situation in the inner cities. The people there share responsibility too.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you expect America does? Sure the natives can be treated better today but it's not like anyone is still oppressing them. It's comparable to the situation in the inner cities. The people there share responsibility too.
    I expect them to accept their responsibility in how the situation is today, ensure high-level education, medical assistance, development programs and start returning what land they can to the original owners. Is the responsibility theirs alone? No. But the continuous oppression of the Native peoples (which does continue to this day many places) means that the greatest part of the responsibility lies with the US government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finding a job easily in the US or UK in today's market, yeah right....
    Like Spectral and I said, if this is the extent of our worries we have the easiest existence of all time.

10+ Year Old Account
    America's government has had a history of aggressiveness and bullying and that can't be ascribed to the populace. It is now a police state that seeks to oppress its own people, and I say this as an American. Soon it will descend into tyranny.

I'm an American and that made me sick to my stomach. Did the man do the things the officers said he did? Yes. However, it was all done with the air of throwing around the weight of American "superiority". Those officers were never in danger from that guy and they knew it. They didn't like that he didn't sit, stay, and play dead when he was asked to. While I am glad that our country is actually checking people, this particular check was an exercise in being a massive dick. Police state indeed. Our Constitution is becoming worth less than the paper it was written on if I had wiped my ass with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakrin View Post
    I'm an American and that made me sick to my stomach. Did the man do the things the officers said he did? Yes. However, it was all done with the air of throwing around the weight of American "superiority". Those officers were never in danger from that guy and they knew it. They didn't like that he didn't sit, stay, and play dead when he was asked to. While I am glad that our country is actually checking people, this particular check was an exercise in being a massive dick. Police state indeed. Our Constitution is becoming worth less than the paper it was written on if I had wiped my ass with it.
    I thought I heard a few cuts in audio there. It's quite possible the guy in question was behaving like a total dick to the officers and just cut those parts out. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I thought I heard a few cuts in audio there. It's quite possible the guy in question was behaving like a total dick to the officers and just cut those parts out. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.
    I'll give you that, but the part at the end? "You pulled your arm away, that's assault." The fuck? I remember when our country used to have a sack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give you that, but the part at the end? "You pulled your arm away, that's assault." The fuck? I remember when our country used to have a sack.
    Oh, I stopped listening like 2/3 of the way through.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I'll give you that, but the part at the end? "You pulled your arm away, that's assault." The fuck?
    The fuck? bit for me was when they told the guy he was going to jail. Just when i thought that was about as fascist as they could get they told the guy 'You wife is going to jail as well lolz'. In a situation they incited and then escalated they are going to throw him and his wife in jail?

They must have had to build a new section at Guantanamo Bay as well if that guy is catching 3 terrorist a day sneaking across the Canadian border.