Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Colin Kapernick is a talented player but he simply is not on the level of Russell Wilson. Its not close. He can't make the same reads. If Colin was allowed to run the same plays Wilson is, he would not be nearly as accurate. Kapernick runs a more limited play selection to boost his completion percentage. He's not in the same class.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 10:23 PM ----------

Russell Wilson will own some NFL records currently held by the likes of Brady and Manning before he is done.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 10:26 PM ----------

It will be a crime is Russell Wilson isn't rookie of the year.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 10:32 PM ----------

If the 2012 draft was done over again today, the Colts would have taken Wilson.
    Are you trolling?

Wilson has virtual nothing in common with Brady and Manning aside from playing the same position, he isn't going break any of their records down the stretch.

RG3 is rookie of the year. Better stats overall and he isn't nearly as carried by defence as Wilson is.

No the Colts picked correctly, Luck is the overall better QB of the 3 standout rookie qb this year. And that's only because he is a pocket passer, Wilson and RG3 will be gone long before Luck is, because they rely on their ability to run, which just leads to concussions and fluke plays, and when they get old they don't run as fast aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tannenbaum is out which is no surprise considering how bad he did at assembling talent on the offensive side of the ball, stuffing useless QBs down Ryan's throat
    Ryan is still there, at least until a new GM is hired, I wonder if the new GM will get to assess the situation or if they will specifically go after a GM that can work better with Ryan. IMHO they'd be best off finding whomever seems best for the job and letting him make the head coaching decision down the road, at a time when there is a clearer picture on which coaches are available if they go away from Rex.

So far, Reid is gone, both Shurmur and the GM are out in Cleveland, and Jags GM is gone but supposedly keeping Mularky. Also rumors say both Turner and the GM are gone in San Diego and Crennel is done in KC, but they are keeping GM Scott Pioli. They keeping him based on what happened in New England? I don't think he has made many good personnel decisions.

Also, there's the Romo I know and love. Good to see things don't change. Granted, the run defense screwed them pretty badly, but his stat line was pretty terrible in a game when they needed good Romo to show up. Now all we need is Matt Ryan to shit the bed in Round 2, and all is right in the NFL world. I was hoping my Giants would be playing Atlanta in that spot, but they decided to play like shit for the last 2 months of the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    if the Chargers don't fire Turner & Smith then I have to assume they are secretly owned by the woman who owns the Indians in "Major League"

Bears fired Lovie Smith. Crennel ouster is official, and they said Pioli is still being evaluated.

Also, draynay, the ESPN folks say Turner and Smith are definitely happening today, just waiting on the official announcement.

Edit: Lovie wasn't even on my radar as a coach that could be fired. That's pretty surprising. I thought this team was crippled more by injuries and lack of depth, and they still finished 10-6 and barely missed the playoffs. Fire the GM for that shit, but I thought Smith actually did a pretty good job.
    Last edited by buck008; 2012-12-31 at 04:13 PM.

I'm saying when you playing a team as good as the Seahawks in the playoffs, home field wont help.

Seahawks have opened as 1-2 point favorites.
    All bets are off, man. Seahawks, just like The Broncos, got hot at the right time and played well to end the season - but it's over now. Heading into SF (because Seattle is going to win in the wildcard round, no doubt) for the playoffs is going to be vastly different than a season game in Seattle.

Also, a fun bit from ESPN: http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...perfect-season

Trindon Holliday hasn't lost a game this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hope next year my Tennessee Titans do better lol.

Dr.Pepper is made from fairy tears. Pokemon IGN: Josh FC: 0662-4407-8552

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    (because Seattle is going to win in the wildcard round, no doubt)
    I have doubts about that. Depends on Griffin's health a bit, but the Redskins are good. Very few running backs as hot as Alfred Morris right now. I think the Seahawks are good enough to make the Super Bowl, but they can not afford to look past Washington.

Also, I'm pretty sure I just saw that the Bills fired Chan Gailey. Black Monday indeed, something like 6 coaches and 4 GM's canned and it's not even noon.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    I have doubts about that. Depends on Griffin's health a bit, but the Redskins are good. Very few running backs as hot as Alfred Morris right now. I think the Seahawks are good enough to make the Super Bowl, but they can not afford to look past Washington.

Also, I'm pretty sure I just saw that the Bills fired Chan Gailey. Black Monday indeed, something like 6 coaches and 4 GM's canned and it's not even noon.
    Yeah how did the Jets fire the GM but didn't fire Rex freakin Ryan. Rex Ryan would have been the first coach that I would have fired just because he causes a disturbance in the locker room and in the media and that shouldn't ever happen. His hate for offense and love for defense in very 1980ish especially for a game that is now based on offense and defense doesn't really matter any more.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Yeah how did the Jets fire the GM but didn't fire Rex freakin Ryan. Rex Ryan would have been the first coach that I would have fired just because he causes a disturbance in the locker room and in the media and that shouldn't ever happen. His hate for offense and love for defense in very 1980ish especially for a game that is now based on offense and defense doesn't really matter any more.
    During the games, I think Ryan is a good coach. This team might have been the worst in the league and still managed to win 6 games. Rex was the least of their problems. They need to bring in a better talent evaluator to put a better product on the field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    Hehe cheers! Its a bit lame that we've got to play the Packers again next weekend, but should make for an interesting game, coming off a loss to us must take a bit of a mental toll on the Packers, but they'll have the home field advantage...
    (I just quoted your shortest post for ease)

An interesting time to pick the Vikings. Adrian Peterson returns in form, but the rest of the team is very meh. Recent history, they haven't been good, and only did well the one year when they had Brett Favre. Percy Harvin is their other star offensive player, and he's on injured reserve all year. I wouldn't expect them to get far in the playoffs. It's gonna be hard to play a run heavy offense against the toughest defenses in the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Bears fired Lovie Smith. Crennel ouster is official, and they said Pioli is still being evaluated.

Also, draynay, the ESPN folks say Turner and Smith are definitely happening today, just waiting on the official announcement.

Edit: Lovie wasn't even on my radar as a coach that could be fired. That's pretty surprising. I thought this team was crippled more by injuries and lack of depth, and they still finished 10-6 and barely missed the playoffs. Fire the GM for that shit, but I thought Smith actually did a pretty good job.
    I'm with you here. Playoffs or not, I never expected Lovie Smith to go. Seems one of those gut-reactions to a loss for nothing. As much as I don't care for them, take a cue from the Steelers and hang with the same coach until the fall over dead on the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastblow View Post
    i hope next year my Tennessee Titans do better lol.
    I don't know too much about them, despite living near Nashville. But Locker hasn't seemed to progress like the other young QB's, and Chris Johnson isn't Chris Johnson anymore. perhaps they just need others around them.

Huh, 24 teams with players in the Pro Bowl. Meaning, what, eight teams without any? That feels a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Huh, 24 teams with players in the Pro Bowl. Meaning, what, eight teams without any? That feels a bit odd.
    The teams without: Raiders, Bills, Panthers, Rams, Eagles, Jaguars, Chargers, and Titans. Maybe Buffalo can argue for CJ Spiller, and maybe Carolina has a case for Cam Newton. That's about it.

Also, Cardinals fire both Wisenhunt and their GM, shocking no one. Also, the Chargers made the firings of Norv and Smith official. Brings us to 7 coaches axed.

Are there enough quality coaches for that many openings? Or is this just going to be a case of coaches getting fired in one place just to get hired on another team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    Yeh I'm glad the Vikings got through, means I'll get to watch some games in my new jersey when it arrives :3 I think last nights game was good because Vikings had everything to play for, but the Packers fan there said that the Packers were missing 2 key players who will no doubt be there in next weeks game . . . fingers crossed :3

The mate I mentioned is a seahawks fan, their kits do look pretty cool it must be said, but I avoided looking at the kits until I'd picked a team, going by colours seemed a girly way of doing things =p as it turns out purple being my favourite colour I did pretty well out of it, also really like the bengals kit too btw =)
    Coincidentally my favorite color is purple and I also like the Vikings and Ravens. But for other reasons than the colors. I kinda bandwaggoned the vikings when Farve took over.

To really put it into perspective, here is AP a year ago.

Usually a torn ACL you want to nurse for about 16 months and even then you might walk with a limp. Thats why we all doubted him and put money on him getting injured right when the season starts, but naw. Right from the start he was like, 100%

I gotta ask what jerseys you got.

Lovie Smith should not have gotten fired. The Bears missed the playoffs because a lot of things went wrong at the same time as a lot of players started getting cold, not because of one person. He's gonna get re-hired somewhere else instantly.

Rex Ryan deserves to stay. People forget that he took the Jets to 2 AFC championship games in a row just 2 years ago. He should get a couple more years to work with this team.

Ken Whisenhunt is gone, and as I said a couple pages ago, he deserves it. He fucked up the QB situation back in 2010 by shipping off Matt Leinart for no good reason and declaring Derek Fucking Anderson as the starter (who has, in the last 2 years since leaving AZ, thrown 4 passes total). Since then, the Cards have been shit. Hope Lovie Smith agrees to coach them.

Andy Reid... nothing needs to be said about that. Good coach, was just time for him to leave.

Norv Turner actually got fired. No commentary needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Are there enough quality coaches for that many openings? Or is this just going to be a case of coaches getting fired in one place just to get hired on another team.
    There are always plenty of coaches and offensive/defensive co-ordinators looking for head coaching jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    More people blaming Tony Romo, and, hey look, former wide receivers

Never mind that the first two interceptions provided no Washington points. Never mind that they were pulling guys off the fucking street to play defense, or that by the end of the game both Miles Austin and Dez Bryant were hurt. Nope, all Romo's fault...
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-12-31 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Lovie Smith should not have gotten fired. The Bears missed the playoffs because a lot of things went wrong at the same time as a lot of players started getting cold, not because of one person. He's gonna get re-hired somewhere else instantly.

Rex Ryan deserves to stay. People forget that he took the Jets to 2 AFC championship games in a row just 2 years ago. He should get a couple more years to work with this team.

Ken Whisenhunt is gone, and as I said a couple pages ago, he deserves it. He fucked up the QB situation back in 2010 by shipping off Matt Leinart for no good reason and declaring Derek Fucking Anderson as the starter (who has, in the last 2 years since leaving AZ, thrown 4 passes total). Since then, the Cards have been shit. Hope Lovie Smith agrees to coach them.

Andy Reid... nothing needs to be said about that. Good coach, was just time for him to leave.

Norv Turner actually got fired. No commentary needed.
    Agree that Lovie Smith should not have been fired. The Bears defense is fearsome in a way that is rarely ever seen. I think the Bears will regret that greatly, but who knows? Maybe they'll find another harbaugh-type coach that can help get them to the next level.

Rex Ryan I do believe should have been fired, along with the GM. They turned a decent situation into an absolute zoo, and they really seemed to lose control and the identity of that team. There was always the danger of non-football issues surpassing football issues with the Jets, and then they threw gas onto the fire by getting Tebow. And Ryan is the wrong personality type for a New York team. Press loves him, but they need someone who will keep his head down and keep working at things instead of constantly craving attention and stirring the pot.

Leinart is a bust, always has been, and always will be.

Norv Turner should have been fired a couple of years ago.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 07:25 PM ----------

I have a playoff formula for determining super bowl champs.

Cliff notes version: The Seahawks should win the Super Bowl.
    Not that simple. Seahawks are a very strong home team, but they're not going to get a whole a lot of home games through the playoffs.

Now, of all the teams in the playoffs I suspect the Seahawks are one of the last teams that anyone wants to play simply because they are so hot and unlike the Rodgers, Bradys, and Mannings of the world Wilson is still mostly an unknown quantity so there is uncertainty. On the other hand, first playoff run jitters are very common, and without home field they are not nearly as strong as the stats may indicate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay finally catching up on the firings. Whisenhunt sorta surprises me. Honestly if you are going to rank on his QB situation then you have to rank on Rex Ryan's who i thought would be gone too. Lovie Smith surprised me even more.

Jason Garret... surprises me as well. I wonder what happened to the rumors of Holmgren going to Dallas. Must of been false or Jerry Jones would of made that move... or so one would logically think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    More people blaming Tony Romo, and, hey look, former wide receivers

Never mind that the first two interceptions provided no Washington points. Never mind that they were pulling guys off the fucking street to play defense, or that by the end of the game both Miles Austin and Dez Bryant were hurt. Nope, all Romo's fault...
    It's not all Romo's fault. Most of the blame for that loss should fall squarely on the defense. However, three picks when you needed his A game was just par for the course from him. He'll always be good, never great.

Vetali, as far as I know Garrett is still employed. Did I miss one?
    Last edited by buck008; 2012-12-31 at 07:32 PM.