Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post

If there weren't carnage quests, it would just be more quests you had to manually pick up from an NPC and no one wants that.
    Not necessarily. I mean you can still pick up quests in the world but they don't have to be from an NPC and they don't always have to be kill quests. I suppose one thing you have to know about me that will put some context in this is that I'm not a fan of regular mmo combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still feel Secret World is my ideal MMO if it only ran a little better. Leveling up is bullshit. I'm over it.
    Gotta agree here. The Secret World innovated in so many ways, from character development to questing and crafting (sort of). I think TSW deserves way more credit than it gets and I hate that it isn't as popular as it should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Also yea, the leveling in Storm Legion is fucking horrible. Classic's approach by where I could hit level cap in less than /played 2 days was
    definitely preferable and one the initial selling points for me.
    During closed beta, the XP required per level was actually on par to how you leveled in Classic. It was VERY nice and a few of us had gotten characters to high 50s just before the changed it and severely increased the XP required. I really think it was a poor move.. some weird attempt to prolong the process to force you to go through all of the content.
    Rift Scene - Still the best Rift fansite.
    Cupcakey 5/5 EE, 4/4 FT

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcaek View Post
    During closed beta, the XP required per level was actually on par to how you leveled in Classic. It was VERY nice and a few of us had gotten characters to high 50s just before the changed it and severely increased the XP required. I really think it was a poor move.. some weird attempt to prolong the process to force you to go through all of the content.
    While I do think they need to adjust leveling you donlt need to do all the content in order to level. Many people have leveled to 60 without touching a few zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calliso View Post
    While I do think they need to adjust leveling you donlt need to do all the content in order to level. Many people have leveled to 60 without touching a few zones.
    My comment about "all of the content" doesn't mean only questing through zones.
    Rift Scene - Still the best Rift fansite.
    Cupcakey 5/5 EE, 4/4 FT

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Couldn't disagree more, loving SL so far. Can't be bothered to do a point by point reply, just invert the meanings of each of the OPs points and you'll have my opinion
    I'd agree with Tarien.

As for disappearing pieces of terrain - usually just rocks or other added in objects, try updating drivers. Fixed it for me.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    nah man SL is ick blud yo

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    nah man SL is ick blud yo
    Someone was celebrating the New Year for way too long across the pond

I'm not standing near the Tardis, so I'm going to need a translation hehe.

Deleted
    oh my, i thought it was the one thread lol

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Fencers, sounds to me like you just want a 'make me 60 so I can raid' button, which is a strange attitude coming from the faction that always wants everyone else to play better/work harder. But, if that's what you want, you can ask for it. I just sincerely hope they don't give it to you. Nothing personal.
    Leveling up to get to the "fun stuff" is artificial. It's just a cheap way to extent the life of MMOs. Most MMOs are actually bad game design. Even the best games in the genre.

Level-less or greatly de-emphasized leveling have been produced in MMOs before. Just a note.

I am not attached to raids as a convention either. If a game did or did not have them, it would make no difference. I enjoy raiding only because it is the apex of PVE content typically. If say Rift endgame were monstrously challenging puzzles or a complex series of conversations- I would have as much interest in those as raiding. However, the PVE funnel narrows to raiding in Rift. So that is where I am interested as a point of design.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-01-01 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Leveling up to get to the "fun stuff" is artificial. It's just a cheap way to extent the life of MMOs. Most MMOs are actually bad game design. Even the best games in the genre.

Level-less or greatly de-emphasized leveling have been produced in MMOs before. Just a note.

I am not attached to raids as a convention either. If a game did or did not have them, it would make no difference. I enjoy raiding only because it is the apex of PVE content typically. If say Rift endgame were monstrously challenging puzzles or a complex series of conversations- I would have as much interest in those as raiding. However, the PVE funnel narrows to raiding in Rift. So that is where I am interested as a point of design.
    Fun is subjective

I put scare quotes around it for a reason.

As for zones being stretched out and seeming empty. Yeah they might seem a bit like that now. However we need to remember they purposely left themselves alot of room this expansion to make new content. I suspect that several monthes/year from now when hopefully these areas are more filled out with content that some of the people complaining about "empty" zones now will appreciate that Trion left themselves that space. I personally like the art design of most of the zones and they donlt feel copy and paste at all and in most i am fine with the terrain and donlt find it a pain. The one exception is Morban and this might just be me. I feel that zone is a pain to navigate. But even though Morban is my least favorite zone *at least so far* even Morban I think has some very neat looking artwork/terrain. Sometimes you just have to look for the positive.

I am not one for hunting artifacts normally however I actually find it more fun this expansion to occasionally go looking. I have little trouble with most of the terrain and the lower mob density makes it so that I don;t always have to kill 50 mobs to search one small area. Ok that is an exaggeration but still lower mob density is nice...:P I do agree though that I donlt like the new way to do puzzles that does suck.

Also not sure whats the big deal about having to visit a place 2-3 times.. I mean really? Should we just go to places once and never see them again? Sorry I just donlt get that complaint and doubt I am the only one. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aman08 View Post
    Gotta agree here. The Secret World innovated in so many ways, from character development to questing and crafting (sort of). I think TSW deserves way more credit than it gets and I hate that it isn't as popular as it should be.
    For what I want to play, The Secret World was one of the worst games I'd ever set foot in. I can't think of a MMO I felt more constrained or less interested in. I was glad it was there for the questy types, if it worked for them. Shame if it fell short for you guys too. I want you out of my mmos so they can be more about me

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    *snip*
    I probably can't comment on the end game experience of chocolate but the leveling experience in SL has been one of the best I've ever had in an MMO.
    I'm sorry you haven't found it very fun
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    leveling at SL is a lot better and fun than chocolate rift.More variation on qs,carnage,onslaughts,wf,dungeons,IA!!!
    I never do 1 thing while leveling in this game.
    My main is 60 3 weeks now and im leveling another alt to 60 slowly and having fun

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    <Snip>
    rifts first expansion and its already getting the "vannilla" wow commotion rolling. lol
    Last edited by Azuri; 2013-01-02 at 10:28 AM.

I actually really enjoy SL leveling and questing so far (88 right now), and I like how it takes a while. It just takes a little TOO long to level, IMO. Doing level-appropriate carnage maybe nets you 1% and doing a story quest nets you about 1.5%. I've completely maxed out 6 zones at this point (got the quest and carnage achieves) and that's all I've done so there's still tons of content, and I've barely done IA's and Onslaughts and hunt rifts and NO dungeons. It's much slower than chocolate Rift, which I like, it's just TOO slow. If the leveling grind was maybe 75% of what it is now, I think that'd be golden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'd agree with Tarien.

As for disappearing pieces of terrain - usually just rocks or other added in objects, try updating drivers. Fixed it for me.
    Yeah - I must say, I tried this. I think it has to do with having ground clutter set too high, generally. Hoping they make some more optimizations to the graphics engine.

When a few hundred or so people are on the screen during a zone event boss, the ground cover is the first to vanish / flash.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    I actually really enjoy SL leveling and questing so far (88 right now), and I like how it takes a while. It just takes a little TOO long to level, IMO. Doing level-appropriate carnage maybe nets you 1% and doing a story quest nets you about 1.5%. I've completely maxed out 6 zones at this point (got the quest and carnage achieves) and that's all I've done so there's still tons of content, and I've barely done IA's and Onslaughts and hunt rifts and NO dungeons. It's much slower than chocolate Rift, which I like, it's just TOO slow. If the leveling grind was maybe 75% of what it is now, I think that'd be golden.

Well, if you take the original first 9 months, the grind is about 20~30% harder than this period currently is - perhaps even harder then because now we have instant adventures. Sometime during chocolate, they made 1~50 easier.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-01-06 at 08:43 AM.

I can see where the OP is coming from, he does not lie. I, on the otherhand, happen to love most of what he is complaining about.

P.S. Volan.