Using Vuhdo for Disc Atonement healing

Hey all,

I've been using Vuhdo for my healing/raid frames and have gotten pretty familiar with it but I was recently asked a question about it by a fellow Disc Priest and didn't have the best answer.

He asked me if there was any way to set up a boss/enemy frame in Vuhdo so you can use Atonement spells with a Vuhdo frame on an enemy. So far the best I could come up with after digging all around in the options was to set up a new panel for Private Tanks and make the boss your Focus Target. While this kinda works the panel sometimes acts like it's own panel but sometimes acts with the others, like trying to get the health bar on the focused enemy to show up differently then all the other raider's health bars. This also forces use to use the /focus on the boss and sometimes we'd prefer to use it some other ways.

Any Disc Priests out there that use Vuhdo for DPSing as well as healing? Any tips would be appreciated!

Deleted
    You could set the MT frame to also show his target, which usually will be the boss, and set your spells for enemy targets. On a side note, putting vuhdo next to your action bars and put the holy fire and smite on those bars works too.

Deleted
    i use vuhdo for my raid frame but i use shadowed unitframes for my own bar, target, target's target, boss frame, focus frame......

You could use target of target macros. That's how I'v been doing it all these years. Not on atm but if you do some googling you can find what you need. Can macro it so if target is hostile it will hit your target, if target is friendly it will target your targets target. I don't use it for penance though, I don't atonement heal with penance so don't need it.

Another option if you cant work out your Vuhdo problem.

While I don't know if it works with VuhDo as I don't use it, what I've been doing is putting Holy Fire, Smite and Penance into macros like this, which means I can just target the tank and will then attack whatever he's targeting, which tends to be the boss. It obviously also works with just mousing over the tank, or even just targeting the boss, if you prefer.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseovertarget, harm] [@mouseover, harm] [@targettarget, harm] [harm] Penance

I know alot of folks don't recommend this but the macro I use with Vuhdo for atonement healing is:

#showtooltip Penance
    /castsequence [@mouseovertarget,harm] [@focustarget,harm] [@focus,harm] [@target,harm] [@targettarget,harm] reset=5 Penance,Holy Fire,Smite,Smite,Smite,Smite

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    i use vuhdo for my raid frame but i use shadowed unitframes for my own bar, target, target's target, boss frame, focus frame......
    This is what I do. It works well but I would be open to suggestions.

I have my action bars setup for atonement dps and I usually keep the boss targeted, using Vuhdo for direct healing spells on the raid. I currently have mine setup like this and I like it:

left mouse click - PW Shield
    right mouse click - PoM

Alt right click - Target player
    Alt left click - Renew
    Alt middle click - Greater Heal

Shift left click - Flash heal
    Shift right click - PoH
    Shift middle click - Binding Heal

The rest of my abilities and cooldowns are on 2X 12 button action bar grids with a shift modifier to be used with my Naga.
    Last edited by Burchoid; 2013-01-02 at 04:49 PM.

2-night progression raiding: http://www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Shadow-Raid Blog: http://shadow-raid.blogspot.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffon23 View Post
    Hey all,

I've been using Vuhdo for my healing/raid frames and have gotten pretty familiar with it but I was recently asked a question about it by a fellow Disc Priest and didn't have the best answer.

He asked me if there was any way to set up a boss/enemy frame in Vuhdo so you can use Atonement spells with a Vuhdo frame on an enemy. So far the best I could come up with after digging all around in the options was to set up a new panel for Private Tanks and make the boss your Focus Target. While this kinda works the panel sometimes acts like it's own panel but sometimes acts with the others, like trying to get the health bar on the focused enemy to show up differently then all the other raider's health bars. This also forces use to use the /focus on the boss and sometimes we'd prefer to use it some other ways.

Any Disc Priests out there that use Vuhdo for DPSing as well as healing? Any tips would be appreciated!
    vuhdu will keep info for separate specs? and it wont change who your targeting when casting? I dunno. I admit I dont raid much on my disc priest, but she heals dungeons and LFR just fine without macros and just vuhdu. I just keep my boss on target myself for casting smite and whatnot, and just use vuhdu for casting everything else like my disspells, heals, prayers and all.

edit in: basically what the fellow above me said. DPS spells on my bar for direct casting, all healing/etc spells on vuhdu