374. This poll is closed
  • Happy

224 59.89%
  • ANGRY

150 40.11%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vihtahousu View Post
    wow pvp=3v3 arena. rbg and other brackets are bullcrap. They will never ever ever remove arenas. They might stop doing new raid contest tho cause PVE is boring and pretty much same all the time.
    PvE is boring and the same all the time? Right, because pvp isn't typically the same FOTM/popular arena comps doing the exact same moves in a relatively predictable pattern with the exact same counters for each move...

PvP is way more boring on account of only a handful of classes and specs, down to specific talents, being viable, while everything else is mediocre at best.

If you know how to play, every class has chance to get high rating/gladiator. Pve is just much easier, thats why most players prefer it.

If you know how to play, every class has chance to get high rating/gladiator. Pve is just much easier, thats why most players prefer it.
    Show me a glad contender team from this season with a holy priest, MM hunter, and fury warrior, please. PvP is 3 parts class/spec 1 part competency. If what you say is true (and it's not even close) then no one would ever bitch and moan about pvp balance, including gladiators.

And yes, gladiator not "high ranking"...

I said every class, not every spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    extreme meh...ness

Playing since '04

Deleted
    Wrong, pvp in wow has always been rock - paper - scissors were some rocks can beat both paper and scissors.

pve and pvp is 2 completely different things and plays completely different so to say that one is easier than another is wrong as well. it's like saying golf is harder than fotball, it really depends on what you are good at and prefer.

I said every class, not every spec.
    and I said every spec. And the fact you can't pvp in the spec you want without any possibility of real success (making Gladiator) which is why pvp is boring as hell and uninteresting. Play this spec, with these talents or don't bother at all. It's about as compelling as watching grass grow, but there's a reason for picking those specs and talents as, they are the only ones which can make the "lolburst macro" and survival CDs. In PvE blizz is trying to move away from that crap and it seems to be working. Seeing Frost mages in dungeons and raids that can top a meter is a testament to it, and for me, makes it a LOT less boring since playing a spec you like and enjoy beats playing a spec you dislike simply because it's the only one with a toolkit for the job you need to do.

Ur preferring 1v1 situations which are not balanced. In 3v3 every class has chance to get high rating if you are good player in good team. And ur playing rock-paper-scissors wrong if u think rock can beat paper xD

Quote Originally Posted by Velestro View Post
    i would be pissed i love arena. my biggest complaint about it currently is that there is only a handful of classes that r viable. i would rather them not remove it but fix it and make it more balanced because as it is now if u want to win u have to play a certain class/class combos and not the class u might actualy want to play
    pretty much exactly what this guy said... i had to make an alt for pvp, cuz my main class/spec is laughed at in pvp and gets me nowhere. unfortunately if you want to pvp, and do well, you have to pick or be the right class/specs.

Deleted
    wouldnt give single duck.

dont care about arena or pvp for that matter. some battlegrounds are fun for like 5-10 minutes but arena is just a hell of balance whining, lag whining and lack of skill whining. really dont see the fun in that.

then why are the top 100 arena teams comprised of the same 5 classes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    then why are the top 100 arena teams comprised of the same 5 classes?
    Because this season started with horrible balance and it's taking them a long time to start moving in the right direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPnoob View Post
    What would be your reaction?
    A single fuck wouldn't be given that day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Correlia View Post
    Finally, no more PvE nerfs due to stupid PvP bull crap.
    Agreed.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Why are so many people complaining that PvP nerfs affect PvE? This barely ever happens.. Infact, its usually the other way round. Since I've played, they always seem to put PvE balance first. Infact they've done a pretty good job of nerfing PvP without touching PvE this season.. Spellsteal, Deep Freeze and Frost Bomb nerf +glyph nerf didn't affect PvE, the Bestial Wrath and Stampede nerfs didn't affect PvE, and thats just naming the few that pop into my head right away.

And really, why the fuck does PvE balance even matter anyway? A tiny percentage of people are competing in PvE, and people playing on that level have multiple classes to swap to if their main is underperforming in a patch. Many PvErs posting here with things like "whoo I'd praise God no more pve nerfs!" haven't even cleared normal modes, like the guy above me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it should be removed, but I think it should be de-emphasized (probably not a word, but hopefully my meaning is understood). Maybe put them on par with challenge modes so you still can get some nice goodies if you perform well, but its not the be all end all of competitive pvp. With the introduction of RBGs, I think it's time to shift their focus to that instead.

PvE is balanced around 10/25-man raids, no one expects it to be balanced around smaller group play but that's exactly what they've done in pvp. Imagine if they started balancing pve around dungeons or scenarios. That wouldn't make sense for pve and now that we have RBGs, it doesn't make sense to continue on this path. And yeah, they do balance somewhat around RBGs already but they've stated time and again that its not where the majority of their focus is at. It's time to shift all their pvp focus to RBGs.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    This so much this. The next step would be to remove battlegrounds.
    NEVER !!!, I like Battlegrounds & there not the problem. Its all Arena's fault. Blizzard has admitted and said many times Arenas are the problem & with them they will never be able to balance the game the way they would like.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 04:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Correlia View Post
    Finally, no more PvE nerfs due to stupid PvP bull crap.
    Amen good sir
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shell View Post
    I don't think it should be removed, but I think it should be de-emphasized (probably not a word, but hopefully my meaning is understood). Maybe put them on par with challenge modes so you still can get some nice goodies if you perform well, but its not the be all end all of competitive pvp. With the introduction of RBGs, I think it's time to shift their focus to that instead.
    This is ridiculous. Many more people enjoy fast paced death match games than long, organised Flag Capture and Defend the Point games.

Quote Originally Posted by ogFrenikk View Post
    Why are so many people complaining that PvP nerfs affect PvE? This barely ever happens.. Infact, its usually the other way round. Since I've played, they always seem to put PvE balance first. Infact they've done a pretty good job of nerfing PvP without touching PvE this season.. Spellsteal, Deep Freeze and Frost Bomb nerf +glyph nerf didn't affect PvE, the Bestial Wrath and Stampede nerfs didn't affect PvE, and thats just naming the few that pop into my head right away.

And really, why the fuck does PvE balance even matter anyway? A tiny percentage of people are competing in PvE, and people playing on that level have multiple classes to swap to if their main is underperforming in a patch. Many PvErs posting here with things like "whoo I'd praise God no more pve nerfs!" haven't even cleared normal modes, like the guy above me.
    best post ever x)

Deleted
    I'd quit the game, which is funny considering I'm not even that good in arenas, 1.8k rated at best. But, as it stands currently, arenas are the biggest source of fun for me in wow.

Deleted
    Bias poll is bias?

OT: I don't think I would prefer it if arenas were gone. I guess if arenas were gone, more development time and resources would go into PvE which would be nice but then a lot of people would quit and Blizzard would have less resources (aka money) for anything else.