Thread: Racials

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The obvious answer is BElf. Sets your enchanting 10 points into the next expansion. No other racial can compete with the future!
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    The obvious answer is BElf. Sets your enchanting 10 points into the next expansion. No other racial can compete with the future!
    Saves you almost a full GCD in a 10 min fight from arcane torrent by not having to life fap. Hell yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    Spreading baseless theories effectively missleading people, whether with or without intention is mean imo. Hence me attempting to correct you.

You didn't correct me, you corrected Void. >_> I was saying the same thing you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Elite Dagger as a Worgen > Lohash as a Human.

Deleted
    You didn't correct me, you corrected Void. >_> I was saying the same thing you said.

Oh lawd, I'm so sorry. And here I was being mad at mudkip

If you're Affliction, Troll is actually amazing. You can toss up max duration DoTs right at the end of Berserking and have them carry the buff a long time.
    I was waiting for someone to point this out. This is how I feel about my spriest. I can time burst better using Berserking.

Quote Originally Posted by Autofollow View Post
    I was waiting for someone to point this out. This is how I feel about my spriest. I can time burst better using Berserking.

I fuck around with a Spriest on the side. DevP with Berserking up is better than sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Saves you almost a full GCD in a 10 min fight from arcane torrent by not having to life fap.
    I like what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I like what you did there.
    I swear it was a typo.

I fuck around with a Spriest on the side. DevP with Berserking up is better than sex.
    no, it isn't lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    no, it isn't lol
    Its an expression. Go find some maturity.

As a side note regarding Berserking, the proc gives 20% haste, or 8500 haste rating. Keep that in mind when you're looking at haste plateaus, it might net you some interesting ticks if you reforge for a tiny bit more haste.
    Last edited by Teye; 2012-12-29 at 07:35 PM.

Its an expression. Go find some maturity.
    it was a joke. go find some sense of humor.

anyway, OP. I greatly suggest you play whatever you like the most, unless you are in a sponsored top raiding guild that competes for world firsts. it's a game, not a job.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    anyway, OP. I greatly suggest you play whatever you like the most, unless you are in a sponsored top raiding guild that competes for world firsts. it's a game, not a job.
    I agree with you; personally I could really care less at this point, and will race change later because I absolutely despise how orcs look.

But if you are progressing early content, keep in mind even a sub-2% gain is good. You may not (in fact, you will not) notice the gain by looking at Skada, but it's there. And you can wipe at less than 2% (a lot less, for that).

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Ignore simcraft.

the difference will generally be less than the margin of error of any empirical testing you may do with your own characters.
    (unless you are the goddamn most bestest elite player in the whole world)

Also Rocket Jump saves lives.

Play what you love.
    No, don't ignore simcraft. Just use it as a tool and not the bible. It's an excellent tool to see potential. Despite the passive/aggressive hate it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I agree with you; personally I could really care less at this point, and will race change later because I absolutely despise how orcs look.

But if you are progressing early content, keep in mind even a sub-2% gain is good. You may not (in fact, you will not) notice the gain by looking at Skada, but it's there. And you can wipe at less than 2% (a lot less, for that).
    Orcs look amazing bro! For looks, as a dps caster I would most prefer male belf shockingly, but trolls and orcs aren't terrible.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Orcs look amazing bro! For looks, as a dps caster I would most prefer male belf shockingly, but trolls and orcs aren't terrible.
    Yeah, I think some would disagree with me; personally I would see orcs more as shamans or warriors/DK.

I think I did find a decent orc transmog at some point though, but still human looked way better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Racials are so insignificant (unless we're talking about EMFH) that it boils down to personal preference. If I am Horde, I go with blood elf, I like them most from a lore perspective, for locks but also for paladins, mages, DKs, warriors and hunters. On Alliance, it depends but usually night elf or human.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    the difference will generally be less than the margin of error of any empirical testing you may do with your own characters.
    (unless you are the goddamn most bestest elite player in the whole world)
    This is incorrect.

A passive dps increase is always going to be a passive dps increase.

If you make a mistake without a passive dps increase, you will do less dps than if you make a mistake with a passive dps increase.

I do agree that you should play what you love though, unless you are in a top guild fighting for firsts, where racials do actually matter.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydiddlydoo View Post
    This is incorrect.

A passive dps increase is always going to be a passive dps increase.

If you make a mistake without a passive dps increase, you will do less dps than if you make a mistake with a passive dps increase.
    That's obvious.

He was stating that the DPS loss from switching is less than the margin of error based on your performance, which is a different statement.