Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I personally feel that scenarios will be something that fizzles out come the next expansion. Blizzard are always testing things in there game and often abandon concepts if they think it isn't doing as well as they hoped. Stuff like the daily heroic quest or the weekly raid quest, that was a big thing in wrath but got abandoned.
    I don't think they should fizzle out, I just think its not good level 90 content. As people have been saying, they could really care less about them, they are apparently just a good quick way to farm valor. Which goes back to my point of no one really caring about them.

I think scenarios are a lot like the vehicle mechanism. They've invented some new infrastructure, and they're exploring how it can be used. We'll see them decide what works, what doesn't, and go with the former. The scenarios themselves are probably quite cheap to put together, since they require no new artwork.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I do Scenarios instead of Dungeons. No asshats in Scenarios and instant queues
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

They didn't do what they were initially supposed to. Initially Blizzard announced them as a replacement for group quests. Why make them max level only, then? The rewards are pretty bad, so there is no reason to do them more than once(other than maybe achievements), and the loot per time spent on average is lower than for dungeons(at least in my experience)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    No, PVP is wasted development time.
    Yeah, people should stop liking the stuff ohshift doesn't like.

Deleted
    i did all the scenarios once, on a saturday. no reason to ever go back

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    No, PVP is wasted development time.
    No, PvE is wasted development time. Oh see what I did there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like scenarios. Why would anybody think are wasted time? Are people not doing them?

It is currently just turned into a way for underlying Lore to be explained throughout patches which is fine but, most people really don't care about that kind of stuff...
    And where in the world did you get this idea from? Do you get all of your information on the WoW community from the members of top flight raiding guilds twitter accounts?

Meh, they're fun once each when leveling, don't see a point to them after that.

More than wasted developement time, the scenarios are wasted potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    The player-base seems to expect more from these scenarios than what they are, group quests. I agree with you though that they should be lower level content, there really isn't any room for them as end-game content.
    they're awesome for DPS waiting on a dungeon queue to hit valor cap.

Deleted
    Scrap PvP and Scenarios imo.

Deleted
    I think the current ones, except maybe for Dagger in the dark were wasted development time, but scenarios have potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scenarios are among the least fun content I've played in my 8 years playing WoW. There's no challenge, there's very little in the way of interesting story, it's just grinding trash mobs for 15 minutes until you get your useless loot bag full of gold for the 9th time in a row.

I really, really wish they'd scrap the idea and focus more on 5man dungeons for the more casual content.

I personally don't like them anymore but they're a good addition to the game. They could do so much more with them though and wish they would make them even more story based. Kind of like some of the SWTOR flashpoints that are really easy at the start. So much dialogue and cut scenes in them.

I don't think they take nearly as much development time as making new heroic dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    I don't think they should fizzle out, I just think its not good level 90 content. As people have been saying, they could really care less about them, they are apparently just a good quick way to farm valor. Which goes back to my point of no one really caring about them.
    People must not remember that they now can also award 476 gear as well. I have outfitted a few alts using them to reach an ilevel high enough for the second tier of LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    People must not remember that they now can also award 476 gear as well. I have outfitted a few alts using them to reach an ilevel high enough for the second tier of LFR.
    To a degree that wasn't what they were really meant for though. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    The player-base seems to expect more from these scenarios than what they are, group quests.
    Except they don't fit the bill as group quests.

Group quests generally provide(d) decent one-time upgrades as well as a decent amount of experience making them worth the while. By placing them at level cap, the XP is pointless, and only Arena actually has a quest providing an upgrade.

What they *did* give scenarios, was an incentive to randomly repeat them to the exclusion of singling them out for fun. ie... NO reward from queueing for specific scenarios, and 15 guild challenges each week which require just as many guildmembers as a dungeon.

By removing the 'quest' from the quest, they just end up feeling like dungeons without the loot.

i really like them. with my mage got easy acces to some nice gear gear and was able to jump in hc's fast , tho only did a few hc's and was able to join LFR short after.

but after that the rewards were useless and stopped doing them.