Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Here's to 2013 and finding out wtf Titan actually is! Woo!

Only problem i have with lf tools is the way they work in some terms.
    One thing that sets WoW apart from all other mmos is its open world instead of an instanced world, with LF tool it pretty much destroys the open world aside from leveling, endgame in my view, sucks if it is basically dungeoning alone, i did very much enjoy quite a lot of other things, among others pvp.
    Whats the point of a pvp server if everything is instanced and in controlled environments? might as well make all servers pve and let people level without being ganked, because sadly that is what world pvp resumes to nowadays.

And before anyone goes "there was never world pvp" i had about 8000 honour kills before bgs were implemented. yes, there was a lot of world pvp in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortai2 View Post
    Here's to 2013 and finding out wtf Titan actually is! Woo!
    To 2013!
    * Raises a glass *

To Titan!!!
    * Drinks *

I hope the only instanced content will be solo stuff. Instances killed the fun in MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think its wrong to assume titan will even have dungeons at this point
    Assuming anything on Titan is foolish at this point.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    MMOs do have caps on the number of players they support. It just happens to be very, very high.
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Don't all MMORPG servers have a cap before the queue comes into effect?
    Those caps are technical threshholds based on data traffic and hardware load, not any specific number of players. It's not part of the game design, it's a hardware limitation.

A 500-player FPS is designed to only hold 500 players.

No one knows what Titan will even be as far as type of game. The best guess up to this point is an FPSMMO. An MMO without LFD/LFR type function is a huge mistake by any game company. (If the game has dungeons and raids)

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anybody here use google?

http://www.blizzardnewmmo.com/
    http://www.blizzardnewmmo.com/Game_Info

It's not a whole lot of info, but those links should clear up alot of the theories going around.

And for the love of God, WoW isn't going to just stop at level 100. Ultima Online has 250,000 subscribers and is still pushing out new content. Personally, I don't see how it would be remotely possible for WoW to lose 10 million subscribers in the next 4 or 5 years. And if I am wrong, and they do stop WoW at level 100, then Blizzard will officially be given the title of "Stupidest Business Decision of All Time".

LFD is a must have feature these days. But, the community issues it brought to WoW are a very real problem. There is a simple solution though: Limit LFD to each single server. In future MMOs, surely they will have the technology to increase server population limits. So people will have the convenience of queing for groups, but with people on their same server, thus increasing community bonds.

My baseless assumption regarding Titan is the idea that it will share a subscription fee with WoW. If you sub to one, then you gain access to both games. I'm not sure how else they will be able to support having 2 MMOs on the market simultaneously. They don't want anyone leaving one game to play the other. So, this would make sense. But, who knows what Blizz will do. We don't even know the nature of Titan just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash1 View Post
    LFD is a must have feature these days. But, the community issues it brought to WoW are a very real problem. There is a simple solution though: Limit LFD to each single server. In future MMOs, surely they will have the technology to increase server population limits. So people will have the convenience of queing for groups, but with people on their same server, thus increasing community bonds.
    Yeah, and making super-long queues on low-pop servers. No thanks.
    Btw, LFD already tries to match you with people from your server first.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash1 View Post
    My baseless assumption regarding Titan is the idea that it will share a subscription fee with WoW. If you sub to one, then you gain access to both games. I'm not sure how else they will be able to support having 2 MMOs on the market simultaneously. They don't want anyone leaving one game to play the other. So, this would make sense. But, who knows what Blizz will do. We don't even know the nature of Titan just yet.
    From the rumours running around, a possibility of ad-based financing was not completely out of the question for Titan.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-