Drop multiple totems at the same time

I want to know why blizzard removed the ability to drop multiple totems at the same time. Sometimes I would love to drop like a searing healing stream and stone bulwark totem at the same time. However now I have to spend 3 globals on it. This has made life so much more stressful.

because each do so much more as a cooldown now.

searing totem will probably do well over 75k dmg for 1 global, healing stream heal over 100k, and stone bulwark absorb over 100k.

for 1 GCD doesn't that seem a bit much? that's like letting a disc priest dispell, pw:s and start casting a heal for 1 gcd...just a random example but you get the idea.

before you used to drop 4 at once but you never got the kind of bang u get from each totem now, before you just buffed armor/haste dropped searing every 1 minute and healing stream faceroll healed (mostly overheal) for 5 minutes, totems changed so dropping 4 at once just isn't required anymore.

The most used totems were essentially passive buffs in the past. Now they're not. That's pretty much the full story.

It's already pretty op how you can drop healing tide as resto and continue to heal with it lol.

Dam!! I havent even noticed that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The most used totems were essentially passive buffs in the past. Now they're not. That's pretty much the full story.
    You mean, the most used totems are NOW passive buffs? :>

All I was trying to say is that sometimes when I'm soloing contet or right before a raid boss pull I like to drop more than 1 totem down. And it doesn't matter it shamans can drop healing tide and still heal. If totems are going to be affected by silence maybe we should be able to drop more than 1 at a time

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lasermizer View Post
    All I was trying to say is that sometimes when I'm soloing contet or right before a raid boss pull I like to drop more than 1 totem down.
    And -- on any of my characters (hunter/paladin/rogue/warlock/shaman) -- when I'm soloing, or right before a raid boss pull, I like to cast more than one spell or use more than one ability, too. I just don't expect to do it all in one global.

Totems serve a different function now: they're powerful cooldowns rather than generic raid buffs. Prior to MoP, you almost always had a totem of each element down for any pull that mattered. Now you use them more tactically and the difference they make is far more dramatic than just, "oh, here's a haste/mastery/etc. buff for the group."

i kept hearing stories about how all of these shaman were complaining about having to drop totems and now that that was fixed now half the complainers seem to want the ability to drop them back...shouldnt have been messed with in the 1st place imo.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    i kept hearing stories about how all of these shaman were complaining about having to drop totems and now that that was fixed now half the complainers seem to want the ability to drop them back...shouldnt have been messed with in the 1st place imo.
    That's two stories.

During 1vs1 i'd like to have the option to drop multiple totems at once, dropping Searing / Healing Stream / Earthbind at once would be very nice, i would save 2 GCD's with this.

The ability to drop multiple totems at once is no longer a required ability as in the past, since situations are not as often where you want to drop 4 totems at once but there are a few situations where this ability would make a difference.

Personally i don't think it would be too strong, most totems need time to bring their full effect and have a CD, an enemy can cut this effect by destroying it, similiar to a Priests Psyfiend.

Honestly should have made something like this a talent or even a CD. Obviously it would be powerful, but I find the lv 45 talents to be incredibly lacking and this would be a step in the right direction of changing them. On the other hand being able to do so now would be pretty intense based on how nearly every shaman totem is a CD not passive sticks anymore.

As I said though would be awesome to see, especially in the lv 45 talents.