View Poll Results: What's with hunters yo?

Voters
96. This poll is closed
  • Hunters are prone to rage / aggression issues.

4 4.17%
  • Hunters anre mainly played by children.

6 6.25%
  • Hunters are the most common / best ganking class.

12 12.50%
  • Hunters hate / are jealous of warlocks.

5 5.21%
  • You're just crazy; this only happens to you.

40 41.67%
  • I have another idea.

13 13.54%
  • Lets all just hug.

32 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Are hunters more prone to rage / aggression issues or do they hate warlocks a LOT?

My wife and I play a pair of undead 90 warlocks. As we've leveled up, earned Loremaster and done dailies for all the Pandaren factions on an RPPVP server, we've gained a lot of experience with ganking.

Id honestly say 8-9 times out of 10, if we're going to get attacked / ganked.... we get attacked by a hunter (most others are shadow priests or death knights). Tons of alliance just pass us by time and time again... but man those hunters just cant resist! Everyone I know has noticed it on their own too.

Now, getting attacked doesn't bother us. Sometimes we lose... sometimes we win; but we're ALWAYS pestered by random hunters who attack us.

When we were leveling, we'd get attacked by hunters our level and blown away by higher level ones. Now that we're 90, it has no signs of stopping. What made me finally write this was today we were attacked by FOUR different hunters for no reason.

What makes things more strange is this. If someone tries to gank us and loses, they leave. If someone ganks us and wins, they usually leave. I'd say at least half the hunters who attack us and lose CANNOT accept they've lost. They'll come back and die 3 or 4 times MORE before deciding to move on. The ones who win, will camp us until I spirit res or just log out.

So I'm curious... Are hunters crazy? Am I on a server full of special hunters? Do hunters hold a grudge against warlocks?

Are they just the best ganking class now? Its bizarre.

Deleted
    A RPPVP Server*

10+ Year Old Account
    So you feel that hunters on an RP server are what? Roll playing what?

I sometimes wonder if it's because when you're a Hunter, attacking something is just a matter of right clicking on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySteve View Post
    I think hunters are delicious to the core, i think the problem is that you play on a RP server, all the weird people is there, server transfer will fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySteve View Post
    jee i dont know..... maybe HUNTING??
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howling Wind View Post
    jee i dont know..... maybe HUNTING??
    So all the people on a roll playing server roll play as all sorts of things that seem to be far more important than killing other people all the time.

Yet, hunters pretend that they... hunt. Therefore they all run around just shooting people over and over. That's kinda funny and would also relate to my original question to be honest.

Eh, I think it may just be random luck, overpopulation of hunters on your server, or maybe just there is an overabundance of asses playing on the server.

Really, on RPPvP servers, there really is no RP, (or a very much minimum of it) so I can't see that being an issue.

It may be the detection thing, as in, a hunter sees you on his tracking and just finds it easier to kill ya.

Either way, probably just bad luck on your end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiemcliff View Post
    It may be the detection thing, as in, a hunter sees you on his tracking and just finds it easier to kill ya.
    That never even occurred to me for some reason. I've never played one so didn't think much about it. That's interesting.

I think it is true. I play hunter on a PVP server, and when I am out in the world I always have Track Humanoids on. Just to see where are the alliance and prevent to be ganked.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusokat View Post
    A RPPVP Server*
    No, it's "an."
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

well good part of u getting attacked by hunters very often, is the truth that most warlocks are freekills to hunters.

Deleted
    You're crazy/reading into coincidences.

And yes hunters are good at no resiliece pvp since things die before we run out of focus

Deleted
    Eh, I think it may just be random luck, overpopulation of hunters on your server, or maybe just there is an overabundance of asses playing on the server.
    Yeah people that PVP on a PVP server are such arseholes ffs!!!!!! !

i play a hunter myself. i also play a rogue and a druid at 90.

i like to kill hordes when i see them around, whatever lvl they are. however, i always leave after killing them once, unless they come back for revenge.

but i have never had any special grudge against warlock. more warriors.

A combination of things, really.

-Confirmation bias: you've noticed it, and keep noticing evidence that proves your theory whilst ignoring evidence which contradicts it.

-Track Humanoids: Hunters find it easier to actually find opposite faction players to kill. Especially when flying around the world.

-Population: Hunters have always been a popular class. While there's usually a fairly even split between the classes (usually 1-2% between them), Hunters are usually at the top end of the popularity scale.

-RP: As has been stated, while there may be many on an RP server who don't explicitly RP, they may still have a rough idea of what their character is and does. Hunters are, thematically... Well, Hunters. Stalking their prey and going for the kill. It could be a subconscious thing, but it could affect this somewhat.

Overall though, I'm going to be honest: I'm pretty sure it's mostly just confirmation bias.

Hunters are a relatively popular class. They're not Druids or Paladins, but their numbers have been holding steadily for a while. So you're statistically more likely to see Hunters around.

Now, you mentioned you and your wife play Undead Warlocks. That combination ought to draw some in-character hate from the roleplaying crowd, which could account for a little more of the aggression.

But to be perfectly honest, it's probably just selection bias combined with random luck and the fact BM hunters have been pretty decent for ganking people in Mists. You do indeed see more hunters than you'd expect on average, but end up remembering way more of those encounters because you're expecting them. Very little to do with Hunters themselves.

EDIT: well, look at the post before mine. What a coincidence. =P
    Last edited by Holtzmann; 2013-01-02 at 09:10 AM.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Deleted
    It's more likely that hunter being good burst in MoP caused an influx of PvPers to play it.

As a hunter i have "track humanoids" on most of the time. When i see a red dot with white edge i just can't resist. It's been like this since i started playing 6 years ago. I also do it on my DK while daily questing... when i see some ally marked for PvP (im on a pve realm now) i try to kill him. Often i have died 3-4 times, but i always come back.

I dont think its agression. Last time i did it was 2-3 months ago on my lvl 30 pally for the double agent achievement. I saw a flagged horde hunter and killed him. The girl that was questing with me asked "Why do you do this to the poor kid?", my answer was "He needs to learn to hate the Alliance"...

A hunter is nothing... without a hunt.