Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

end of an era the last ps2 system 2000-2012

http://consumerist.com/2012/12/28/th...2-has-shipped/

for 12 yrs is was one of my favorite system better that xbox !

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2012/...n-the-console/

and i want to give a send off for 12 yrs to a friend RIP PS2

Until It's Time For You To Go Neil Diamond

Neil Diamond- You Are The Best Part of Me (LYRICS)

Randy Richards - There's Always A Goodbye

Kaledon - Good Bye My Friend
    Last edited by WNYIRISHGUY; 2012-12-30 at 04:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My life has no meaning anymore...

Well, not really, I mean, they stopped making new games long long ago. But the PS2 will always be my favorite console.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    playstation 2 you will be part of my childhood as well to ps1 you are to me the best system better that nintendo,sega,microsoft

rip my friend !

I should go and pick up one of those slim ones.
    My original one still works great, the big bulky one! Think I got it shortly after it came out.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    is fell like were invited to a funeral for a friend that for 12 yrs that revolutionist gaming and the system will be miss and to the person who have the last system cherish it like a child and take care and honor it because is part of history and etch to wall of gaming history

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 09:01 PM ----------

remember the ps2

Top 10 : Playstation 2 / PS2 Games of All Time

IGNs Best PS2 Game of All Time

The very last shipment of PlayStation 2 units to Japanese retailers is out the door, and the prolific console is now discontinued in the country. As Famitsu reports, production of the venerable black box ceased today nearly 13 years after its launch on March 4, 2000.

While the original PlayStation sits in and around the 100 million mark, the PS2 built upon that success to sell over 150 million units worldwide and dominate its generation. Its long life in Japan is a testament to it comfortably being the best-selling home console ever.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 09:08 PM ----------

The Complete History of the Sony PlayStation

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 09:22 PM ----------

Sony Playstation 2 Launch Event (October 2000) Underground
    Last edited by WNYIRISHGUY; 2012-12-30 at 02:08 AM.

This is definitely a sad day. PS2 was probably the best system Sony came out with, mainly because it was backwards compatible, which is something sorely missed with the PS3 (which is why I never bought any of that generation of console). I still have my PS2 (well, is my older sister's that she just left when she moved out, so I took it for my own).

I never owned one. Maybe get a cheap used one oneday

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    i am still sad and mourning of a great video games system and from what i reading * news and forum * everyone is shock and mourning !

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 11:30 PM ----------

Playstation 2 Retired | Over 150 Million Units Sold since March of 2000
    Last edited by WNYIRISHGUY; 2012-12-30 at 04:24 AM.

I love PS2. mine is still working but not smoothly... i don't know what happened. The games still run but after around 2 hours of using it, it freezes >.< PS2 will always be my favorite console

I'm glad that I still have mine. Gotta go down to the shops and pick up as many games as I can while they're on sale lol.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 04:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shaia View Post
    I love PS2. mine is still working but not smoothly... i don't know what happened. The games still run but after around 2 hours of using it, it freezes >.< PS2 will always be my favorite console
    Maybe its overheating, try dusting out the air vents with compressed air.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

One of the reasons that PS2 was succesfull were the gigantic amount of games and gametypes available, thanks to the fact that making new games didn't cost so much and you weren't instantly bankrupt unless the game sold in millions. It also dared to be a console instead of dumbed down PC, a vicious change we all can thank Microsoft for.

Deleted
    I still have 2 fully functioning PS2! /flex

I was more shocked that they're still rolling games out for the thing, given it'd been a long time since I actually sold a new PS2 prior to leaving games retail I figured they'd stopped making them some time in 2010! Reminds me of that sad period at the tail end of PS1 when they insisted on rolling out piss-poor ports of FIFA every year rather than just killing the thing humanely & stopping production of games for it.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

I still use mine more often than my ps3. The amount of RPGs on the PS3 is just laughable. I am with Wilian that the reason for the PS2s success was the vast amount of different titles. When I had money and wanted to play something I could find something. I have about 8-10 games for the PS3 and that will probably not increase by much. It seems that all the PS3 has are FPS,Racing and Sportsgames. Pretty much the genres I just cant stand playing.

10+ Year Old Account

I gave mine away this summer. My favorite console next to the SNES. I think I went through 3 PS2s. Truly the end of an era.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn GG!!! My slim PS2 is in a gym bag in a closet collecting dust

R.I.P old friend, I will never forget the memories from playing Resident Evil Code Veronica, Resident Evil 4, GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas, Devil May Cry 1-3, FF10, True Crime NYC & LA, GUN, Metal Gear...
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

I remember getting my ps2 for Christmas the year it came out. Was an awesome feeling opening it, had it for years and years, still play ps2 games on my ps3.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

I still have (and use ) my collection

^ heh yeah, I've got a ps3, ps2 and psp just missing a psx >.>
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    ^ heh yeah, I've got a ps3, ps2 and psp just missing a psx >.>
    For some strange reason i never wanted to buy a psp , not sure why :/