Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Im betting some way for 25man raiders to increase their VP caps. So eg "25man raiders can earn 2000vp a week, 25man bosses drop substantially more VP".
    2000 seems a bit much 1500 would be more like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    2000 seems a bit much 1500 would be more like it.
    Perhaps, that would probably be nice, since then you can fully upgrade an item each week.

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    I don't like playing with 3-5 keyboard turners doing 50% of my DPS. I prefer playing with 9 competent people. So sue me.
    So you like it easy? This is why achievements and gear need to be different, people who like it easy like you shouldn't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    They can't make 25 man too attractive now, or a lot of players will be very upset. It's easy to go from 25 to 10, but from 10 to 25 is a nearly impossible task, especially if half the 10 man guilds are trying to do so all at the same time.
    see and the bold part is the PROBLEM!!!

As a 25 man heroic raider I don't feel like I need any more incentive to raid the format I enjoy raiding, but if they insist on giving us something to make the format more popular I'd like cauldrons and mass summon back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    So you like it easy? This is why achievements and gear need to be different, people who like it easy like you shouldn't complain.
    I think you have a seriously warped idea of where raid difficulty should come from.

It shouldn't come from dragging along incompetent players. 25-mans are seriously undertuned because they need to account for 30% of the DPS not knowing their asses from their elbows.

And 25-mans are always easier. You have three combat resurrections, you have a gazillion raid cooldowns, and losing one DPS or one healer is no big deal. Lose one person in 10-man, and you're not killing it.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Deleted
    I think you have a seriously warped idea of where raid difficulty should come from.

It shouldn't come from dragging along incompetent players. 25-mans are seriously undertuned because they need to account for 30% of the DPS not knowing their asses from their elbows.

And 25-mans are always easier. You have three combat resurrections, you have a gazillion raid cooldowns, and losing one DPS or one healer is no big deal. Lose one person in 10-man, and you're not killing it.
    This post would be cool if every 10 man heroic DPS check this tier hasn't been trivial.

I would guess free healthcare for 25 man raid leaders and guild officers that have to deal with 20+ extremely whiny raiders that don't have to do anything other than show up.

Though I'm half serious about my above comment, I really don't see why they would need to add anything...plenty of people still raid 25s because they like them, and bribing 25 mans to form with something silly like one more drop per boss, more VP per boss, items coming with the VP upgrades already on them, etc, is only bribing people to do them for rewards, not to participate and work as a team in a larger group. Unless they do something game-breaking, like 25 mans can reset halfway through the week or something, then nothing is going to change in regards to 25 mans for the better. As a current 10 man raider I personally don't give a rats ass if it's the former, as I'm pretty sure that is what was hinted at.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    As a 25 man heroic raider I don't feel like I need any more incentive to raid the format I enjoy raiding, but if they insist on giving us something to make the format more popular I'd like cauldrons and mass summon back.
    THis sounds fair to me. Giving out higher item lvls or more upgrades on top of already best possible progression in the game would be too much.

If they only separate the achievements, like realm firsts, etc, it's good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Moohorn View Post
    - More gear drops per person
    - More battle resses
    - Less personal accountability per person

The only (and admittedly big) drawback to 25 man raiding is gathering the people. Seeing as how groups are already able to do so, I don't really see why they need anything else to make it easier / more attractive.
    -More competition in gear
    -More chances for someone to fail, no matter what people are claiming even 1 death on 25 man means a wipe on heroic modes. Until you are farming the content with higher gear.

Different title/mount rewards for the 10/25 man should be ideal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    This post would be cool if every 10 man heroic DPS check this tier hasn't been trivial.
    We're not talking about heroic raids. Most serious progression guilds do 25-mans anyway. We're talking about normal raiding.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

As i already said. I did 3 weeks of 25 man raiding at the start of this Tier. You are plain wrong. The 3 combat resses don't mean shit when the platforms for everything are crowded with people trying to avoid AoE. Resto Shaman with mastery are worthless in 25 man since people are not stacked up. Bosses like Windlord and the Vizier are a nightmare.

Most of the people that tried going 25 man were good as well. Most of us are breezing through 10 man now with 7-8 heroic kills. I got the Will of the Emperor cutting edge over 2 weeks ago. 10 man are easy mode.

My thought would be that they will open current tier 25m raids to cross realm. It would really help people get enough players for a 25m team and at the same time offer no "nerf" to 10m as they already have their teams on their servers and could just keep doing what they are doing. While for 25m teams it would make it that much easier to fill a roster each and every week.

To me this make the most sense as a way to help 25m raids and not hurt 10m raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Gara'jal says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran
    I got the Will of the Emperor cutting edge over 2 weeks ago.
    Two whole weeks ago? Well damn, that's like world first, or at least close... right? What's that? Any heroic boss in MSV is a complete joke now, your argument is terrible, and the fact that you only so recently killed it makes you sound bad?

...Carry on with this warped idea that 10 mans are easy and you're amazing because you can plow through relatively old content with close to full BiS gear at this point, probably ignoring or skipping half the phases (lol@no phase 3 heroic elegon).
    Last edited by Escapist; 2013-01-02 at 05:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halsynd View Post
    It cant be higher ilvl, that would destroy 10mans, people raid for a reason, and its for the better gear they offer, putting higher ilvl on 25 mans only would make a majority of 10man raiders switch to 25mans.

Higher ilvl isnt the answer and i hope they're not going for that.
    I would've thought people raid for the challenges being offered, not for the better gear. Thanks for proving me wrong!
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Escapist View Post
    Gara'jal says hi.
    The fight Paragon killed with 3 healers and 2 tanks when every other 10 man guild said it was impossible with a 2 tank 2 healer setup? The same fight Paragon said had an "easy enrage timer"?

I'm not going to say all 10s are easier, they are not but almost all of the time the enrage is not the difficult thing about 10 mans.

We're not talking about heroic raids. Most serious progression guilds do 25-mans anyway. We're talking about normal raiding.
    Who's we? And why are they only talking about normal raiding, when normal raiding is quite easy for a well managed group of players?

I dont think higher ilvl is going to happen, Blizzard will be shooting themselves in the foot if they do that. I have a feeling its going to be something like 25 man only special mounts, achievements, etc.