Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Check what the penalty is for forfeiting a pet battle right after starting it.
    Waiting for the backlash...
    Developers think that backstabbing in battle, so you lose more battles than you win, just because the server force the situation makes winning more rewarding.

People think that just because most battles are cheated so they will lose anyway isn't making the time they win more rewarding, just because they are artificially made rare.

Developers create a way to FORCE people to lose battles, so they great vision can be fulfilled.

Next chapter: People get angry and leave, and the developers have to admit their vision ALWAYS sucked.

TL;DR: Why the hell the developers thing that EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of the game have to be a conquest against impossible odds as Heroic Raids?

Pet Battles isn't there to be a competition, it's there to be a relaxing activity. I don't want it to be made harder and more time-consuming, I want to enjoy a quicker and simple reward.

486 for new LFR!

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Waiting for the backlash...
    Developers think that backstabbing in battle, so you lose more battles than you win, just because the server force the situation makes winning more rewarding.

People think that just because most battles are cheated so they will lose anyway isn't making the time they win more rewarding, just because they are artificially made rare.

Developers create a way to FORCE people to lose battles, so they great vision can be fulfilled.

Next chapter: People get angry and leave, and the developers have to admit their vision ALWAYS sucked.

TL;DR: Why the hell the developers thing that EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of the game have to be a conquest against impossible odds as Heroic Raids?

Pet Battles isn't there to be a competition, it's there to be a relaxing activity. I don't want it to be made harder and more time-consuming, I want to enjoy a quicker and simple reward.
    What actually is the penalty? o.o

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    486 for new LFR!
    That's the new iLvL requirement?

Interacting with objects is bugged at the moment so there won't be much that you can do till a new build.

486 for new LFR!
    Ok I have a small problem with this. Knowing that I begin to agree that it will take WAY too long to advance to the next tier, should Blizzard not do anything to change the rate of gear acquisition in LFR. I'm in almost BiS LFR/Valor gear and I am barely 487. Just the valor gear alone that I have would take 6-8 weeks to get because of the Valor cap.

If Blizzard is going to stick to the "progression" style of raiding, where new players are expected to use LFR to catch up to the current Tier, then they need to make it faster to reach the level required to enter the next Tier's LFR. 2-4 weeks for a new player to catch up is ok. Being stuck in a prior Tier for 6-10 weeks is too long.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    What actually is the penalty? o.o
    If you decide to quit a battle, EVERY PET on your team loses a part of its HP. So if you restart the battle, all of them start hurt. Make it so the times when the pet that start the battle on the NPC's side will lead you to a sure defeat 4 or 5 times, before you get the right starting pet, and you will have the formula of being forced to heal you pets constantly or fight just to lose.

YAY, so much fun!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, I've seen people who were ~485 item level that only did LFR. 5.0 VP rewards are 489, the 5.1 ones are 496, and I assume the newer ones will be 502+ (or whatever the current tier's item level will be). In addition to being able to upgrade gear, I can see a person being able to reach 486 without stepping foot into a "real" raid.

That being said, they may lower the requirement the same way they did with heroics early on and with initial LFR (I recall LFR requirement being higher in Beta).

Hope this patch fixes the LFR lootsystem.

10+ Year Old Account
    hate to be "That guy" but I wanna test the Disc stuff, and my priest isn't 90 yet. Seems I can't find the EU Premade copies, anyone know if they exist yet? Or is this PTR our chars only?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    What is there to fix?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Fix what? Your bad luck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is the island above townlong steepes rotating? :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Why is the island above townlong steepes rotating? :S
    ...That's no Island... IT'S-
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    If you decide to quit a battle, EVERY PET on your team loses a part of its HP. So if you restart the battle, all of them start hurt. Make it so the times when the pet that start the battle on the NPC's side will lead you to a sure defeat 4 or 5 times, before you get the right starting pet, and you will have the formula of being forced to heal you pets constantly or fight just to lose.

YAY, so much fun!!!!!
    Okay, that's superdumb. >.<
    The fact that people were restarting pet battles till they got the right combination should've told the devs something. Namely, that not knowing which pet you're going to fight first is a massive pain. Pet battles are all about playing rock-paper-scissors, they're not skill-based scenarios where a randomised pet order adds a compelling element of challenge. Random pet orders in the hardest battles are just going to mean you lose because RNG arbitrarily decided your strategy isn't going to work this time.

Blargh. I hope they revert it. The solution to this problem was to cut out the thing that annoyed players in the first place, not to punish players for trying to get around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    486 for new LFR!
    I'm assuming you mean 486 to queue for it? Sounds good, but I had expected it to be a tiny bit lower. But then again, PTR is PTR, and it JUST opened.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-01-02 at 09:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    ...That's no Island... IT'S-

....What are we talking about here!?!?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Is it possible to transmog different Weapon Types @ Ptr ? (1h mace -> dagger as example)

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    What is there to fix?
    You know, the fix where they just mail you your purples when you log in.