Thread: PTR is up!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    it does work if you cast it on a target i just tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Almex View Post
    Just tryed couldnt transmorq any weapons into other weapons which aint the same kind, like only polearm into Polearms and so on ..
    Hopefully that means the changes are not fully implemented then because it works with the one hander's and I am fairly sure they used polearms to staves in one of the tweets as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Why is it going to get nerfed? Or so you think? It's pretty similar to Druid's Solar Beam. Cast on target, radius silence. Only extra advantage is that it benefits against melee as well. Im still choosing charging ox wave or leg sweep unless you can walk out of ring of peace and still be silenced/disarmed for that period of time
    I really don't get how people are missing this. If you cast it on yourself, any caster can just stand 9 yards away and shoot you to their hearts content. It certainly won't save you from Enhancement Shamans who know about it. Also, any class with an on-demand knockback (are Monks really the only class whose knockback requires enemy participation?) can just push you out of it.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I really don't get how people are missing this. If you cast it on yourself, any caster can just stand 9 yards away and shoot you to their hearts content. It certainly won't save you from Enhancement Shamans who know about it. Also, any class with an on-demand knockback (are Monks really the only class whose knockback requires enemy participation?) can just push you out of it.
    You can't push someone out of it because the ring moves with the person it was targeted on.

Death grip ppl out from it

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    You can't push someone out of it because the ring moves with the person it was targeted on.
    Which wasnt very clear in the tooltip till i reread a few times. Now the question is how obvious the ring of peace animation is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Which wasnt very clear in the tooltip till i reread a few times. Now the question is how obvious the ring of peace animation is
    I'll make a screenshot in a second if someone doesn't beat me to it. It's similar to the old Priest's Sanctuary. Pretty simple but flashy.
    Last edited by mmoc9f36a84b59; 2013-01-02 at 09:58 PM.

And if "can be targeted on anyone" holds, then the easy way to shut down your enemy is to target it on them. They can't run out of it that way.

According to GC's twitter, monks needed a "drastic" improvement because they were completely absent in PvP. So if you think it's OP, that's actually how it's supposed to feel.

Real bummer about missing SE&F. Was really looking forward to seeing what that did.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    OMFG People with this mind set piss me off "omg this ability is too op". Even more so when someone says "it LOOKS op."

Someone confirm or not my suspicion. Ring of Peace, does it simulate Ring of Frost? The ring itself affects you, but if you're in the center of it it doesn't?
    it puts a mobile ring around you or the target and whoever goes in get's disarmed, you could disarm and entire Isle of Conquest team at once with rolls and serpent kick if they were close enough. there isnt a limit on how many
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

It's a 8 second disarm/silence ring with a huge radius that is instant, usable on any target, and moves with them on a 1.5 minutes cooldown.

Sorry if my mind set upsets you, but that is bloody overpowered. If placed properly in a 3v3 setting you can burst down anything in its duration and the enemy team can literally do nothing about it.

8 seconds is an eternity in pvp.
    You're right. Hey lets start nerfing everything thats op in 3v3. Hey lets do 2v2 also. Arena is incredibly unbalanced regardless. Things that are not op become op in 3v3. Remember Hunter/Ele Shaman teams? In an RBG setting, or 5v5 those 2 classes can't do crap together. But keeping on monks. Zen Med is also superly op in 3v3 if used properly. Lets nerf it. I have already excepted the fact that people who can't tell what is op and what isn't will QQ this ability into the ground, then it will be nerfed, and become un-usable. Now, the ring is 8 YARDS. That is a small radius in reality. The people within the ring are only silenced and disarmed "In the ring". Anyone with a brain can get away from the monk before it goes off, except for melee of course. A caster will just kite the monk preventing it's use unless the monk uses his mobility to catch the caster and use it. Lets take a mage for example. I go for the mage he blinks away and ccs me, I nimble brew the cc and flying serpent kick at him, he pops ice block as I hit him. His team mates are focusing my team, I go to help them, using Ring and the mage is free to cast. I can't cc anyone beyond Paralyze or Fists cause its either Leg Sweep, Ring, or Ox Wave.

Different use, say I cast it on the mage. Good now the mage is silenced for 8 seconds. Unless his team stacks, it won't affect them at all. But he is silenced for 8 seconds(if it affects the one you use it on). Say his warrior team mate charges me and I ring him or myself to disarm him, the mage and healer start free casting. If I use it on the healer, then the war and mage kite/pop defensive cds until the ring ends. Not to mention "silenced" does not mean "I can't use anything" Many classes can still use defensive cds while silenced, but nothing that can heal them.

Think about it before QQing. The ability is not op. The ability is perfectly balanced. What is powerful is it's combos. But not in arena, what it can do in RBGs.

DK grasps everyone around the flag node/efc. The monk then throws the ring on the dk. Every enemy is now in the ring, and silenced and disarmed by it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    More to the point guys, does SF&E or whatever attack your current target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    This thread is not even two pages long and you already failed to read through it, SE&F isn't in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Not available on the ptr yet unfortunately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    This thread is not even two pages long and you already failed to read through it, SE&F isn't in yet.
    Tried using a /cast macro for it?

Just did some tests with Ring.

1: The range is not very big. It's 8 yards. No not large.

2: Anyone in the ring is instantly disarmed and silenced. If they leave the ring during the 8 secs, they can cast and get their weapons back. If they re-enter the ring, they are re-silenced and disarmed.

3: It does affect the person the ring is placed on if it's an enemy target.

Shall I begin the explaining of how this isn't op?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

The line between powerful and OP is a thin one. You can't really make that determination until people actually start using it. At any rate, it sounds OP, and that will hopefully get monks PvPing.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Seems like they added the Transmog changes too you can transmog axes into swords or maces but fist weapons get owned and can still only be transmoged to other fist weapons.
    Lame... i want to mog fist weaps on my ele.
    do what you feel.

Did they fix the bug so those of us who were in BETAs can't play PTR or they still too terrible to fix that issue?

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Personally I would like to have less CC in the game. I would like it if instead of a 3rd CC for that tier that they give us an option for CC protection like icebound fortitude gives protection from stuns.