Thread: PTR is up!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Counter? I don't believe that. Most classes don't have a purge and dispells are now on an 8s CD. Paladins can bubble. Monks can ToK right back. (As you said.) That's all I can think of aside from "just don't do damage to them until the big shiny symbol disappears."
    Dks can Shell, it is magic damage.
    Rogues can cloak/vanish
    ect
    ect

All classes have a counter to it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Dks can Shell, it is magic damage.
    Rogues can cloak/vanish
    ect
    ect

All classes have a counter to it.
    etc etc?
    I don't think ToK is OP but you can't really make an argument saying etc. Lol
    And considering you could just... you know, stop attacking the monk instead of wasting defensive cd's, should probably stop telling people that they don't know how to deal with abilities. lol

You know, everyone is talking about pvp implications.

And I'm just sitting here, thinking about how this will be amazing in PvE.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post

Could be pretty insane for challenge modes, would let you pull a couple groups at the same time and disarm them all - unless there's a hidden target cap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Could be pretty insane for challenge modes, would let you pull a couple groups at the same time and disarm them all - unless there's a hidden target cap.
    shhhh. They listen to every nectar filled secret.

Deleted
    etc etc?
    And considering you could just... you know, stop attacking the monk instead of wasting defensive cd's, should probably stop telling people that they don't know how to deal with abilities. lol
    The damage is so pitiful anyway since it doubledips on resilience that I'm not sure why you would ever want to use a defensive ability just because of ToK ...

etc etc?
    Really good try to make me look stupid. To bad it didn't work.

1: I already said ToK isn't op.

2: Ect..ect... means there are other classes who can stop it's damage, but I'm not gonna list every single one.

3: Switch targets? My god, as a monk I never thought someone could just switch off me. /sarcasm Most people don't switch off the monk cause they don't even notice ToK is active. Plus if people are focusing the monk they will just blow through it's threshold.

4: Who actually uses ToK for it's damage? I haven't used it as a source of damage in pvp since........well I never have. I have it as a defensive cd.

5: Against a monk, Anti-Magic shell, or Vanish, are not defensive cds unless he has ToK active. Monks main damage is physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    2: Ect..ect... means there are other classes who can stop it's damage, but I'm not gonna list every single one.
    That's because you can't. Or the list is going to include very inconvenient additions such as "Ice Block."

Just to reinforce my original point, I don't think ToK is overpowered, but there isn't a "make it trivial" countermeasure for most classes.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    That's because you can't. Or the list is going to include very inconvenient additions such as "Ice Block."

Just to reinforce my original point, I don't think ToK is overpowered, but there isn't a "make it trivial" countermeasure for most classes.
    I mean without using 5 min cds. Not even a new pvper will Ice Block ToK. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Question, if you use Ring of peace on an enemy is it dispellable?(by another person in their group)

Also What happens when two monks who are fighting each other both use ToK at the same time?Would it just keep reflecting each others damage or....?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    (Insert convincing argument about how Ring of Peace is not OP right here, along with convincing arguments and supporting data of Monks being underrepresented in PvP. Except I'm not going to type it out because I can already tell by the thread that it won't go anywhere.)

In more serious news, I've heard very good things about how well the Mastery is scaling, and that it's been quite a good damage buff

Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    (Insert convincing argument about how Ring of Peace is not OP right here, along with convincing arguments and supporting data of Monks being underrepresented in PvP. Except I'm not going to type it out because I can already tell by the thread that it won't go anywhere.)

In more serious news, I've heard very good things about how well the Mastery is scaling, and that it's been quite a good damage buff
    Seeing how good Haste and Mastery synergize with each other, Crit will probably again fall out of favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post

How? Disarming doesn't do much in PvE. The AE silence could be nice situationally, but remember you're giving up Leg Sweep for it. That doesn't seem like a good tradeoff to me.

Nah. It's a PvP talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    How? Disarming doesn't do much in PvE. The AE silence could be nice situationally, but remember you're giving up Leg Sweep for it. That doesn't seem like a good tradeoff to me.

Nah. It's a PvP talent.
    Run into caster mob.

Cast RoP

Drag it back to where you want it to be.

As a tank, this is essentially the best thing ever.

Couldn't you just like, interrupt it? Then it'll follow you for 5 secs. Again, you're giving up leg sweep for this. Leg sweep is awesome.

If you're talking about pulling a whole group of casters, I guess it would be nice there. But you can always LOS pull and keep Leg Sweep which, again, is pretty much mandatory in challenge modes.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Ring of Peace isn't OP, not in its current state. Powerful, but its not uncounterable. Extremely powerful. Besides, having a disarm and a silence lumped into the same skill promotes skillful play. Do I ring their healer? Do I ring mine to peel the feral and warrior off? Do i ring the warrior? Etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ring of Peace isn't OP, not in its current state. Powerful, but its not uncounterable. Extremely powerful. Besides, having a disarm and a silence lumped into the same skill promotes skillful play. Do I ring their healer? Do I ring mine to peel the feral and warrior off? Do i ring the warrior? Etc.
    So.... you're agreeing with me then. I'm not sure why you're making it sound like you disagree with me when I state that the argument I'd make is that it's not OP

Deleted
    Ring of Peace. Can be cast on enemies and it affectes them. It's OP.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    So.... you're agreeing with me then. I'm not sure why you're making it sound like you disagree with me when I state that the argument I'd make is that it's not OP
    Yeah agreeing with you lol. Was just clarifying how I felt about the spell, because as you said people are gonna claim its extremely OP. It really is just a strangulate if you think about it - unless you are in a setting where they can't avoid not standing in it, such as piling on the EFC in an RBG for example.
    But yes, I agree with you, didn't mean to sound like I disagreed. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah agreeing with you lol. Was just clarifying how I felt about the spell, because as you said people are gonna claim its extremely OP. It really is just a strangulate if you think about it - unless you are in a setting where they can't avoid not standing in it, such as piling on the EFC in an RBG for example.
    But yes, I agree with you, didn't mean to sound like I disagreed. :P
    Get a dk to grip and either a Vortex or Ring of Frost and throw Ring of Peace and hear the nerfs roar:}
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose