Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    For me, a more sophisticated character customization system. It's amazing how sparse WoW's system is when in-depth customization is a standardized and default feature of all other f2p mmo's present and future. I mean, for $15 a month it should be a given. Just really sad to see how slow Blizz is when it comes to implementing certain features that people would think would be included when the game first came out. Took 4 expansions before AoE looting was added and it's not something as pivotal as inventing the wheel.
    More character customization would be nice, but I understand it takes time for Blizzard to do that on an 8 year old engine (older, I think) where 10 million players will riot if the new models don't look the way they want (and new models are required to expand character customization). I think some games get carried away with it with brow, eyebrow, eye size, eye distance, eye height, nose width, nose bridge, nose width, cheekbone, upper lip, lower lip, ears, jaw line, chin, sliders. Nobody is looking at their character's face that much.

Also, look at WoW's requirements. Look at the newer MMOs. Blizz is really accessible and they try to keep that. Still, when the new models are released, I hope we see some more customization for them!

My input?

I'd like to see Blizzard approach, polish, and refine the concept of the Diplomacy system from Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. It was a genius idea to try and implement into an MMO and it's long overdue, but I didn't care for the card game style implementation so much. Still, it definitely added a mini game to spend time on and could actually have an impact on the game, so if Blizz could make it work, I'm sure they could do it with quality!

Deleted
    I don't know if this is done in any game, but world events that dirrectly affect the daily ingame life of players.

Such as stormwind becoming flooded, causing the trade area to temporarily close and npcs walking on the roofs.
    Such as a huge (really huge, that you can see from miiless away) demon attacking a capital city. There was a Doomguardlordthingie doing this back in the days, I think it was in 2.0. It was quite cool, but it should be a unique event that only happened once, took a LONG time and then never again.
    Such as Thunder Bluff being attacked by angry wyverns that will grab players and toss them off the bluff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    I don't know if this is done in any game, but world events that dirrectly affect the daily ingame life of players.

Such as stormwind becoming flooded, causing the trade area to temporarily close and npcs walking on the roofs.
    Such as a huge (really huge, that you can see from miiless away) demon attacking a capital city. There was a Doomguardlordthingie doing this back in the days, I think it was in 2.0. It was quite cool, but it should be a unique event that only happened once, took a LONG time and then never again.
    Such as Thunder Bluff being attacked by angry wyverns that will grab players and toss them off the bluff.
    You just described RIFT, but without the flooding, they have invaders killing quest npc's and dragons attacking the cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always liked the Fellowship Manoeuvres in LotRo. IMO they always played a huge role when it came to teamwork and having fun in instances and I think it would be great addition to WoW also and could be quite easily balanced.

A Fellowship (= 5 people group in WoW) Manoeuvre (FM) (formerly named Conjunction) is a Fellowship-based group attack that can be very powerful if coordinated well. Different ordered contribution combinations will result in different Fellowship Manoeuvres.

Here's a short video guide about the manoeuvres:
    youtube.com/watch?v=mlLLbdgBVEM

RIFT's complete separation of raid sizes (e.g. different 10 mans from 25 mans, like in TBC, Karazhan was 10-man only, BT etc. were 25-man only)

15+ Year Old Account
    - Legacy from TOR
    - Boss mechanics from Tera
    - buffing of individual spells from CoH/V (vanilla had it... sort of, when you raided AQ and got the bosses to drop the 6th or 7th rank of a class's ability)
    - armor styles like Tera ---> The way each set individually looks different on each race/gender as opposed to WoW were there are only minor changes. Such as changes to compensate larger bodies of taurin and draenei or show more skin on females. I think the first time I had this issue was when I came back from a 2month break in the middle of LK and everyone in dal had T9 on and everyone looked the same. Drove me crazy...

I know the game might be unknown to some of you... but I really enjoyed the combo/timed hit system from Phantasy Star Online that many of the classes could use; especially the melee and hunter classes.

Say for instance the melee had a double sided lightsaber weapon -- you would end up timing your button presses in sequence and end up nailing the mobs for 9 hits if you timed it right. Looked and felt balla.

10+ Year Old Account
    better armor color systems Ala GW2,

and while speaking GW2, individualized loot and exp, as well as resource nodes... Would immediately break any complaints about bot farming in WoW

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 03:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post

That, my friend, was Doom Lord Kazzak back in Vanilla on Kel'Thuzad US (my server). It was a horde hunter and a few of his guildmates who used snares and aspect of the pack to kite him all the way from Blasted Lands into Stormwind. His abilities were so powerful that no one could kill him, since he kept getting more powerful with every kill.

As soon as Blizzard heard about this, they immediately installed the leash system to prevent it from happening again...

I just wish I was not at school that day to see it, I may have died a thousand times, but it would have been one of the most memorable sites I could see.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2013-01-03 at 03:42 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never saw that happen but I did witness Highlord Kruul for the Pre BC world event....sooo damn awesome. SW and IF were piled with corpses.

how about when you put a jewel into weapons and shields sockets you get a glow like this:

I'd like to see questing like in swtor. It makes you feel more involved in the story.

I did the loremaster twice (pre cata / post cata) - would have been cool not only to read questlogs (although it would have taken a lot more time).

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I wish they would add large hubs for players to interact in and access things like banks, auction houses, quests, trainers and other things players need.
    Never heard of Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, Undercity, Dalaran, Shattrath, Stormwind City, Ironforge, Darnassus, Shrine of Two Moons or Shrine of Seven Stars?

The last thing we need is another big hub to stay afk in, people visit trainers once a month to see if the trainer is still there, then they leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guild and player housing. I absolutely would love to spend some time making a house, getting the furniture and placing everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

This feature may not be in any game to date, but i'd want to see them restricting flying in WoW more. Perhaps add a minimum height in where you can go before being instantly dismounted, so people use them wisely to go between zones. And have perhaps 1 town in each zone where you can mount your flying mount to take off. Its just annoying seeing 99% of people flying around like stupid flies flying in circles. No wonder why world PvP died, you can't kill a person on a flying mount, that person is just gonna fly away, and most of the time you wont see the people in your zones when you're on the ground, cause they fly over you. If they´d be on the ground on their ground mount, it would be more easily to start combat with. So that feature would make world PvP more active, especially with CRZ feature now ingame. Then i'd want the honor points to be increased while in the open world and add world PvP specific items. Because I am surely not a fan of stupid arena and RBG. I am not a boss or a minion, I don't want to kill a tank with 3 healers on him just to claim a flag.. Or play the stupid arena.

i want fatalities
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Well it's perfectly possible for them to come up with ideas independently without having to nick them from other games. However I hear some other MMOs have already implemented "buy orders" on the AH, which is something I've thought for ages would be a great addition to WoW.

It'd be nice to get some of the story focus from TOR but really it's just a different kind of game that way. I wouldn't want WoW to stop being WoW.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 05:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    RIFT's complete separation of raid sizes (e.g. different 10 mans from 25 mans, like in TBC, Karazhan was 10-man only, BT etc. were 25-man only)
    Seems like a big step backwards to me. And awkward as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    In most other games players can interact with their environments - what's missing within WoW at present is some way that players or guilds can make a statement - as posted earlier in this thread construction of buildings would be a logical step where a guild could build things that others could see ( such as buildings ).

Take an area designated as possible to build upon and let the players build within that area - materials would have to be brought in such as trees that engineers could harvest to form timber and blacksmiths would be able to supply the components to fit them together ( nails bolts etc ) tailors could fashion the furnishings such as curtains and tapestries, jewelcrafters could supply the glass for the windows, leatherworkers could supply seats and other related items and miners could provide stone for more things such as fireplaces and statues., enchanters could provide lamps and lighting and other items that would be required.

True GUILDS could be introduced such as Stonemasons Weavers and Carpenters just to name a few to supply items and skills others could purchase.

The ability to create gardens and similar would require trips to various parts of Azeroth by Herbalists to collect plants etc that could be purchased exchanged and then planted within those plots similar to how we work the Sunsong Ranch. The plants would need tending until they were established and also require watering on a regular basis to prevent the plants/trees etc from dying - gardens and buildings would have decay options built in where unless tended to they would start to disintegrate over a 21 day period or so requiring maintenance by players.

Creating the buildings and gardens would be personal to a guild like a castle and its grounds it would also be open to damage by interference by an opposing faction and hence a requirement for defence by the guild and or faction that the guild belongs to ( PVP ).

WoW is a closed environment where most achievements are based solely on personal efforts - your only worldly statement goes in being number 1 on the server and how well you do in collecting gold or gear. Being the best geared person or member of a well progressed guild is currently the only way to make yourself have some form of fame.

We have crafting but that only goes as far as fashioning gear for one person to be stronger or better in his progression - we got transmogrification that again provides an individual only a fraction of notice and fame until that fashion is over and the person gets new transmog items - it can only go so far .

To create something that requires co-operation and imagination could help a long way for people to make themselves and their guilds noticed as long as they co-operate in future endeavours to maintain their constructs.

The nearest we got to something like this was the stackable engineering item the Cluster Launcher but its negative impact on Auction houses was notorious in its use.

We can at present place items down such as feasts cauldrons etc which means the ability to create larger structures with placeable items is possible. Creating larger structures would of course require some form of scaffolding that could be removed and again this creates another craft-able item that can be purchased exchanged etc the ability to create structures within certain areas designated would be a new step towards co-operation of not only guilds but factions and provide reasons for people to explore farm and be out in the world collecting things for these constructs.

10+ Year Old Account
    More brain work, less clicking/keyboard hitting activities. Puzzles, Riddles to overcome to get to the next step.
    And, borrowing from itself. Group accomplishments like thee AQ style stuff. It doesn't have to be the entire realm working together. Smaller hubs of players to work together.
    Maybe some settlement, where a number of people are phased together. They have to solve, tend or gather whatever.. I think that would be cool and could create a new push for community sense within the realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    WvWvW from GW2
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cross-character bank and gold like in D3.