Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Since it has nothing to do with the story from the very begining and isn't going to affect anything , it's a filler. The Pantheons are the very begining of WoW.
    They're a retcon introduced in what, Warcraft 3? But whatever.

Stop talking about "filler", your stupid anime terminology makes no sense in relation to WoW. Basically your argument is saying that unless every piece of lore is about the Titans it sucks. Hate to break it to you but Warcraft is about the mortal races, the Titans are just background material. And if we explored Titan lore we'd wind up killing Sargeras in one expansion and that'd be the end of the entire Warcraft franchise - which is another reason why they're never going to take centre stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

This expac has brought more content into the game than any previous expac EVER and you are complaining they can't be asked to make new content?

Jesus christ, some people just literally need to complain to stay alive. OP, please get a reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't feel that they do it to get people to keep paying. People will pay for access per month even if the content was consumed faster...that's what alts are for. They do it for two reasons:

- Gives them time to develop quality content. Quality, not quantity. Quality, not garbage, though I won't pretend every piece of content has been excellent. They've had their mistakes. But it ensures they can release content and be confident that they have some time to design the next pieces.

- Keeps people from burning themselves out excessively. Think about what people say about dailies now. Since the 25 daily limit was removed all we hear is about people who talk about how they're forced to do every single daily they can do instead of picking and choosing. Now, granted, adding charms/VP to the dailies did make the more attractive, but it's the limit removal that made people feel they have to do them. If we had no cap on VP per week you can imagine the nightmare of people who would stay up until 5am every day to get as much VP as they can get, and then they'd blame Blizzard for losing their job or their relationship.
    I'd state again that gating is not specifically required to produce quality content at a decent clip when planned and implemented accurately.

As far as the daily limit goes, it refers back to my previous post where they need to hire a psychologist and/or sociologist to go over their decisions. Removing the daily limit is fine, adding better rewards to it is fine to a degree, removing said rewards from other content so that dailies is the only real option for some things isn't so fine. As far as removing caps from other things like valor, lets just say Blizzard is there to allow people to play their game, they aren't there to babysit how people live their life. I know someone who quit their job when Guild Wars 2 came out, but that was in no way the fault of Guild Wars, it was the fault of that person not having enough self control to manage their own life. The best option would probably be going back to badges though, or some other system where the limit was not quite as obvious. Those at the top of their game would still know it is there, but it eliminates a forced goal from people who normally wouldn't think about it so much.

(ps: I am far more interested in his new misused word of the month being continuum. I think it's an even better word to twist the meaning on than bandwidth myself.)
    Last edited by Goatfish; 2013-01-03 at 06:03 AM.

ugh hes not saying he wants you to do the content till your face bleeds hes saying if you get everything done in a week they would have no way to keep up with the demand for new content.

basically if someone just hands you a cookie they dont have enough time to bake you another one by the time you finish eating it. but if they make you learn how to bake the cookie by the time your cookie is done they have a whole dozen waiting for you.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 01:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They're a retcon introduced in what, Warcraft 3? But whatever.

Stop talking about "filler", your stupid anime terminology makes no sense in relation to WoW. Basically your argument is saying that unless every piece of lore is about the Titans it sucks. Hate to break it to you but Warcraft is about the mortal races, the Titans are just background material. And if we explored Titan lore we'd wind up killing Sargeras in one expansion and that'd be the end of the entire Warcraft franchise - which is another reason why they're never going to take centre stage.
    hes point is made even more idiotic when someone who knows the lore of mists knows that things like the old gods and titans are very very important to the story even if its not ER MEH GERD THINGS CERMIN OUT TEH GROUNDS IN YO FACES. also last time i checked the horde and alliance were the main point of the story at all times O-O so an expansion that focuses mostly on them cant be filler.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

What lore? Elaborate with me please? In TBC we had Illidan, Burning Legion and fitting stories behind neltharion - his childs etc. WOTLK - Arthas - That alone was a HUGE lore based part. In my opinion, I wouldn't mind them strecthing it even further, that's how good the lore was. Cataclysm? Where should I begin?
    GLADLY! We have Anduin's coming of age! We have the purge of Dalaran! We have Jaina's transformation as a character! We have the unrest of the Blood Elves! We have the 'assassination' of Vol'Jin! We have Varian's ascension as the true leader of the Alliance! We have Garrosh's path to self-destruction! We have the all the Pandaren lore!

That is not to mention all the little hints of possibly future lore, like which Old Gods did the Klaxxi worship? What do they know about the Titans (Usurpers, as the bugs call them) that we do not? What is the Zandalari connection with the Thunder King? If you can't see that.... there is no hope for you.

EDIT:
    Pandaria is like - Blizzard sat there, let's think of this. Okey, pandas, they do this and that. LORE. That's it, nothing really related. It's just lore of coures, but nothing important.

We'll have to see.. What they've presented us now is nothing but filler. They're leading to something that is going to be more lore influenced. I just hope that will come out well and not as something pandas jumping around and destroying it.
    Yep... no hope for you at all...
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2013-01-03 at 06:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After 12 pages....*head explodes*

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That is not to mention all the little hints of possibly future lore, like which Old Gods did the Klaxxi worship? What do they know about the Titans (Usurpers, as the bugs call them) that we do not? What is the Zandalari connection with the Thunder King? If you can't see that.... there is no hope for you.
    the mantid were created by ya'shaarj who the titans killed on pandaria when an old god is killed the host its connected to (planet in this case azeroth) becomes tainted in some way and if all of them die then the planet dies so when ya'shaarj died it created the sha which is a curse on the land
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

So many apologists on this forum. Did every none fanboy get banned?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, he's just saying they can't meet all these goals simultaneously with no limit:
    - Produce new content rapidly
    - Produce new content that pleases everyone
    - Produce new content that's fun to play
    - Produce new content that's stable and not heavily bugged/glitched for many users
    - Produce new content that's quickly completed
    - Keep everyone interested in logging in between content releases

Thus they have to exercise judgment and discretion about which ones they indulge more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    This expac has brought more content into the game than any previous expac EVER and you are complaining they can't be asked to make new content?

Jesus christ, some people just literally need to complain to stay alive. OP, please get a reality check.
    TBC.

Dungeons. :TBC had 15 new dungeons. Mists has 6 dungeons, plus 3 reworked dungeons (that means very little new artwork). Keep in mind that 2 of the dungeons repurpose artwork and models already in the game (temple and gate). Scenarios are just TBC group quests in an instanced form.
    Raids TBC had Karazhan, Gruul, Mag, TK, and SSC all done when it came out. Mists has 16 bosses, which is alot, but nothing compared to TBC.
    Zones TBC and Mists have a similar amount of zones.
    PvP TBC had Arenas by the first patch, Mists has silvershard and temple. I'd say they're around the same.
    Dailies I don't think TBC had any dailies when it came out. Mists has alot. If you like dailies, Mists wins. If you hate dailies, TBC wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    LOTR is rather a sequel of The Hobbit, and, despite of being released just after tolkiens death, The Silmarillion. That book alone could fill multiple movies
    Albeit very boring ones.

Deleted
    There's a difference between slowing down content consumption and gating progression...
    If they feel like players can go through content too fast then the solution is to slow down the progression,unlike what they're doing,gating the content which is horrible design.

Examples of those two ways :
    1) Players gain too much vp from dungeons -->Blizzard puts a cap on vp gain/week --> Players hit the cap and
    or
    2) Players gain too much vp from dungeons -->Blizzards reduces overall vp gain from dungeons -->Players can still play and progress if they want

In both cases the players will go through content slower...yet in the first way your gaming experience is controlled and forced,everyone gains the same amount of vp,its completely retarded compared to the 2nd way where you can still progress as much as want.

So actually in the first case you have to do less to get the optimal amount of vp,and your efforts to get vp consist mostly of waiting an entire week...
    While in the 2nd case you will have to run more dungeons to get the vp you want so I kind of smile when people in this thread say the OP is lazy and entitled..oh the irony no,no,sorry but supporting a game design where waiting for a cap to expire is viewed as effort or grinding,no,that is being an entitled,fat,lazy gamer.
    Last edited by mmocba4f7a59a4; 2013-01-03 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    hes point is made even more idiotic when someone who knows the lore of mists knows that things like the old gods and titans are very very important to the story even if its not ER MEH GERD THINGS CERMIN OUT TEH GROUNDS IN YO FACES. also last time i checked the horde and alliance were the main point of the story at all times O-O so an expansion that focuses mostly on them cant be filler.
    IKR... an expansion about war, it's almost like it's Warcraft or something. With Orcs vs Humans even.

practically reading tea leaves at this point

Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    TBC.

Dungeons. :TBC had 15 new dungeons. Mists has 6 dungeons, plus 3 reworked dungeons (that means very little new artwork). Keep in mind that 2 of the dungeons repurpose artwork and models already in the game (temple and gate). Scenarios are just TBC group quests in an instanced form.
    Raids TBC had Karazhan, Gruul, Mag, TK, and SSC all done when it came out. Mists has 16 bosses, which is alot, but nothing compared to TBC.
    Zones TBC and Mists have a similar amount of zones.
    PvP TBC had Arenas by the first patch, Mists has silvershard and temple. I'd say they're around the same.
    Dailies I don't think TBC had any dailies when it came out. Mists has alot. If you like dailies, Mists wins. If you hate dailies, TBC wins.
    the ONLY content bc had outside of the original questing zones were raids and dungeons and the usual pvp. its pretty easy to make lots of dungeons and raids when its all you have to make isnt it? even more so when all of them are grouped up with other dungeons and raids which can conveniently use the same art assets.

mists has dailies, huge zones with tons of quests, scenarios, pet battles, dungeons, raids, usual pvp stuff, challenge modes, daily hubs that tell a story over time, world bosses.

seriously it cant even be debated whether or not you LIKE all the content in mists doesnt change the fact that it IS content because if were going by what we like and what we dislike i hate pvp so bc only had dungeons and raids so mists wins

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've downed everything in Normal, mogu in hc and terrace Hc, not everything in hc. I've achieved this season 2,4k at maximum. I've done the most dailies - Meaning klaxxi and tillers as I found them funny. My alt is at 2,2k with blues - due to gating system sitting even with blue weapons. I've got around 12k Achievement points. I find myself finished with most of the content. I haven't done all quests in MOP, but I don't think I will either :s

If you got something to add, please do. I'd love doing more content, but I must be blind :s

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 05:47 AM ----------

Oh god, are you familiar with the lore at all calling the Titans not a important lore?? Who is it that gave these powers to 95% of the powerful creatures we fought against? Who is it that has been playing around with the world? Certianly not the pandas for sure...
    Sorry, but after reading this post I keep thinking about that quote from Samuel Jackson from Pulp Fiction:

"English, Mother F*cker, do you speak it?!"

Sorry, just a joke no harm intended.

Alas, it just seems that different people have different opinions about lore and some like it and some don't. While I do like some of Mists of Pandaria lore, my favorite was definitely in Wrath of the Lich King because of the subject matter and the way it was handled. I really do hope when they come back to the burning legion though they do a good job of the atmosphere, think it could be really good.

And anytime anyone wants to hide their armory, Im a little skeptical about all those supposed achievements they are claiming. Honestly, if you are unwilling to supply proof of what you are claiming, it's best to leave it out and just state your opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prove me that, how would you know what's happening at Blizzard? T
    Aside from the fact that their jobs page always has positions for World of Warcraft customer service and development under the actively hiring category and multiple comments from Blizz devs themselves who point out that Blizzard is always hiring new developers whenever a player points out Mr. XYZ the Awesome Fan Mod Creator, claiming Blizz should hire them?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by callei View Post
    aside from the fact that their jobs page always has positions for world of warcraft customer service and development under the actively hiring category and multiple comments from blizz devs themselves who point out that blizzard is always hiring new developers whenever a player points out mr. Xyz the awesome fan mod creator, claiming blizz should hire them?
    @gregstreet why have you forsaken fire mage, also status on my app ???

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the mantid were created by ya'shaarj who the titans killed on pandaria when an old god is killed the host its connected to (planet in this case azeroth) becomes tainted in some way and if all of them die then the planet dies so when ya'shaarj died it created the sha which is a curse on the land
    And you've answered one of my 'future lore' questions, AND also answered something I forgot to ask: 'Where did the Sha come from?'

Two hit in a single shot. Kudos to you, and thanks for the info.