Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh, and here's the pork:
    • $430M for Hollywood through "special expensing rules." So for entertainment.
    • $331M for railroads in tax breaks
    • $222M for Puerto Rico and Virgin Isles for taxes collected on rum
    • $70M for Nascar
    • $59M for Algae growers as tax credits
    • $4M for electric motorcycle makers
    Everyone will see a tax increase, no matter your income. Those with income of $400,000 will see an increase from 35% to 39.6%. Those with lower incomes in the $50K+ range will have taxes increased from about $500-1k.

And with all this said and done It helps nothing at all $620B over 10 years saved. Meaning $62B saved each year. We spend $3.4T so this is so marginal it is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    GOP hasn't been Economically Conservative since Reagan got into office.
    Actually regan too put us into debt. So, i dont' know what you are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 100% with Christie on that. I'm out of words for that crap they pulled.... They are voting on it on Friday.. How comforting for the people that are without homes and what not. Every single one who's there to vote has a cozy warm home, a cuddly couch to put their greedy ass on it, and a properly filled bank account.
    Who would in such case care about people who have everything taken away from them by a silly thunderstorm.

Gosh.. That man is right.. That's why the people hate congress.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Actually regan too put us into debt. So, i dont' know what you are talking about.
    That is what I said. Reagan got into office and suddenly the GOP were all spend spend spend, and cut taxes too. Yeehaw!

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 12:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    I have no idea if they are wrong. If you posted a legitimate source I could let you know.

And most if not all of those appropriations seem completely legitimate.
    Oddly enough the only places I can find talking about pork are very right wing websites, and those same ones that are giving Christie the 'not a true republican' crap.

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    Compromising shouldn't mean the left doesn't have to give up anything either.
    well, the left is in power. They were elected in power by legal voting. If majority always have to compromise, whats point of being majority. This is one of the reason people do not vote. Their votes do not count, because even when their party is in power they have lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    I have no idea if they are wrong. If you posted a legitimate source I could let you know.

And most if not all of those appropriations seem completely legitimate.
    Too big a chunk isn't appropriate. Let's just keep spending money like a bunch of fucking morons. It's a short term problem anyway, right?...always a short term problem.

How is townhall/ny post illegitimate? Because you dislike their ideology?

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 11:58 PM ----------

well, the left is in power. They were elected in power by legal voting. If majority always have to compromise, whats point of being majority. This is one of the reason people do not vote. Their votes do not count, because even when their party is in power they have lose.
    You don't always get your way. I'd think most adults would have understood this by now.

Yeah, still not getting how the democrats don't compromise.

In case you missed it this is the link to the pork.

If NJ needed aid it should have went to congress and asked for the money. It should not have been snuck into a financial help package. This debt crisis should have been handled. It should have not handed out money in any form to anyone. It is supposed to have cut something. But it does such a poor job, we shouldn't even be wasting are time quarreling over it. We need to get our representatives to make real cuts; cuts which are magnitudes larger than $62B a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    In case you missed it this is the link to the pork.

If NJ needed aid it should have went to congress and asked for the money. It should not have been snuck into a financial help package. This debt crisis should have been handled. It should have not handed out money in any form to anyone. It is supposed to have cut something. But it does such a poor job, we shouldn't even be wasting are time quarreling over it. We need to get our representatives to make real cuts; cuts which are magnitudes larger than $62B a year.
    I'm willing to look at actual pork that was in the bill, but where are you getting your numbers?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yeah, still not getting how the democrats don't compromise.
    No meaningful spending cuts.

No meaningful spending cuts.
    They agreed to address spending in the near future. That's not the same thing as refusing the cut spending. But lets look at the things that actually happen, like Obamacare. Democrats compromised all over that.

Or the fiscal cliff deal where the democrats compromised on tax rates.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    GOP hasn't been Economically Conservative since Reagan got into office.
    Funny, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    meanwhile, we climb higher to the real cliff

Yeah, this is really a big problem in North America. I have friends who are always perpetually in debt. It's a revolving door of loans of some sort, whether it be for a car, home, etc, or just CC bills.

I was in debt by around $60,000 when I graduated from university in 2002. When I got out of that whole in 2008, I knew that I never wanted to be in the red again. It was such an awesome feeling not owing anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Funny, isn't it?

I don't like that picture because it puts the costs for both Iraq and Afghanistan on Obama.

I prefer the new spending graphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I've heard the argument, "You want European-style government? Then pay for it!"

Problem for me is, I don't want European-style government.
    then leave the country. you're free to leave. and if the majority agrees with you, you won't have it euro style. if they don't agree with you, you'll have to deal with others' freedom.

10+ Year Old Account
    The left is in power? Do I have to take a math class again, or am I just counting wrong?
    Senate > left
    House > right

Both sides busy screwing the other side over, more than ever before. And with all due respect, with as neutral eyes as it possibly gets... despite that both screw the other, the reps are much busier with it. In football terms I'd say they score at least one more touch down per quarter.
    But the problem is, we aren't at a ball game. We are in a country and their congress game ruins that country.
    They ran the country into the ditch together.. They need to get it out there together. Because no one can get it out there alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    They agreed to address spending in the near future. That's not the same thing as refusing the cut spending. But lets look at the things that actually happen, like Obamacare. Democrats compromised all over that.

Or the fiscal cliff deal where the democrats compromised on tax rates.
    Hahaha...

Dems been playin that song for years. Republicans are so gullible..or stupid.

My problem is this idea that compromise seems to be expected from the right on everything. Why is it so unreasonable to want to get spending under control.

And please, for the love of God, don't tell me how much Bush spent. I don't give two shits.

10+ Year Old Account
    And please, for the love of God, don't tell me how much Bush spent. I don't give two shits.
    And I'm sure you didn't give two shits while he was spending it either.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

I love how you ignore the entire rest of the post. The democrats compromise all the time, even when they're in a solid majority. The right is expected to compromise because that's what you do in a government, especially when you're the minority power.

Hahaha...

Dems been playin that song for years. Republicans are so gullible..or stupid.

My problem is this idea that compromise seems to be expected from the right on everything. Why is it so unreasonable to want to get spending under control.

So you don't care how much your 'team' spends, only that the other 'team' has to compromise to give you what you want while you do no such thing? I would direct you to Mr Goldwater again (protip: he was a real republican), but you would just complain that I didn't address your 'points' and call me an idiot once more.