Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    When it comes to a social world with people being fun rather than being depressed i would say:

1. Vanilla. Met alot of friends and saw lots of drama. It was so social that faction-racism existed. Wouldnt be surprising if an alliance player got beaten by horde players IRL because the only reason being hes playing an alliance toon.

2. TBC. Much like vanilla except only better because the game felt friendlier and more rewarding in my ways. I would say that TBC=Vanilla when it comes to being social.

3. WOTLK. This is where the game started getting depressed not because of the game itself, more like noone talked to eachother anymore. The guilds were still nice.

4. MOP. Still depressing but people helps out with eachother and speaks about how much they owned in the general chat. Atleast its a LITTLE bit better than WOTLK.

5. CATA. Worst expansion to date when it comes to being social. Felt like i played with people with severe depression. Even the GMs stopped messing around and joking with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC>woltk i am agree with u
    i want ask question is blizzard reading this forum

Quote Originally Posted by joppas View Post
    Vanilla < TBC < Wrath < Cata < Mop

Nostalgic, maybe cos i was young and used alot of time playing in early expansions.
    You do realize you're saying that MoP was the best and vanilla was worst?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    let find an original ranking system, how many player did each wow era attract

Vanilla: from 0 to 5M, so delta = 5M
    TBC: from 5M to 11M, so delta = 6M
    WoLK: from 11M to 11M (with a peak at 12M), so delta = 0
    Cata: from 11M to 9M: So delta is -2M
    MoP so far is from 9 to 10M so a delta of 1M

So we have

TBC (6M) > Vanilla (5M) >>>>>> MoP (1M) > Wrath (0) > Cata (-2M)

Sounds about right, the playerbase have undeniably spoken with their subscription status.

EDIT i could be mixing TBC and vanilla number, but i'm quite sure about the rest.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2013-01-03 at 02:59 PM.

This is hard...

BC was awesome.
    = Wrath was better in my opinion, but it made me leave my warrior... So it is a tie.
    > Vanilla, loved it. Yeah i know... not an expansion.
    > Cataclysm was a disaster in many ways...

MoP - no clue, I stopped playing at the end of Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Slakkers; 2013-01-03 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slakkers View Post
    This is hard...

BC was awesome.
    = Wrath was better in my opinion, but it made me leave my warrior... So it is a tie.
    > Vanilla, loved it. Yeah i know... not an expansion.
    > Cataclysm was a disaster in many ways...

MoP - no clue, I stopped playing at the end of Cataclysm.
    This is similar to a lot of people I know and raided with except for one difference.

Cataclysm caused them to quit WOW with the thought of returning when things, in a sense, reset with the next expansion.

However, the next expansion, MOP caused them to not return at all.

MoP
    Wrath
    Cata
    TBC

Deleted
    TBC > Mop > Wotlk > Vanilla > Cataclysm (first tier was awesome in cata though)

MOP>WRATH>TBC>CATA>VANILLA

Boom we got it!
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

For me - TBC>WOTLK>MOP>CATA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    We do not need this thread every single week. Please, try coming up with new discussions.
    This. I think it's funny how every time I login to MMO-C there is 1-2 threads like this on the front page. OP: BC was my favorite. WotLK was my least favorite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    let find an original ranking system, how many player did each wow era attract

Vanilla: from 0 to 5M, so delta = 5M
    TBC: from 5M to 11M, so delta = 6M
    WoLK: from 11M to 11M (with a peak at 12M), so delta = 0
    Cata: from 11M to 9M: So delta is -2M
    MoP so far is from 9 to 10M so a delta of 1M

So we have

TBC (6M) > Vanilla (5M) >>>>>> MoP (1M) > Wrath (0) > Cata (-2M)

Sounds about right, the playerbase have undeniably spoken with their subscription status.

EDIT i could be mixing TBC and vanilla number, but i'm quite sure about the rest.

citation needed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    WOTLK was the highest number of subs wow ever had.
    I know. And yet all we heard on the forums during WotLK was how much the game sucked at the time.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I think you're a narcissist.

BCs raid and progression model was an objective failure
    It was only a failure if you couldn't complete the attunements. Attunements were a good thing. There were very few "Stuck on Hydross" threads pre-June 2007, because the people that would have been stuck were unable to attune, thus undeserving of being there. And no, I'm not some BC elitist, never cleared Hyjal or BT when they were current content, but I recognized that the people that were still stuck on attunements when they existed were stuck due to lack of skill, not because the system was a failure. In fact, Blizzard only regards it as a failure now because BC marked the beginning of the entitled generations insurgence into WoW. Suddenly we had all these kids saying "I pay $15/month with mommy's credit card, why should I have to put in effort to see content?" And thus, the WotLK/Cata cycle began.

OT: TBC best, Cata worst. MOP somewhere in the middle, probably about even with WotLK.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

IMO.

Wrath was the best for me, made friends that lasted a couple years.
    Mope was the worst for me, couldn't keep my attention for more than a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    It was only a failure if you couldn't complete the attunements. Attunements were a good thing. There were very few "Stuck on Hydross" threads pre-June 2007, because the people that would have been stuck were unable to attune, thus undeserving of being there. And no, I'm not some BC elitist, never cleared Hyjal or BT when they were current content, but I recognized that the people that were still stuck on attunements when they existed were stuck due to lack of skill, not because the system was a failure. In fact, Blizzard only regards it as a failure now because BC marked the beginning of the entitled generations insurgence into WoW. Suddenly we had all these kids saying "I pay $15/month with mommy's credit card, why should I have to put in effort to see content?" And thus, the WotLK/Cata cycle began.

OT: TBC best, Cata worst. MOP somewhere in the middle, probably about even with WotLK.
    Wasn't the main reason the BC tier cycle shitty in theory because it jumped around from 10->25 too much, making it retarded for guilds who were trying to progress through the tiers?

OT: For me so far; MOP>Wrath>Cata. Didn't play till the verrrrrry end of BC, so i wont count that because I didnt even hit cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    TBC>MoP/Wrath>Cata - really can't decide between MoP and Wrath, although I did like the Wrath lore/scenery a lot more. I blame my European heritage.

Can't add Vanilla in this, the game was too young to compare it to others. I play since mid-2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Wasn't the main reason the BC tier cycle shitty in theory because it jumped around from 10->25 too much, making it retarded for guilds who were trying to progress through the tiers?

OT: For me so far; MOP>Wrath>Cata. Didn't play till the verrrrrry end of BC, so i wont count that because I didnt even hit cap.
    It started with a 10-man, with all 25 after besides ZA, which was more Tier 5.5 than required raiding (no attunement, slightly better than T4 gear but not quite T5, not required for Hyjal/BT.) My guild tackled the 10->25 problem by running 2 groups and rotating in others as needed for attunements. We had Kara/Gruul nights to ensure everyone had their attunements for SSC, and from there it was on to progression. It ultimately comes back to my original point, the "why should I have to put in effort?" kids. The number of people clearing SSC/TK didn't dramatically increase with the removal of attunements. Same with Hyjal/BT. BUT the fact that anyone could waltz right in and wipe over and over again on the first boss, or maybe even kill 1 or 2 of them before the wipefest, was enough to provide entitled kids with a feeling of equality.

In thinking about it, I feel I should note we DID save a lot of time on getting people attunements by glitching the Karazhan back door. For a while at the beginning of TBC, through into the next patch even, it was possible to wedge a toon into the corner of the locked door, spam jump repeatedly while clicking the locked door, and eventually the toon would end up "stuck" in the door at which time it would open and remain unlocked. This cut out a lot of time on trash/early bosses that would normally have to be cleared. We also used to exploit the HELL out of that in conjunction with the wall-climb glitch on Nightbane's platform. Climb to outside Prince, clear from the top down, skip like 2 hours worth of trash.
    Last edited by Priestiality; 2013-01-04 at 01:20 AM.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Looking at this objectively i have 2 lists first in looking at content and improvements offered and second in fun had by me.
    Improvements and overall value list:
    Mists>wotlk>tbc>vanilla>cata
    Fun nostalgia included :P :
    TBC>Vanilla>WotLK>Mists>Cata

Tho mists will prolly move up the list some in the fun factor i think as the whole package of patches comes out.