Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    do daggers to one handed swords work?
    Dude the backstab animation with a sword/mace/axe wouldnt make any sense and would look retarded. I'm glad Blizzard keeps some sense about these things.

Cant wait to test WW monk changes

Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    Dude the backstab animation with a sword/mace/axe wouldnt make any sense and would look retarded. I'm glad Blizzard keeps some sense about these things.

Cant wait to test WW monk changes
    yet blizzard forgets to remove/change http://www.wowhead.com/item=53246/neurosurgeons-tool

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    I doubt it, since you dont have the same animations.
    Which i lame when it comes to Fist Weapons since only fighting unarmed shares that animation - thus rendering fist weapons somewhat useless for 'mogging

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

So mages don't gain much transmog changes then?

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    and no you can't transmog staff > polearm or polearm > staff.
    A world of bummer. I would have loved to see this come to pass for 5.2. Maybe it still will. Who knows what they will add in before it goes live in 60 days.

not letting us xmog our legendaries is jacked up

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Honestly, they should just scale Legendaries with the character You get it at 60 and it scales with you to 90. I don't think that would hurt or upset anyone. Plus it would solve the Xmog thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Honestly, they should just scale Legendaries with the character You get it at 60 and it scales with you to 90. I don't think that would hurt or upset anyone. Plus it would solve the Xmog thing.
    That would be even more restrictive than letting us Mog to them. No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still a little too limited for my liking, but a huge improvement. I really like the look of Fist of Pained Senses for my Enh Shaman with Ten Storms recolour, but I suppose for the moment I'll stick with Breeching Comets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I get it and hate it at the same time. It would be annoying because everyone would have transmogged to them and it would be lame, on the other hand i wanna show off.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    That would be even more restrictive than letting us Mog to them. No thanks.
    How so? It would scale like a BoA, and could be enchanted as the iLvL increases. BoA will scale, but not in the same way that I meant it. At lvl 90, your Legendary would be a 476 or 491 and be enchantable like any other weapon of that level. No biggie though, the amount of people in the playerbase with Legendary weapons pretty much cements the lack of need to xmog in Blizz's case. Ah well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, the animations for jab are completely unique to jab. They aren't autoattack animations. Have you seen what holding jab looks like when you have a mace in your main hand?
    I've been leveling my tauren monk with the BoA maces, not the staff, so I haven't seen the staff animations in use much yet, but with the maces it definitely looks like the standard unsheathe from back > 1H special animations (not the auto-attack animation, although for tauren there's almost no noticeable difference anyway). I can pull a staff out of my bank and mess with it a bit later.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    How so? It would scale like a BoA, and could be enchanted as the iLvL increases. BoA will scale, but not in the same way that I meant it. At lvl 90, your Legendary would be a 476 or 491 and be enchantable like any other weapon of that level. No biggie though, the amount of people in the playerbase with Legendary weapons pretty much cements the lack of need to xmog in Blizz's case. Ah well.

So you can use it for a week of leveling and one tier if that? I'd rather xmog so I can use it whenever I want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keakee View Post
    Not sure if this was answered, but what about MH->1H and vice versa?
    I just checked and there seems to be no more Main-Hand weapons at all, they were all changed to One Hand.

Ughhhh, that totally sucks that my monk can't swap between polearm and staff! I hate the polearms, they're not shiny enough... and Tsulong won't drop the LFR version for me... and stupid holidays have messed with any chance of HoF progression in the last month ;_; LOL, oh well...

However, I'm sooooo excited to finally be able to use the Blade(s) of Wizardry I was saving, and more so that I can use them with whatever 1H my paladin/monk gets (assuming they ever make anymore agility weapons (edit: why did I say daggers before, lol) for monks besides all these silly non-visual fist weapons...).
    Last edited by Forumchibi; 2013-01-03 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Does this mean I can make 1h dagger into 1h mace? or Axe

Hope so, shamans with daggers just never feels right to me. plus the beer keg model mace is awesome.
    They are locked to animations. So if the dagger have the same animation as the mace, then yes.

Daggers tend to use 1 hander animations.. apart from mutilate and backstab I think, so I'm not sure how they'll go down :/

As for the polearm/staff thing, this is still eeearly in the patch.. and I thought Bliz had said that they were planning on allowing that so I'd just wait and see.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

No more being forced to "use" Axe for Orc or Sword/Mace for Human... AWWWWWW YEEEAAH!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

they also said they would like to make it so death knights and warriors and stuff could use polearms for transmog too. can anyone confirm whether or not a death knight or warrior can transmog a 2h sword or axe to a polearm?

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 07:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    You can transmog a 2H axe to a 2H sword or 2H mace, but you can't transmog a mace/sword/axe to a polearm or staff.

seems you answered my question. hopefully they will change it since they said they want to let us use polearms
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they also said they would like to make it so death knights and warriors and stuff could use polearms for transmog too. can anyone confirm whether or not a death knight or warrior can transmog a 2h sword or axe to a polearm?
    The biggest obstacle, if I recall, was Titan's Grip and the animation for 1Hing polearms. But it's also probably just that they use different animations for 2H and they aren't jumping that yet.

My real impossible transmog dream will be that one day, I can transmog Thunderfury for use... as a 2H That's like three problems all in one.