Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[General] - Icy Flows + 5.2 Invocation (if it goes live)

Evocating while moving becoming a reality? Should be balanced and not require negative attention due to not being able to be offensive while moving. Hopefully GC doesn't see this as being "too mobile" and wanted to have certain caster classes keep their feet planted for longer periods of time.

Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    Evocating while moving becoming a reality? Should be balanced and not require negative attention due to not being able to be offensive while moving. Hopefully GC doesn't see this as being "too mobile" and wanted to have certain caster classes keep their feet planted for longer periods of time.
    Hmm not sure, but evocations base duration is still 6 seconds, and its just reduced by haste and invocation talent, so my guess is no it will not. But ptr coming soon, so we will know soon enough.

Flows lasts for 8 seconds, so this is a possibility. Would be an epic one if it works out, and one I'd try as well (I currently macro PoM-RoP on my Arcane mage, this is along those lines)

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    Flows lasts for 8 seconds, so this is a possibility. Would be an epic one if it works out, and one I'd try as well (I currently macro PoM-RoP on my Arcane mage, this is along those lines)
    Its 2 casts with less than 4 seconds of casting or channeling time, not 2 casts or channels in 8 seconds..

i think hes saying when evocation cast time is reduced by 50% in 5.2. which is going to be about 3second cast.

Quote Originally Posted by daydayhyphy View Post
    i think hes saying when evocation cast time is reduced by 50% in 5.2. which is going to be about 3second cast.
    Yes, but what I'm saying is that I don't think that matters much, as the base duration for the channel is still 6 seconds and it is then lowered by haste and the talent. But as I said we have to wait and see, because we are not able to test it yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ice Floes is 2 casts, within 8 sec, for a spell that is BASE 4 or less.

Evocation is 6 seconds.

yep what spaace said, same deal with disc priest holy fire (1.5second cast) glyphed (makes it instant) will consume borrow time (15% haste on next spell)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Just played on PTR and Invocation is still unchanged, 25% dmg for 40sec. So nothing to test here for now. I guess Blizzard is still confused about what to do with these 90 talents :X

Yeah, hopefully a new build will be put out relatively quickly so that all changes, PvP and PvE related, will be adequately tested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Ice Floes is 2 casts, within 8 sec, for a spell that is BASE 4 or less.

Evocation is 6 seconds.
    We know it says BASE but it could be refered only to the haste cast time reduction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    Yeah, hopefully a new build will be put out relatively quickly so that all changes, PvP and PvE related, will be adequately tested.
    I hope they change the "announced but not implemented" invocation change again as we already noticed that it's a nerf due to haste ;-(

It's barely a "nerf", and it's such a gigantic quality of life improvement and improvement on mobile fights, that I see it as nothing but a buff.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do not understand how people do not understand this...

Invocation is fine, and will be fine. l2p.
    Go play PTR and tell me otherwise

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    I do not understand how people do not understand this...

Invocation is fine, and will be fine. l2p.
    Go play PTR and tell me otherwise
    I'm also pleased with it on live.

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    It's barely a "nerf", and it's such a gigantic quality of life improvement and improvement on mobile fights, that I see it as nothing but a buff.
    Show me a fight other than Sha of Fear that you couldn't get off an evocation every 40 secs, there is none that I remember, futhermore its even bigger nerf if you count in pre-casting evocation..

Deleted
    A "nerf" to evocation would have been reducing his buff to 12.5% or less.
    The data-mined version is 15% every 60s for 50% less cast time.
    Better uptime:
    1. 40s/46s= 86.95%
    2. 60s/63s= 95.23%

We have a bonus factor of :

1. 1.25*86.95%=1.086875 -> +8.69%
    2. 1.15*95.23%=1.095145 -> +9.51%

I see a gain of +0.82%.
    Yes, haste is better with the previous than the latter but the gain is still here. As you need a lot of haste to have a gain > +15% (72.9% haste)

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    A "nerf" to evocation would have been reducing his buff to 12.5% or less.
    The data-mined version is 15% every 60s for 50% less cast time.
    Better uptime:
    1. 40s/46s= 86.95%
    2. 60s/63s= 95.23%

We have a bonus factor of :

1. 1.25*86.95%=1.086875 -> +8.69%
    2. 1.15*95.23%=1.095145 -> +9.51%

I see a gain of +0.82%.
    Yes, haste is better with the previous than the latter but the gain is still here. As you need a lot of haste to have a gain > +15% (72.9% haste)
    So.. when do people learn to count pre-casting the buffs. Prolly never it seems.

Deleted
    I just do math. In both case, you can pre-cast. It's even easier to pre-cast in the new version because of of the longer duration.

For those who want to know, it need 41.19% haste for the 2 versions to have the same benefice.
    I can't calculate gameplay, lag, etc but a shorter castime with a longer duration can only make it better to use even after this break point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    I just do math. In both case, you can pre-cast. It's even easier to pre-cast in the new version because of of the longer duration.

For those who want to know, it need 41.19% haste for the 2 versions to have the same benefice.
    I can't calculate gameplay, lag, etc but a shorter castime with a longer duration can only make it better to use even after this break point.
    Pre-casting a 40 secs spell with 25% bonus=/ pre-casting 60 sec spell with 15% bonus. just saying