Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Apparently I was mistaken, swedish kids just pay a reduced price until 19! (In England you have free bus rides until 16)

Also, yellow pages!

Dawww, kinda cute tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    People adjust easily. Look around and just look at all the luxury everyone has.
    Half of that you barely even use.
    That's true. If I get rid of the useless luxury that is strawberries, I can cut my daily food budget by 1/3!

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    That's true. If I get rid of the useless luxury that is strawberries, I can cut my daily food budget by 1/3!
    I think the biggest luxury I buy is milk! We go through like a litre of milk a day, but I need mah tea!

I think the biggest luxury I buy is milk! We go through like a litre of milk a day, but I need mah tea!
    ...you're either drinking tea that's mostly milk, or you're drinking gallons of tea! o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    How long do these checks keep coming in?

If I lost my job, I could live off that amount, but I would have to make some severe cutbacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...you're either drinking tea that's mostly milk, or you're drinking gallons of tea! o.O
    but tea is so delicious. especially flavored tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm 6'5" (195cm) and let me just say that I think it's probably easier to look up all the time. Having to hunch over to hear people properly means my posture often sucks, which is both in attractive and really hard on my back.
    I'm under that 6"0' 190 and that's the sweet spot. Tall but not mfg he's tall to normal people but still know one day you will king of your own smurf village.

We have around 2-3 cups a day, quite big cups, and then my GF always sneaks cups of milk when Im not looking.

m... m... milk... on... tea?
    Why would you ruin perfectly good tea T_T

I drink about... half a liter of tea a day.
    My luxuries hmmm, my laptop and drawing stuff and food in general, i like to eat well and good.
    But even then its as i said, about 100 a month.
    Last edited by Kurioxan; 2013-01-03 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    but tea is so delicious. especially flavored tea.
    I love tea and I love milk tea, but I'm strangely not in the habit of putting milk into tea.

I need my Diet Sunkist. That's right, Diet. I'm a fucking pansy now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    AU$35 US$36.75 EU27.90 (EDIT: for families)

AU$18 US$19 EU14.50. (for single students)

FULL STORY (sorry it isn't the official report but it stats the facts well enough)

Recently in Australia there was an all around reduction change to welfare benefits in which parents were set up to lose up to AU$110 in child payments when the child hits 8, this plan is to get back the employment. The base payment to "newstart" has been reduced so that a person out of work would be left with $35 a day to live which includes everything the person needs to live.

The government has admitted living on this would be difficult but again stated it's designed to get people into the work force which can be very difficult here. The story is about a government official saying she could live on $35 a day. She current earns ~$6300 a week, 25 times the amount she thinks she could live on.

I was wondering how this would be possible with the other currencies and could you live for several years on these payments.

P.S Story is a few days old but search found nothing so sorry if it's been posted before.

EDITED: to include single people because I didn't factor in this is mmo

$35 a day? So about $1,000 a month? Is that after taxes?

Because I live on less than that. It's not very hard.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 11:30 AM ----------

I love tea and I love milk tea, but I'm strangely not in the habit of putting milk into tea.
    What the hell is "milk tea"?

Besides, the only kind of tea that's any good is sweet tea.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    m... m... milk... on... tea?
    Why would you ruin perfectly good tea T_T
    We get PG Tips (amagawd they sell it in Sweden, was one of the best days of my life when I discovered that!) and its just perfect with milk and sugar in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    We get PG Tips (amagawd they sell it in Sweden, was one of the best days of my life when I discovered that!) and its just perfect with milk and sugar in it.
    I don't understand how people can enjoy hot drinks.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Hmmm, still... milk T_T only thing i use milk for is when i make hot chocolate (i made it from scratch) or crepes....
    Tea... i buy loose leafs and crush a bit then put on a heartshaped net ball and omg i just noticed how gay all that sounds, but screw it, good tea.
    Dont always sweeten, when do use lavender honey.

Aaand not helping...

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 05:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    You really dont have to drink it hot, also hot drinks are better for you than cold drinks.

Edit Edit: after i finish this 3 years of nutrition in the UK i was thinking of moving to Sweden, but i dont quite speak swedish so i was wondering how easy is it to find a job and so forth, i know its in the Schengen zone but still.
    Last edited by Kurioxan; 2013-01-03 at 05:37 PM.

BLASPHEMER, SOUND THE TRUMPETS, ENGLANDS GOING TO WAR! This time the French wont save you!

BLASPHEMER, SOUND THE TRUMPETS, ENGLANDS GOING TO WAR! This time the French wont save you!
    Doesn't England generally go to war against the French?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes but i don't have the need to.

What the hell is "milk tea"?
    A drink made in heaven:

Besides, the only kind of tea that's any good is sweet tea.
    Apart from milk tea, I dislike tea (or coffee) with sugar. Too much sweetness ruins the favour.

Also gotta watch that waist line...

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Doesn't England generally go to war against the French?
    We're always at war with the French, lately we've kept it more political and within the disguise of "Disagreements about the EU."