Deleted

PTR - 5.2 - Your character is locked!

Hello was wondering is anyone else having the same problem as me?

When I try to log my character it says that it's locked.

Deleted
    Its been like this allday, support doesn't provide solutions as many tried. Fail ptr, fail patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronux View Post
    Its been like this allday, support doesn't provide solutions as many tried. Fail ptr, fail patch.
    You do realise what PTR stands for, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    You do realise what PTR stands for, right?
    Yeah I know exactly what it stands for, but in order for people to test the new patch, they actually have to be able to log in. So excuse us if, having downloaded the 20gb client and taken the time to copy a level 90 character, we are a bit prickly when it tells us we can't log in on a level 90 character because it thinks our account is only upgraded to Cataclysm.

YOU BORING OLD WOW FORUM TROLL

Deleted
    I have this problem since 5.1. Somehow I have 2 WoW PTR's, one is working fine, other is flagged as Cataclysm. Problem is I cant copy my chars to WoW 1, everytime they go on WoW 2 and are useless there. I submitted a ticket yesterday about it, asking for removal of my WoW 2 PTR, but got answer they are unable to do it, but it will be deleted automaticly, if not used for long period of time.... gee I wonder how many years I need to wait :/

Quote Originally Posted by Smackback View Post
    Yeah I know exactly what it stands for, but in order for people to test the new patch, they actually have to be able to log in. So excuse us if, having downloaded the 20gb client and taken the time to copy a level 90 character, we are a bit prickly when it tells us we can't log in on a level 90 character because it thinks our account is only upgraded to Cataclysm.

No need to get rude. Granted the other post was a tad condescending. Feel free to get a little upset about the situation, but a better solution might be checking the main WoW forums for the PTR and seeing if they are experiencing difficulty and if a work around is being established. As this is not a BNet forum, odds are devs will never see this Q&A about login issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    No need to get rude. Granted the other post was a tad condescending. Feel free to get a little upset about the situation, but a better solution might be checking the main WoW forums for the PTR and seeing if they are experiencing difficulty and if a work around is being established. As this is not a BNet forum, odds are devs will never see this Q&A about login issues.
    The other poster shouldn't of been a total tool idiot with his remark.....

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-04 at 04:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackback View Post

Well I get the feeling you don't know what it's about.... first of all the T is for TEST, and things might pop up during testing that could cause these issues or everything may be blocked this way because they found an issue they need to address. To be fair, Blizzard usually has the most stable, and high quality test environments I ever encountered... You cannot expect things to go perfectly on a TEST realm... if you do, you're delusional.
    If you get upset with it, please stay away from the PTR and life will be much easier....

Good god, people whining about the quality of the test realms.... you're not even paying for those...
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-04 at 04:28 PM. Reason: removed duplicate half of post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Well I get the feeling you don't know what it's about.... first of all the T is for TEST, and things might pop up during testing that could cause these issues or everything may be blocked this way because they found an issue they need to address. To be fair, Blizzard usually has the most stable, and high quality test environments I ever encountered... You cannot expect things to go perfectly on a TEST realm... if you do, you're delusional.
    If you get upset with it, please stay away from the PTR and life will be much easier....

Good god, people whining about the quality of the test realms.... you're not even paying for those...

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 04:25 PM ----------

Can't believe you tried to make me read your shit post twice!!!

The problem has been around for ages, the OP was asking a fair question and post 2 gave a fair answer. Then (as always) the boring old 'I'm going to say the opposite of everyone else just to be a bit controversial whilst bumping my post count' came along so I set him straight (and got infracted by the nazi moderator).

And then you arrive with your excellent double post, pro use of capital letters, and obvious lack of background knowledge surrounding the subject.

The underlying point of it all is that we are actually trying to help out and test the new stuff out but we are being held back by a problem that has existed for months and is yet to be fixed or even commented on.

I am just so sick to death of people like you that have to jump in to threads like the fucking have a go hero that is here to shower us in condescending comments as if you are talking to a seven year old child. I have played nearly every beta and every ptr since the game was launched (not that I should have to quantify that to you) and I know exactly how TEST realms work, so how about you stick them capital letters up your arse!

Prolly gonna get banned for this post anyway, but at least I have had my say for the good guys that are sick to the back teeth of the likes of you and your 'I am whiter than the pope' bullshit.

Thank you and goodnight.

YOU BORING OLD WOW TROLL

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-04 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Toned it down a bit

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    The other poster shouldn't of been a total tool idiot with his remark.....
    I believe I covered that in my 2nd sentence. Still doesn't give cause to stoop to that level.

10+ Year Old Account
    This seriously didn't go well at all.

Closing