Poll: Should we Kill Sylvanas instead of Garrosh?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    I can't answer that poll, there is no positive option.

Lorthemar Theron is male and i think he is awesome.

And no she isn't using the scourge. The scourge is in Northrend held by Bolvar, those under Sylvannas are free. She is a very gray character. Besides Garrosh is an incompetent whelp with power hunger issues and megalomaniac tendencies. He is pretty much Hitler right now. As Sylvannas said the only reason she doesn't join the Alliance is because they don't accept the Forsaken as a legitimate people with their own sovereign kingdom with Lordaeron simply "infested" by the undead. And she is friendly with the Blood Elfs because she was one of them before dying.
    don't forget how much more Horde-based atrocities Garrosh has commited over sylvanas. Water posioning, bombing, using the Sha, preying on and using the weak.

Bold is important because this is a faction heavy game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bandcamp16 View Post
    your poll is biased and I refuse to vote in it because I do not think Sylvanas is scum or should be destroyed. She is a valid, interesting lore character who arguably is the most developed and has the most potential.
    Its simple:

If you want to see her killed you vote: Yes

If you dont want to see her killed you vote: No

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its simple:

Your no option says: But she is still scum -_-

Your biased

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Water posioning, bombing, using the Sha, preying on and using the weak.
    Those are all valid tactics. Problem with Garrosh is that he is strategically incompetent and sacrifices his own for nothing. Thats why he gets killed.

Its simple:

It isn't that simple, killing Sylvanas now makes little to no sense. She can still be used in the future for something else and will most likely go down with a bang, a character this old and consistent deserves at least that. She is the soul of the forsaken so to speak, Garrosh on the other hand is a wreck, a broken tool which can be tossed aside easily.

Your no option says: But she is still scum -_-

Your biased
    He is, but he has a point, since Sylvanas knows no boundaries and will do anything to win and she does it all for herself, not her people.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-01-03 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Those are all valid tactics. Problem with Garrosh is that he is strategically incompetent and sacrifices his own for nothing. Thats why he gets killed.
    I'm with you on this one.

the water posioning was a threat he made to the people of Mulgore I believe. And the weak are his own faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It isn't that simple, killing Sylvanas now makes little to no sense. She can still be used in the future for something else and will most likely go down with a bang, a character this old and consistent deserves at least that. She is the soul of the forsaken so to speak, Garrosh on the other hand is a wreck, a broken tool which can be tossed aside easily.
    Same to you

Deleted
    Yes we should kill Sylvanas. We should also kill Garrosh though.

And Baine. And Gallywix. That random cliché of a reckless hothead panda that went horde too. Oh and Vol'jin. And Lor'Themar.

Obviously being Alliance may have skewed my objectivity somewhat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must say, it would please me immensely to have both Garrosh and Sylvanas hit the dirt this expansion, but I find it likely Sylvanas is to be saved until something happens with Alleria and Turalyon.

I could maybe see it happening as part of the build up to the Siege of Orgrimmar raid with Garrosh completely losing it and murdering (or being behind the assassination) of Sylvanas. To get the Alliance in, one of the Alliance leaders would get to be assassinated too. \o/ I'm going for.... Velen.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Same to you
    You mean I can be replaced? What a silly statement, anyone can be replaced ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You can do whatever you want, unless you feel like rebelling.

You should also see what Stormwind humans do to bandits. Its pretty nasty.
    The "You with us, or against us" mentality leaves little room here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I must say, it would please me immensely to have both Garrosh and Sylvanas hit the dirt this expansion, but I find it likely Sylvanas is to be saved until something happens with Alleria and Turalyon.

I could maybe see it happening as part of the build up to the Siege of Orgrimmar raid with Garrosh completely losing it and murdering (or being behind the assassination) of Sylvanas. To get the Alliance in, one of the Alliance leaders would get to be assassinated too. \o/ I'm going for.... Velen.
    When you put it that way it sounds like blizzard is trying to "recast" World of Warcraft.

Well, that poll turned out biased.

Why not both? They are pretty similar. Poor Garrosh is having the double standard applied to him.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Yes we should kill Sylvanas. We should also kill Garrosh though.

And Baine. And Gallywix. That random cliché of a reckless hothead panda that went horde too. Oh and Vol'jin. And Lor'Themar.

Nah let us keep Vol'jin, Lor'themar and Baine. For balance, you can lose Genn, Varian and.... hmmmm Tyrande. That'll make it interesting!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Its subtle, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't make sense to kill Sylvanas in this expansion, like at all. That would be just plain bad writing.

We know that Garry is end boss, so we have followed his path through all this expansion. It has been a nicely told story.

Using Sylvanas as fodder, just because you don't like her, is disrispectful to the character and the story it has been told with her. If she is going to bite the dust, it has to be in a way that brings her narrative to a close.

Fucking bias should not make you thing of crappy narratives.

It's not confirmed that we will KILL Garrosh, only that we will defeat him.

The Horde don't have a hero that they can relate to.

Thrall started off as this Koombayah character and hasn't had much evolution. He's a Mary Sue that happens to always do the right thing.

Varian started as two people - an arrogant douche and a mindless gladiator. They came together and tried to be noble and for brief moments (w/Saurafang) he was, but he was a warmonger. After this he tamed the beast and brought his inner strength under control - a trait that all true leaders should have (which Thrall started with).

With Garrosh, we have a clearly flawed character who at his heart wanted to do what was best for the Horde. However, his lack of wisdom and the pressure/stress of leading, coupled with dealing with the Alliance and the Twilight's Hammer became too much for him. It was simpler for him to swing an axe and be done with it and that was how he governed.

Now, we will see him deposed and what I'd like to see is him exiled. Without the pressure of leading, he can freely and unbiasedly reflect on his actions. As he wanders the world in exile, he will come across the ruination that he sowed and will understand the fault of his decisions.

Then, at one of the Horde's darkest hours, he will return, wiser and more steadfast in order to truly become the leader he was meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    It doesn't make sense to kill Sylvanas in this expansion, like at all. That would be just plain bad writing.

We know that Garry is end boss, so we have followed his path through all this expansion. It has been a nicely told story.

Using Sylvanas as fodder, just because you don't like her, is disrispectful to the character and the story it has been told with her. If she is going to bite the dust, it has to be in a way that brings her narrative to a close.

Fucking bias should not make you thing of crappy narratives.
    ya pretty much Mr. Windrunner. She isn't "target practice"

Gilneas was attacked, and the citizens were only trying to defend themselves from the "banshee queen" and her terrible underlings.
    ... Who were ordered to do so by Garrosh Hellscream

For someone who really hates the undead you should probably understand who gave the orders for that whole scenario. The undead were fine with just keeping Lordaeron... however Garrosh wanted more land. The undead were right there, so he sent them. Rather than getting her people into a spot of trouble with the group they were using to help protect themselves from those who would otherwise kill them simply because they were undead, Sylvanas complied.

Deleted
    Look @ all the feel in this thread

trololol kill everything its a video game for cryin out loud.