Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where to start heroic raids

So our guild progresses at a rather slow pace compared to others, and we are at the point where we are going to either stop doing MSV and focus more on HoF, or hit MSV heroics.
    Currently we are 6/6 MSV, 3/6 HoF.

I was just wondering, if we were to start with heroics, which bosses would be the best to attempt first. Or if anyone has it, a list of difficulties for bosses on the heroic setting.

Let me know if you need to know anything else about our group and what not, thanks in advance!

bosses 1-3 and 5 in heroic MSV are about as difficult as bosses 4-6 in hof.
    i'd say finish up hof cause then you can do terrace which is easier than bosses 4-6 in hof

Deleted
    bosses 1-3 and 5 in heroic MSV are about as difficult as bosses 4-6 in hof.
    Gara'jal is way harder than everything in normal hof. At least in 10-man, don't know about 25-man. Pretty sure elegon is harder aswell.
    I'd say go for 16/16 normal first. If you're only 9/16 this far in you probably need all the gear you can get first (no offence).

Deleted
    I'd do boss 4-6 in HoF for the same reasons as above (bals post), clear out terrace and proceed into msv hardmodes (feng and stone guards are about as easy/hard as the last 2 in hof). If you then (I guess this is a few weeks into the future for you) struggle on spirit kings you can try wind-lord and ta'yak in HoF hc but the fight is significantly easier with the fixed order.

25 Gara'jal has a pretty harsh enrage, if you're doing that :P

Quote Originally Posted by rerre View Post
    Gara'jal is way harder than everything in normal hof. At least in 10-man, don't know about 25-man. Pretty sure elegon is harder aswell.
    I'd say go for 16/16 normal first. If you're only 9/16 this far in you probably need all the gear you can get first (no offence).
    10 man gara'jal is pretty easy. he hits fairly weak. would depend on op's raid comp though, if he has a blood dk it would be more difficult but nothing using cds can't fix
    elegon is esentially the same fight

Deleted
    Saying that gara'jal hc is easier than normal hof is still a stretch though:P

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Saying that gara'jal hc is easier than normal hof is still a stretch though:P
    i'd say he's easier than amber or empress for sure

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    i'd say he's easier than amber or empress for sure
    H: Gara'jal the Spiritbinder: 5592 (15.33%)
    Grand Empress Shek'zeer: 8361 (22.92%)
    Amber-Shaper Un'sok: 9496 (26.03%)

Taken straight from wowprogress. The statistics don't agree with you. I'd say normal empress and amber shaper are both easier too personally.

I'd go 16/16 normal then worry about heroics. MV Hs will probably be the eaiest since they are tuned for a lesser gear level than HoF slightly. You should try stone guard and feng then either do garajal or go do blade lord and maybe garalon and wind lord. They are the easiest HMs in the raid instances.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-04 at 05:12 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Go 16/16 normal first. You will get more loot, which helps meet DPS / HPS throughput checks in H MSV.

16/16 normal first as tier bonuses will help you out. If you're intent on doing a heroic boss, kill heroic Stoneguard as they drop some 2nd BiS non-tier slot items.

16/16 first. Stone gaurds=Feng>elegon=garajal>blade lord> spirit kings= windlord> garalon>will > zorlok>amber> then decide between empress/terrace.

If you have a lot of dps with 4pc you can pretty much do windlord/garalon whenever.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2013-01-04 at 06:08 AM.

I know a couple guilds that were in your exact same position.

The first choice for a heroic would be stone guards, and the main question is 'how competant is your group at moving around mechanics'

The fight is more or less the same, with a little bit of downtime running tiles, its just less forgiving. Your tanks knowing to taunt is literally half the fight. The enrage is a joke, to the point people run either 4 healers or 3 tanks (the third tank not getting any chains at all) and just having that extra person run tiles the entire fight.

The last 3 in HoF will be moreso your dps/hps, while the first 2 hardmodes in MSV will be more about how your raid handles mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    As many others said. Firstly for sure go for 16/16 normal. then I would say 5/6 HC in MSV one by one ( spirit kings HC is now joke with all the ilvl you can get from TOES / HOF and fixed starting boss so you dont need to wipe ) then blade lord HC in HOF, then I would go for Will of The Emperor.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    H: Gara'jal the Spiritbinder: 5592 (15.33%)
    Grand Empress Shek'zeer: 8361 (22.92%)
    Amber-Shaper Un'sok: 9496 (26.03%)

Taken straight from wowprogress. The statistics don't agree with you. I'd say normal empress and amber shaper are both easier too personally.
    I'd say these statistics really don't mean much as many guilds probably try to clear everything on normal before moving to hardmodes, especially casual guilds. Doesn't make the fights more difficult though. If you can kill garalon you can kill gara'jal hc
    Last edited by bals; 2013-01-04 at 07:05 AM.

toes not even opened up yet for gear - id be making that a priority no.1

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with the posts above

Try to aim for 16/16 clear in one ID before you do any Heroics. After that, try to cycle in as many Heroics as you can, while maintaining the 16/16 clear.

I would suggest the following Path after clearing 16/16:

Stone Guards (3 Tanks+4 Heal, 1 Tank always running Tiles and blowing up Blue Crystals when you have Chains, otherwise go DPS) -> Feng (Fairly easy, but Stone Guards 3T/4H is still easier) -> Try Gara'jal for 3-4 Pulls to see if you have enough DPS (try 2 heal + 1 diszi for extra dmg and have cd rotation on your tanks) and if so, kill him -> Elegon if Gara'jal is too hard DPS wise and aim for 4-5/4-5 Sparks killed -> Spirit Kings -> Blade Lord if you have a good Disc Pr. -> Wind-Lord if you have a good geared Tank and Disc Pr. -> Emperors -> Garalon

I wouldn't recommend changing that order, other than maybe do Spirit Kings before Elegon. Don't go HoF HC before you have at least 4/6 or 5/6 Mogu HC. It's just not worth it. If you don't happen to have a Disc Priest, don't try Blade-Lord/Wind-Lord/Gara'jal before Spirit Kings and Elegon. Those fights are just that much harder without a Disc.

In theory, you could do Heroic Wind-Lord before any other Heroic. Only need a good geared tank and a good disc Priest basically. We have Twink Raids downing him on HC every Week, while only clearing Normal Mogu + Normal HoF/ToES). But those are all good players who know the fight. So if you're more like average and struggling on NHC, stick with the above mentioned path.
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-01-04 at 09:38 AM.

You didn't say if you were 10 or 25.

The difficulty level on learning Stone Guard on 10-man varies from week to week, depending on which dog you don't have to deal with. If there's a week coming up with no Jasper in your region, that's the time to try it in its easiest mode. I think (tho I may have counted wrong) that next week is no-Jasper week in the US.

Definitely clear normal modes entirely before stepping into heroic modes, IMO. That's the intended progression path, after all: MSV - HoF - Terrace - H-MSV - H-HoF - H-Terrace.

Only once you get stuck into heroic modes should you be thinking about jumping around the bosses, doing them in a non-linear fashion for progression. In other words, you'd do 3/6 heroic MSV, then go kill a couple of bosses in HoF heroic, then go back to MSV, that sort of thing. But for normal? Just go through as intended, linearly. Best way to do it.

Also the sha-touched weapons from the later half of HoF and Terrace are a significant boost for your raid.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I'd say these statistics really don't mean much as many guilds probably try to clear everything on normal before moving to hardmodes, especially casual guilds. Doesn't make the fights more difficult though. If you can kill garalon you can kill gara'jal hc
    DPS requirement on gara'jal hc is way harder than Garalon (or any normal mode fight, for that matter).