So I'm finally trying out the 20/20/0/0/30 Greatsword Shatter Build and it's... different. I'm not sure I like the feel of it. However, it has a lot smaller rampup than a Phantasm build and actually lets me burst down some people, hard. But without the sustained pressure it's kinda like old warcraft rogues. Do or die, and if you throw everything at them and they're still standing, you better gtfo or you're not going to make it.

I did the full bunker thing, and was meh. I really liked dual-sword Phantasm and how it played, and how it could be offensive but still give me the tools I needed for prolonged encounters and able to keep it up. This... I'm not sure how I feel about.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2013-01-03 at 07:30 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    So I'm finally trying out the 20/20/0/0/30 Greatsword Shatter Build and it's... different. I'm not sure I like the feel of it. However, it has a lot smaller rampup than a Phantasm build and actually lets me burst down some people, hard. But without the sustained pressure it's kinda like old warcraft rogues. Do or die, and if you throw everything at them and they're still standing, you better gtfo or you're not going to make it.

I did the full bunker thing, and was meh. I really liked dual-sword Phantasm and how it played, and how it could be offensive but still give me the tools I needed for prolonged encounters and able to keep it up. This... I'm not sure how I feel about.
    That's what I run, with deceptive evasion it's just a constant stream of clones to shatter. Illusionary Retribution is also clutch. I do it with a GS/Staff combo, mostly for PvE and then Power/Precision/Cond gear with Coral Orbs and Power/Cond/Vit and Chrysocola Jewels for Accessories. You end up a bit squishier than you're probably used to but the damage is pretty high. Best example I have is CoF path 2, I can burst down my Acolyte in the final chamber in probably half the time of every other group member I've ever done it with, I have to literally count to 3 before I hit it just to make sure I don't kill it too early.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

A whole patch dedicated to mesmers!

Mesmer
    Shatter skills now share a global 0.25 second recharge, to prevent multiple shatter effects triggering on the same illusion.

Shattered Strength: This trait now grants 1 stack of might per illusion shattered.

Happy new year mesmers!

-_-

I don't know who is developing and balancing this game, but it sure as hell isn't Blizzard. Or more than a couple of people for that matter.

It was needed tbh.
    And yea shatter gs build is great due to switching to sword/x with immobilise and blurred frenzy so u always get 4man shatters off

What was needed is for them to fix the bug that counted more than 3 illusions in one MR, not plaster on yet another think layer of band-aid in the form of a global cooldown on shatters.

It's nearly impossible to fix this in another way. There's a grey area on what's a hit on a button and what isn't. This applies to the oneshot eles aswell. The only way to fix those is programming in a delay or making buttons only apply one at a time which is pretty anoying since all button presses have to become on button release and not on button press and then you have to make sure ppl can't remap hack it which is all very hard to do.

Their line of reasoning is good for another thing. Even if you can't multishatter one illusion you could still insta shatter 6clones and I think that's what they wanted to nerf aswell.

Deleted
    the shatter cooldown was necessary and for sh. strenght i think a little cooldown would be better then the downgrade to just 1 stack.

Anyone who has ever done coding in their life instantly recognized what they did. There was no ulterior motive or other mechanic identified that needed change, the devs were simply lazy. The .25s cooldown was a lazy way of making the fix, and that is exactly what they did. That is what annoys me, especially after how they handled the zerker and how they still manage to get away with blatantly ignoring the heap of bugs still plaguing mesmers.

yes it's a lazy way of fixing it but it's that or revising all instant skills while the only real issue lies with mesmer.

Not sure why adding a .25 second cooldown to shatter abilities is such a hot issue...

If the intended goal was to stop them from going off simultaneously, it does that just fine without impacting gameplay.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Not sure why adding a .25 second cooldown to shatter abilities is such a hot issue...

If the intended goal was to stop them from going off simultaneously, it does that just fine without impacting gameplay.
    This, i'm not even noticing the GCD, i mean fuck, by the time i need to shatter again i'm more than able to.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

You can no longer do instant (3+1)+(2+1) shatter combos if you set up your illusions before for the 3+1 and 0.25s is going to break the burst chain /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by JonPeters
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomDude
    I think it’s a temporary bandaid until they can actually figure out what the problem is.
    It seems they can’t identify what is causing it,so they added a preventing measure.
    Better than doing nothing imo.
    We have a winner! This was an especially bad problem so we did what we had to do given the resources we had to solve this while the studio was closed for the new year/holidays.

Jon
    At least they admit that for whatever reason they didn't have the resources to fix it.

And yes people the GCD is not a big deal, but it is one none the less. For example you can't instantly chain a shatter and distortion with illusionary persona.

While the band-aid fix is irksome, without Illusionary Persona it wasn't something the average player could take advantage of without a bug anyways. If anything, it stops Distortion from going on fat-fingered cooldown when I hit Diversion.

Losing the Might Stacks hurts though. Mesmers aren't allowed to do damage apparently, but Warriors can passively keep up 25 stacks on themselves no problem and that's intended.

I don't... what.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    While the band-aid fix is irksome, without Illusionary Persona it wasn't something the average player could take advantage of without a bug anyways. If anything, it stops Distortion from going on fat-fingered cooldown when I hit Diversion.

Losing the Might Stacks hurts though. Mesmers aren't allowed to do damage apparently, but Warriors can passively keep up 25 stacks on themselves no problem and that's intended.

I don't... what.
    Now now Kel!! It's only the greatsword that can do that!! (You know the hardest hitting thing they have BEFORE might...)

That trait really needs to be man handled by the nerf bat or moved to being a Grand Master Trait...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Can someone point me a precision/toughness/condition damage exotic set for WvW?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post
    Can someone point me a precision/toughness/condition damage exotic set for WvW?
    Orr temple karma gear: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List...rma_armor_sets

I think that set is mainly from karma or CM, TA, HotW, Arah aswell it seems: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Item_nomenclature
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-01-08 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    This, i'm not even noticing the GCD, i mean fuck, by the time i need to shatter again i'm more than able to.
    This, I don't see a problem either. It's not like you shatter when you don't have any images out.