Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    That makes sense, but tbh he can make it a homage to the classic openning and not make it look like it came from the 60s

As for the Cartmel Masterplan.... God I hope they do bring that into the new season, would be so freakin epic!
    At no point does the new opening look anything like what was being shown in the first few seasons of Doctor Who. Please go lookup Alpha Centauri if you need an example.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was watching some repeats the other day and I came across this;

I had to pause my TV at that exact moment because I couldn't believe that was David Morrissey in Doctor Who! It's weird when an actor gets a huge role and then you start noticing them in smaller roles from other older shows.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    iirc, I think she didn't just erase him from the Dalek memory, but others as well. It's fuzzy and I can't remember specifically but I swear there was an episode or two where he expected things to recognize his name but they didn't.
    I can't remember who it was, but there was somebody that asked the Doctor something like, 'how is it that nobody can remember the Doctor?'

He wasn't just erased from the Daleks memory, but any database that mentioned the Doctor (I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I cant remember ever seeing the doctor in asia / africa that much. But honestly, they could just try going to another planet. The story gets more stale the longer he stays on earth it seems. I wasnt a fan of the cowboys and the angel episode, I mean they turn around for a good 5 minutes and nothing happens.
    What gets stale to me is when they don't really put him in no win situations and let it reveal something about his character. I can't believe they chickened out and never had the Doctor meet with Brian Williams (Rory's dad) face to face about losing his son and daughter-in-law. What's the point of going through all of that and not have the payoff of the Doctor in a no-win situation? They just dodged the issue by having a storyboard / animated thing where Brian gets a letter in the mail about it and he just accepts it? That's terrible.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 02:34 PM ----------

iirc, I think she didn't just erase him from the Dalek memory, but others as well. It's fuzzy and I can't remember specifically but I swear there was an episode or two where he expected things to recognize his name but they didn't.
    I had the impression that it was just the Daleks that got the memory wipe. Maybe other races might mention the Doctor, and the Daleks might see that, but they'd probably be too arrogant, not believing that someone could actually hack their pathweb and delete all those files, and instead scoff and consider stories about the Doctor as legit as Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    I had the impression that it was just the Daleks that got the memory wipe. Maybe other races might mention the Doctor, and the Daleks might see that, but they'd probably be too arrogant, not believing that someone could actually hack their pathweb and delete all those files, and instead scoff and consider stories about the Doctor as legit as Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.
    Yea that's how it was set-up... but then it was later revealed that it wasn't just them. What Grandpab mentioned sounds like what I am thinking of, I just can't remember specifically

Yea that's how it was set-up... but then it was later revealed that it wasn't just them. What Grandpab mentioned sounds like what I am thinking of, I just can't remember specifically
    I figured it out. It was River in the Angels Take Manhattan episode.

The Doctor asks her how prison was, she responds saying "I was pardoned ages ago. It turns out the person I killed never existed in the first place. Apparently there's no record of him. It's almost as if someones gone around deleting himself from every database in the universe, and now, no one's ever heard of you. Didn't you use to be someone?"

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I figured it out. It was River in the Angels Take Manhattan episode.

The Doctor asks her how prison was, she responds saying "I was pardoned ages ago. It turns out the person I killed never existed in the first place. Apparently there's no record of him. It's almost as if someones gone around deleting himself from every database in the universe, and now, no one's ever heard of you. Didn't you use to be someone?"
    Yes! Thanks Was driving me crazy and my Tivo deleted this whole season so I couldn't check

Squeeeeee

The BBC is slowly ramping up the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who this year. The anniversary special is filming in April, there's a specially commissioned drama about the shows creation being written by Mark Gatiss and now rumours are rife about a book of eleven short stories, each based on one of the Doctor's incarnations and each written by a famous author. Rumour is that JK Rowling has already been approached...

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    what ever the outcome, i think its going to be an interesting story to see what they do with Clara. the doctor knows somethings up.

funny episode, loved the sherlock holmes cross over

also, how much time has passed since tatm to this episode? as the doctor has changed a lot, so im guessing its a long time.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 01:25 AM ----------

yeah, wonder if they will ever pick that up, or just leave it open, maybe reference things she did after that if she is infact his daughter. never actually show what she did, just reference it sometimes. could see them doing that.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 01:30 AM ----------

the reason i dont think she is the doctors daughter, first off her memory, time lords do not lose their memory when they regenerate, so she would remember the doctor from the the original episode. and 2nd, unless she got a time machine from somewhere, how did she get back to victorian england. the only thing that i can think of that explains the no memory of the doctor is that she infact a time lord, but somehow got hold of a chamelon arc, but then i think if a time lord dies while under the affects of a chamelon arc, he dies for good and does not regenerate.
    Well...She only asked "Doctor? Doctor who?" in a tone that could still mean "Doctor? Doctor who, you mean my father?" or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    What gets stale to me is when they don't really put him in no win situations and let it reveal something about his character.

I remember one at least he was runing away from [forgot the race] and ended up in ancient england he had her assistant help him by removing his memory and implanting a fake one so he could lay low while danger passed unexpectedly this fake person fell in love and when it was revealed that he was the doctor and to save everyone he would have to erase his current personality this was devastating for the girl the doctor had fallen in love with and for the "fake" doctor as well.

seems like a lose lose to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    rumours are rife about a book of eleven short stories, each based on one of the Doctor's incarnations and each written by a famous author. Rumour is that JK Rowling has already been approached...
    AAWWEESSOOMMEE. Get JK to write the "Matt Smith" story, then get Niel Gaiman to write the "David Tennant" story and I can die happy
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

There is a rumor going around that Moffat intends to "restart" the series at the 50th anniversary.

Hmm, now I'm not sure what that would imply but here are some thoughts:
    1) Doctor erases himself from every database in the universe (River tells us this happens).
    2) The Doctor reveals his name on the fields of Trenzalore (which may be the passcode to unlock the Time War).
    3) Doctor's original reasons for leaving Gallafrey are found to be much more sinister (The Doctor Lies).

There's no evidence that there will be a "restart" but if the rumors are true, the consensus is that much of what we know about the Doctor will be revealed as false/a lie and therefore restore the mystery to his character. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post

There's no evidence that there will be a "restart" but if the rumors are true, the consensus is that much of what we know about the Doctor will be revealed as false/a lie and therefore restore the mystery to his character. Any thoughts?
    honestly i am not really sure what we actually know about the doctor, a lot of information is contradicted many times over, from age, to his actual (going back to 1st incarnation) species, regeneration limitations, family. About the only thing that is genuinely consistent with him through 50 years of television is ...... the name "the Doctor"
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Quote Originally Posted by Soullord View Post
    I remember one at least he was runing away from [forgot the race] and ended up in ancient england he had her assistant help him by removing his memory and implanting a fake one so he could lay low while danger passed unexpectedly this fake person fell in love and when it was revealed that he was the doctor and to save everyone he would have to erase his current personality this was devastating for the girl the doctor had fallen in love with and for the "fake" doctor as well.

Family of Blood And yes that was a brilliant episode

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I don't think Clara's resurrections have anything to do with the snow.

I saw a theory a little while back that she might be the Doctor's daughter introduced in the episode "The Doctor's Daughter". This theory was based on the fact that Clara's chair in her "ship" is the same as the chair that the Doctor's daughter left on: [img]http://i.imgur.com/EDXdj.png[/img]. If this were true, it could mean that she can regenerate, but that wouldn't explain why she looks different than the doctor's daughter but then the same each time she regenerates now...
    Called it after that dalek episode aired. Still sticking with that, gna do a princess leya story on us..but daughter instead of sis!

One thing that I thought of was... in the first episode, when we see her, I think we just see what she thinks she looks like. You know how sometimes the way we see ourselves in our mind's eye isn't representative of what we actually look like? It got me thinking about when Time Lords regen if they every particularly like a version of themselves the most and hold onto that image. So when she crashed landed on that planet she might not have looked like that at all (assuming she is the doctors daughter and stuff) and that really could have been a later version of her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soullord View Post

that was the family of blood, and it wasn't really ancient England, it was just before WW1. also in tennants last episode he visits the woman who is the grandchild of the women he fell in love with, and asks her if she was happy, she says yes, what about you? and he smiles and walks off.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 12:45 AM ----------

can someone tell me, its probably obvious and i just forgot it/didn't see it, but why in asylum of the daleks, when they are talking why doesn't she sound like a dalek?

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 12:48 AM ----------

There is a rumor going around that Moffat intends to "restart" the series at the 50th anniversary.

1) Doctor erases himself from every database in the universe (River tells us this happens).
    2) The Doctor reveals his name on the fields of Trenzalore (which may be the passcode to unlock the Time War).
    3) Doctor's original reasons for leaving Gallafrey are found to be much more sinister (The Doctor Lies).

i dont think they would restart, again so soon.

but i would love to see the time war. also, i think they will some how get around telling us his name, its always been a mysterious bit on the show, i dont thiknk they will reveal it. the doctor tells many stories about what he did in the Time war, we know he had/used "the moment"

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    that was the family of blood, and it wasn't really ancient England, it was just before WW1. also in tennants last episode he visits the woman who is the grandchild of the women he fell in love with, and asks her if she was happy, she says yes, what about you? and he smiles and walks off.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 12:45 AM ----------

can someone tell me, its probably obvious and i just forgot it/didn't see it, but why in asylum of the daleks, when they are talking why doesn't she sound like a dalek?

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 12:48 AM ----------

i dont think they would restart, again so soon.

but i would love to see the time war. also, i think they will some how get around telling us his name, its always been a mysterious bit on the show, i dont thiknk they will reveal it. the doctor tells many stories about what he did in the Time war, we know he had/used "the moment"
    I find it funny that people think 100 years ago was ancient.

In the radio transmissions she had he own voice because she still had her personality, however when face to face her mechanical body had the classic Dalek filter.

As for Restart the show has been on air for almost 50 years with a 12 year break. It has more episodes lost than most Sci-Fi Shows had. Only Star Trek comes close and that is because it counts TOS (79), TAS (22 ), TNG (178), DS9 (176 ), VOY (172 ), Ent (98 ), 10 movies, 1 reboot movie, and one reboot movie coming soon. Total Star Trek Episodes and Movies 737, Total Doctor Who Episodes 790 with 106 missing episodes because the BBC cleared out many of the early episodes during the early 70's. Oh and if we count spin off shows and movies,2 Dr Who Movies staring Peter Cushing as the Doctor, K-9 and Company 1 episode, Torchwood 41, The Sarah Jane Adventures 53 episodes + 1 short, and K9 26 for a total of 914 episodes and related films.

Star Trek has Rebooted because over the years the show forgot it's roots. And many long time Who fans which include Steven Moffit feel That Doctor Who has lost the Special Mystery that the Early show had. Also poorly written continuity during the 70's has made making the restarted series a bit of a pain for the producers.

So I just watched Let's Kill Hitler and I thought it was strange. Why did River have to save the doctor? Couldn't he just have regenerated? I thought he had a couple of regenerations left. Did I miss something in a previous episode or will it be explained in the future?

10+ Year Old Account

Restart the series?

The Doctor can regenerate 13 times right? Aren't there two more doctors?
    Putin khuliyo