Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Tank-Sin is probably the best single man defender or cap staller in the game. This actually a pretty decent solo build. You're not going to be really killing anyone but outlasting.

Main goals or objectives would be the solo guy in Civil War to halt them from capping their go to side. Being a Sin you have the speed boost and stealth to halt a single man almost indefinitely till help arrives. This strat works in Novare coast as well.

When it comes to guarding targets you will want to either guard a healer or a high dpser. That being said a good tank will rotate guarding as the situation arises. Sticking to one target is not making the best use of your guard. You should be actively looking at people being focused and use your guard and taunts to minimize damage.

You have a role to play and you need to play it in order to increase your odds of winning. Remember take responsibility into your own hands don't assume your teammates are going to make the right move.

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    That being said a good tank will rotate guarding as the situation arises. Sticking to one target is not making the best use of your guard. You should be actively looking at people being focused and use your guard and taunts to minimize damage.
    This is why I wish they had mouseover macros in this damn game. I keep trying to switch guard but with people always moving around and with enemies mixed in sometimes its hard to click on them to drop a Guard on.

It's not necessarily easy to pick out names, but I only switch guard by clicking the raid frame and guarding. In general, clicking on enemies or friendlies hasn't been worth my effort. Probably because I never became accustomed to mouse over healing/whatever in wow. It generally hasn't been too bad. I'm usually able to get a flag carrier guarded in a few seconds if we're in a crowd. If we're the only folks nearby, or I noted their name prior to them getting the ball, no issues. Similarly when approaching situations with folks under fire. I can usually tell via name or health bars dropping, who the target I need to guard is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    This is why I wish they had mouseover macros in this damn game. I keep trying to switch guard but with people always moving around and with enemies mixed in sometimes its hard to click on them to drop a Guard on.
    I personally never had an issues using guard via the raid frame. It is usually pretty easy to tell who's taking damage and thusly who you should be guarding. Well at least that's how I do it. Same with healing.

I enjoy PvP. I guess if I didnt care about PvP then I wouldnt get upset over losing. Also I had horrible experiences running in tradechat premades in WoW and refuse to ever do it again. It might be different in this game but for now Im going solo. Also why does everyone always say "Just group up" I know its a MMO and all but I just like doing things solo. Also please dont anyone say just play games like CoD if you like solo PvP because unless you plan on buying me a PS3 or X-Box 360 thats not an option
    I'm going solo most of the time... which is why I think I can understand your situation. However, I have matches against good players and some against bad ones... not sure why you don't have this rotation as I'm sure you also have sometimes same faction pvp?!. Something just doesn't match up here.

The reason why I thought you should group up is that I don't believe that there is no other person on your server which likes to do pvp... and believe me, if you are 2-3-4 people the pvp becomes more relaxed and if you are good... you are going to take the other 4 people with you. The more important benefit is that you can cover each objective, calling in incs much sooner = protecting your objectives much better. There is nothing more frustrating as if you are 2 cannons down fighting for a second to cap and as soon as that one turns green, you lose your previous one and why?.... Because nobody called in an inc/ nobody was standing there/ that nobody thought you've lost anyway.

This kind of people will get on my ignore list because they didn't catch the basic of a pvp match, to win as a team and to take responisbility for what you are doing.

I had so many games which have been turned around... either by sneaking behind the enemy and tapping the middle while your "stupid non communicative teammates" were getting slaughtered at the speeder point in civil war. How many times all of the people are trying to cap instead of stunning/ pushing back enemy player.... you have to do it then, otherwise you won't cap it ever. Are you throwing stuns on other players which are not engaged with you? Are you pushing back guys doing Ravage to not let your teammates eat the highest dmg of the spell?... There are tons of possibilities where you can be "more" than just another player trying to get as many medals as possible.

@pvp what is the problem with mercs?.. I'm playing one myself and I don't see the problem at least in non-rated warzones?!...

Just wondering... What is a decent server for Empire? I seriously cant take this anymore. I also play on Jedi Covenant and have had my weekly for 5 days and still havent gotten 9 wins. Not switching to Republic so guess my only other choice is to reroll somewhere else. Have played 17 WZs tonight and havent gotten a single win. Even tried a premade a few times and that didnt work so its useless to even group up. Id rather just find a new server rather than quit the game. I came back for the PvP and losing all day and night long is just not fun.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2013-01-04 at 03:29 AM.

Deleted
    I play on TOFN, and its the same, VS REP, Emp get slaughtered 90% of the time. Matches we win are VS EMP. Personally I think REP just have a mass of players who play healing, and EMP attract DPS, and therefore it feels unbalanced because REP teams heal alot. Furthermore Jedi sages seem OP in hutball, as they are immune to all rooting, and jest grab the ball and fly past everything and score, so hutball is all but impossible against rep.

Most of the wins I enjoy are in other matches, but the ratio is about 3 wins to every 10 games, unless u guild pug with top dps and healer players, then u at least stand a chance. CC is a big prob for me as i spend half the match in cc.

I hate CC, and sadly this game PVP wise is more CC then much else.

I found its much more fun to troll your own team than to just AFK. I love being a tank-sin in Huttball. I stand at our own goal line and force pull ball carriers up so they can score and if a Guard/Sent has the ball I make sure to stand on the edge and jump up and down so they can leap up at me and score. Its hilarious people rage so hard in chat sometimes I cry Im laughing so hard. I actually get MVP votes somehow as well. Just got 5 and I helped the enemy score all 6 times. Also if its Civil War or Coast I make my team think Im defending then run off so its unguarded and the Pubs can take it. We are so bad its comical. I might never reroll just to keep trolling my team. I mean if you know you are going to lose might as well get some laughs out of it and have fun.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2013-01-05 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethorien View Post
    I play on TOFN, and its the same, VS REP, Emp get slaughtered 90% of the time. Matches we win are VS EMP. Personally I think REP just have a mass of players who play healing, and EMP attract DPS, and therefore it feels unbalanced because REP teams heal alot. Furthermore Jedi sages seem OP in hutball, as they are immune to all rooting, and jest grab the ball and fly past everything and score, so hutball is all but impossible against rep.

Most of the wins I enjoy are in other matches, but the ratio is about 3 wins to every 10 games, unless u guild pug with top dps and healer players, then u at least stand a chance. CC is a big prob for me as i spend half the match in cc.

I hate CC, and sadly this game PVP wise is more CC then much else.
    Are you saying that Jedi sage is OP but Sith Sorcerer isn't?... as they are "mirrored" classes? Are you suggesting that they are more OP than Juggernaut/ Marauders?...

I found its much more fun to troll your own team than to just AFK. I love being a tank-sin in Huttball. I stand at our own goal line and force pull ball carriers up so they can score and if a Guard/Sent has the ball I make sure to stand on the edge and jump up and down so they can leap up at me and score. Its hilarious people rage so hard in chat sometimes I cry Im laughing so hard. I actually get MVP votes somehow as well. Just got 5 and I helped the enemy score all 6 times. Also if its Civil War or Coast I make my team think Im defending then run off so its unguarded and the Pubs can take it. We are so bad its comical. I might never reroll just to keep trolling my team. I mean if you know you are going to lose might as well get some laughs out of it and have fun.
    For people like you we should have a kick button no matter if you move your ass or not. I was having a blast with my marauder in Huttball trolling the other team by jumping their guys and score 3 times in a row.... . That is trolling... not weakening willingly your team by leaving defensive positions/ helping the other team scoring. You would be the first reason I'd leave a warzones a soon as I entered... . Your way of "thinking" this is funny just highlights your whole problem.... you make everything about you... however it's a team oriented game and if you lose it is partly your fault, in your case the reason to lose may be very well just your behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    For people like you we should have a kick button no matter if you move your ass or not. I was having a blast with my marauder in Huttball trolling the other team by jumping their guys and score 3 times in a row.... . That is trolling... not weakening willingly your team by leaving defensive positions/ helping the other team scoring. You would be the first reason I'd leave a warzones a soon as I entered... . Your way of "thinking" this is funny just highlights your whole problem.... you make everything about you... however it's a team oriented game and if you lose it is partly your fault, in your case the reason to lose may be very well just your behavior.
    Games are supposed to be about having fun arent they? I was losing pretty much every game even when I was trying my best to win. Eventually I stopped having fun and thats when I quit a few months ago. I came back expecting my side to have gotten better so again in every WZ I joined I gave it my best but it was for nothing as we lost every Coast by 90+ points, Huttball by 4+ goals, and never got past the first set of doors in Voidstar. The game started becoming not fun again. So rather than quit I just came up with a way for it to be fun. I just try and help the other team and laugh as my team rages in chat. Hey they arent paying my sub fee and hell half of them probably arent even paying at all. I can play the way I want to. And from now on I have decided to help the other team win because the reactions I get from my team mates is hilarious. Especially when I start getting MVP votes. As long as Im having fun i will play how I want.

So if you are a Pub on Jedi Covenant and you see the Assassin jumping up and down at her own goal line run to me and leap for easy wins. If you are having trouble I will force pull you.

Games are supposed to be about having fun arent they? I was losing pretty much every game even when I was trying my best to win. Eventually I stopped having fun and thats when I quit a few months ago. I came back expecting my side to have gotten better so again in every WZ I joined I gave it my best but it was for nothing as we lost every Coast by 90+ points, Huttball by 4+ goals, and never got past the first set of doors in Voidstar. The game started becoming not fun again. So rather than quit I just came up with a way for it to be fun. I just try and help the other team and laugh as my team rages in chat. Hey they arent paying my sub fee and hell half of them probably arent even paying at all. I can play the way I want to. And from now on I have decided to help the other team win because the reactions I get from my team mates is hilarious. Especially when I start getting MVP votes. As long as Im having fun i will play how I want.

So if you are a Pub on Jedi Covenant and you see the Assassin jumping up and down at her own goal line run to me and leap for easy wins. If you are having trouble I will force pull you.
    Seems to me like you have a ton of time to waste as you won't get any medals = less commodations and all the hate + most popular person on any imperial ignore list which might probably lead to people leaving your warzone before it started because at some point everyone will know that you deliberately don't want to win.

You also don't pay anyone elses subscription... but take it up to yourselve to destroy the game of 7 other people.

One question I kinda couldn't get an answer from you was..... in case you play against imperials (which happens on my server 50% of the time).... are player there magically better or are you telling me that you never ever played against your own faction?

Deleted
    In hutball, when the rep have 3/4 sages- yes imp are owned end of, ive seen it a hundred times over. Ive applied all my cc to sages, and still they zoom over the line with flag, then vanish into thin air. Hut ball they own, no im not saying in general although they are annoying, to play against.