Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As much as I loved wow I must say after 8 years or so it's about time with something new and fresh from blizzard. You need something that is challenging, because we all saw how it went with D3, it was so much people who played it at the start but once they nerfed and people cleared things super easy and fast it quickly faltered.
    It's always the journey to the goal that is fun, you saw that specially in Gw2 and d3, it was so frigging fun to level up, I tried doing rakanoth with my badly geared DH with no defense in inferno, hell I even struggled abit on hell, that was fun and I felt really good after I beat him.
    We need a progression system that isn't forced but necessary if you want the best gear, coolest mounts, coolest titles etc, I'd personally would love a system that allowed me to progress toward getting access to a new map or new dungeon, instead of getting everything handed out or having gear requirements, if it's available to all it will mean nothing to those in it.
    To stay on topic lets say it's a D3 spin off. As a progression system you could have a spell upgrade system, so you ding lets say 50, you get a set of regular abilities, but you can do tasks, quests, dungeons, search for rare hidden chests etc etc with upgrades to those spells, like as a ranger/archer etc you could start of with a single shot ability and with some hard work and dedication you'd be able to power up that ability to shoot 3 shots that spreads if there multiple mobs or fire 3 at the same guy if it's only 1 for example.
    The standard mmo nowdays for most people, is basicly hurry up to max lvl, get the best gear and wait for expansion and if you're bored there is tons of achievements you can do but neither gives you a real benefit and nobody really cares that you killed 50k critters or have 250k honorable kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    False, head developer stated that they wont work on it for consoles untill they get their hands on the new gen consoles.

Here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QutajxmfLTw
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    I hope there isn't a lock-on or tab target thing in Titan. I'd rather people used skill in aiming and premeditation in where people were going to move to next.
    The majority of MMORPG players out there actually like lock-on targeting. And most MMORPG players out there hate manual-aim mechanics. I am confident that Blizzard is very well aware of that situation. So, I would not expect Titan to play like Tera.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    They are perfectionists tbh. They will spend years and years making the game "perfect" and then they'll spend more years waiting for the exact right time to release it. This is why Blizzard is one of the worlds most successful companies. All I'm saying is, we're going to have a brilliant game once it's released, it may take some time before that day come, but it will be glorious
    Diablo 3 would like to have a word with you. I personally think that D3 was a decent game but lets just say that this subject is highly controversial. "Perfect" and "released in the perfect moment"? What about fundamental design changes made in the past few months that were a direct knee-jerk reaction to fanbase rage? What about the PvP mode which was "postponed" just before the release and promised to be implemented very soon? And now, over half year after release it is still not here and recently got scrapped and postponed again. Dont get me wrong, Blizzard is still na awesome company but I think they are not the omnipotent and unerring force as they were regarded few years ago. I shall await for Titan with slight reservation.

God I hope not. Isn't it about time we got something original out of Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimuze View Post
    Also, do we know it is going to be a MMO? What about them finally finishing, or building off of Starcraft: Ghost?
    That's what I've been saying since day 1. SC Ghost here we come

Deleted
    Rock & Roll racing online

you heard it here first

Deleted
    I would prefer an ARPG in the style of diablo but set in the warcraft universe.

Just what I personally would love to see, I know it won't happen though.

Deleted
    World of Lost Vikings

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would certainly welcome a Starcraft MMO. If they went with Diablo I just can't see how another fantasy mmo could hold water with the market saturation the way it is right now.

There is a small area of my mind where speculation is king donning tinfoil hats is a regular pastime that believes Titan is Firefall.
    -Red5 Studios seems to have a nearly absurd amount of working capital for a small, newly formed studio.
    -The only game they are making is a futuristic MMOFPS.
    -The head of Red5 Studios is Mark Kern.
    -Many of their employees are former Blizzard/WoW employees.
    -Red5 studios is just down the street a few miles from Blizzard.
    ...absurd, I know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Cant really take this site seriously, just a few months ago they were saying it was going to involve some form of time travel
    Ouch man, that hurts. For the record though, that was an opinion piece, it was in no way presented as news, leak or anything else of that nature. It was just me laying out some reasons for why I think Titan might heavily rely on time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Jesus, the whole topic is about how someone claims Blizzard is saying this to deliberately mislead us. We know that Blizzard has said this, otherwise this wouldn't be a topic. Now can people please stop to mention it, please. :/
    Actually there is just one direct mention of Titan being a brand new IP. It belongs to Zarhym and was made way back in May, 2009. At that point, I actually doubt he knew all the details about the project, as it still was in framework-design phase and was probably under tight wraps. He might've just presumed this or just wanted to put a brick wall in front of all the WoW2, Starcraft MMO theories.

The rest of the mentions are quite ambiguous and don't really exclude a spinoff, as long as it's different enough from the original franchise.
    Last edited by Mynsc; 2013-01-05 at 01:52 PM.
    titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    "Guys this is a brand new IP and not related to any of our existing franchises"

= This must be a Starcraft MMO!!!
    The title of the thread is "Titan may not be a new IP". Please at least read the article before making such comments.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elunetrain View Post
    That's what I've been saying since day 1. SC Ghost here we come
    They've already said it's an MMORPG.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 03:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I would certainly welcome a Starcraft MMO. If they went with Diablo I just can't see how another fantasy mmo could hold water with the market saturation the way it is right now.

There is a small area of my mind where speculation is king donning tinfoil hats is a regular pastime that believes Titan is Firefall.
    -Red5 Studios seems to have a nearly absurd amount of working capital for a small, newly formed studio.
    -The only game they are making is a futuristic MMOFPS.
    -The head of Red5 Studios is Mark Kern.
    -Many of their employees are former Blizzard/WoW employees.
    -Red5 studios is just down the street a few miles from Blizzard.
    ...absurd, I know.
    Titan will be an MMORPG. not an MMOFPS.

Titan will be an MMORPG. not an MMOFPS.
    So 0% aiming?

Okay.

0% interest.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I think a diablo mmo wouldnt be worth it, it would compete too much with wow.
    A starcraft mmo would be another genre, which means they could probably keep both running for a long time
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

http://titanfocus.info/_/news/titan-...more-rumor-r60

The guy, who a year before anyone ever heard the name Titan was already speaking of a Project Titan being developed by Blizzard, and who claims to have contact to someone at Blizzard, says that Blizzard wasn't 100% honest about whether Titan is going to be a new IP. He says it's going to be a spin-off of an existing franchise. He hints that it might be Diablo-related. You can read his original posts in the article.
    I think everyones taking this too literally if I couldnt talk about something but I needed an example and it had already been said it wasnt one game, of course saying its gonna be world of diablo would be a perfect example of implying world of blackthorn...because the guy can't actually give full info.

As for the section of the building, you have to remember that diablo 3 was in development, meaning it could just be in the development part of the building? Hell if someone could tell me where blizzard dota is being made and it happens to be in the same wing it could help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    You can trust me. I just flop around like a fish until I decide what I want to believe, then I tell people they are wrong for thinking some other way. It works for me.
    Words of wisdom if I have ever heard any.

A Diablo MMO is completely unnecessary when Diablo games, while not MMOs, are the next closest thing to MMOs. Though it would not surprise me in the least to find out that Blizzard lied and that they are going to reuse something.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    100% wrong company.
    I guess I will avoid buying 100% of their future products then.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    My point was if you expect a FPS out of Blizzard you're following the wrong company. I hear Activision makes "good" games though.
    Who said it would be a FPS?

I prefer 3rdPS.

Deleted
    Like many others have said Id also prefer world of starcraft, imagine what they could do with that... epic spaceship battles. a whole galaxy to explore omg epic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    So 0% aiming?

Okay.

0% interest.
    To be honest, in my head I confused FPS with RTS, which is weird because I'm thinking "MMORTS, how would that even work?". Now that I realize FPS means first person shooter, I'm thinking can't it be an RPG and an FPS at the same time anyway? So I take that back, I just woke up.

Also I've just started playing Blackthorne, as the guy in the article said World of Diablo-like could hint at Blackthorne, and from the style and the atmosphere I can really see how those two are close to each other.

And remember Blizzard registered the Project Blackstone domain. While it could be related to Diablo, maybe a new expansion, it could also be Blackthorne.

The main argument against a Diablo MMO, that I have, is that we would basicallly lose the original Diablo as a dungeoncrawler, like we lost Warcraft as an RTS.

And since Mynsc pointed out that only Zarhym mentioned once in 2009 that it's going to be an original IP, it's not really that big of a lie. Blackthorne is not one of the 3 popular franchises, there was only one game, and most people probably don't know it.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-01-05 at 02:43 PM.