Max Payne 3 Activation Issue

Hello. I've bought Max Payne 3 via Steam's christmas sale and downloaded the game then entered game from steam. Game asked me to activate my product and whenever i tried to activate it with cd key it gave me "Error contacting activation server. Please try again later." error. Tried to install vcredist, directx, social club again, enabled the game in my firewall. If you have same problems like me and solved your issue, please help me to fix this problem. Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Any games you buy and download through steam shouldn't require activation/inputting of codes as they've already bought the license for that copy and then they just attach it to your account, so sounds very strange IMO. I've bought 5 or 6 this sale and not had to manually activate a single one
    Talk to someone from their customer service team, they'll be able to help you best, though how long you'll have to wait for a reply I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Hello. I've bought Max Payne 3 via Steam's christmas sale and downloaded the game then entered game from steam. Game asked me to activate my product and whenever i tried to activate it with cd key it gave me "Error contacting activation server. Please try again later." error. Tried to install vcredist, directx, social club again, enabled the game in my firewall. If you have same problems like me and solved your issue, please help me to fix this problem. Thanks in advance.
    Don't worry mate, I've had this issue when i bought GTA 4 through steam. What it means is that Steam has run out of CD keys so just give it some hours sometimes it takes a day or two and steam will give you a CD key for you to activate your game. Its one of the common issues when a game sells loads on steam they run out of cd keys and have to get more from the dev/publisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Solondrielle View Post
    Any games you buy and download through steam shouldn't require activation/inputting of codes as they've already bought the license for that copy and then they just attach it to your account, so sounds very strange IMO. I've bought 5 or 6 this sale and not had to manually activate a single one
    Talk to someone from their customer service team, they'll be able to help you best, though how long you'll have to wait for a reply I don't know.
    I have had to manually input CD keys many times for games that require external DRM even beyond Steam, MP3 with it's Rockstar Social being one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I have had to manually input CD keys many times for games that require external DRM even beyond Steam, MP3 with it's Rockstar Social being one of them.
    How did you do this for MP3 , in social club?