How to fix Divine Star and Single Target DPS at the same time!

Add a debuff to Divine Star that causes the target to take 100% additional mindflay damage for 15 seconds.

Divine Star becomes our talent of choice for non-add fights and we get a buff to the spell that is primarily used in single target fights

DS is already our talent of choice for non-add fights that you can't be at max range all the time, though.

Deleted
    Is casting DS at say 15y range actually a dps increase over MF, ignoring the additional raid healing for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    Is casting DS at say 15y range actually a dps increase over MF, ignoring the additional raid healing for the moment.
    Yes it is.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Tying any single target damage increase to only one of our level 90 talents would just cause problems. Especially since DS is not even the optimal single target choice, it's just better for fights where we can't get to range. Hopefully blizz can come up with something to increase our stat weights slightly so that any buff won't have to be repeated if we fall behind in scaling.

Divine star is completely boss right now, I find myself taking it on a lot of fights now that it got buffed a month or so ago. I like where the talent is damage wise right now, better than halo when you're not at max range. As long as next tier has a mix of fights that keep us close and far away there will be no reason to change the way it works or its numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    remember that it hits everything twice per cast.