10+ Year Old Account

LFR Screaming Tiger polearm 2/2 or LFR Gao-Rei Staff 2/2 without +500 agi gem?

Topic title pretty much. I don't have the 500 agility gem yet for Gao Rei and both are 2/2 upgraded. Which would be better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

You weren't being very clear about what spec you are, and usually as far I know that DW is slightly better for BrM and WW alike, but it's a personal preference, I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apologies. This question is for my Windwalker spec'd Monk. Also, it's like you said. I don't have any good one-handers and I personally prefer 2H weapons...but these two are very close and I am unsure which to use.
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

?

If both are 2/2, the higher ilvl one will always be better (weapon dps>all)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes it's derpy though when considering weapon speed. I'll dig around some more and see.

Weapon speed is irrelevant for Windwalker, all damage abilities are calculated using weapon DPS as opposed to the archaic weapon damage that some classes still use.

That said, you're basically asking if a 7 ilvl difference makes one weapon better than the other. The answer is yes, yes it does.
    Last edited by Totaltotemic; 2013-01-06 at 04:35 PM.

Gao-rei is the winner since they're both 2/2 upgraded and it would still be the winner if it wasn't upgraded and he had the 500 agi gem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Weapon speed is irrelevant for Windwalker, all damage abilities are calculated using weapon DPS as opposed to the archaic weapon damage that some classes still use.

That said, you're basically asking if a 6 ilvl difference makes one weapon better than the other. The answer is yes, yes it does. Even with the addition of 500 Agility to the Gao-Rei, the higher item level would still win because 1 weapon DPS is worth around 2.5 Agility, so yeah, stick with the Screaming Tiger.
    I hope you mean Gao-Rei Both are LFR 2/2 upgraded, leaving Gao-Rei to be the higher ilevel (and better choice) one.

Quote Originally Posted by Willfred View Post
    I hope you mean Gao-Rei Both are LFR 2/2 upgraded, leaving Gao-Rei to be the higher ilevel (and better choice) one.
    Somehow I completely skipped that the Screaming Tiger was LFR as well. Not even sure why this was a question in that case...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    That right there was something I did not know. Good to know now though. Was the reason why I made this thread. :P

Many thanks.

Weapon Ranking: (Includes 1/1 or 2/2 Upgrades with BEST enchants)
    -LFR Screaming Tiger
    -463 Agi one handers in Pair.
    -470 HH Sword + 463 Agi one hander
    -LFR Gara fist + 463 Agi one hander
    -LFR Gao Rei
    -470 HH Sword Pair
    -LFR Gao Rei with Sha-Gem
    ^Almost Tie with Top^ Normal Screaming Tiger
    -LFR Gara Fist Pair
    -Sh P Fist Pair (Good luck getting both of them)
    -Normal Gao Rei with Sha Gem
    ^ Almost Tie with Top^ Heroic Screaming Tiger
    -LFR Claw of Shek pair with 1 Sha Gem
    -Normal Gara Fist Pair
    -Heroic Gao Rei Sha gemmed
    -Normal Claw of Shek Pair with 1 Sha gem
    -Heroic Gara pair
    -Heroic Gara MH, Normal Claw of Shek OH with 1 Sha Gem
    -Heroic Claw of Shek pair with 1 Sha gem.

CBF adding in Elegon axe or the Str Swords. Most of them would be just under the normal Agi pairs of it's same iLvl.
    Last edited by SnorlaxJeng; 2013-01-07 at 04:33 AM.