Deleted

Is it worth it buying a 360 at this time?

My 360 died a year or two ago and its been collecting dust ever since.
    With Halo 4 now on the 360 and having played through some good ol' Halo CE on the PC I really do feel like rebuying a 360.
    The problem is; next-gen will most likely be announced and Halo 5 will be coming out on it.

So, do you think its still worth it to buy a 360 at this point? I mean, it's much cheaper than it used to be.

I guess that comes down to you.

Would you buy a new Xbox on release when its heavily overpriced? Can you wait 1-2 more years? Are there any other games you would like to play or is it just because of Halo? Will the XBox be backward compatible?
    Personal Opinion: I would wait, because when I lived 2 years without it I can wait another 2.

Deleted
    Why not get a PS3 instead if you already had a Xbox in past?

Loads of exclusives worth playing on PS3 vs 1 or 2 new sequels if you buy another Xbox.

Also saves $60 a year not having to pay LIVE to unlock the internet part of games that come free on the disc.

Deleted
    Not sure where you live but in UK they are extremely cheap now. Saw an xbox 360 in the local paper for £60 quid, advertised with a ton of games. Even popular chains such as Cex sell them for less then 100 quid now-a-days. If you really wanna play some of the games on them, halo 4 for example, I don't see why not.

Remember if the next-gen consoles do come out this year, won't be till the end of the year, near Xmas period so you would still get about a years use out of it, about the same cost as WoW in terms of per month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post

Loads of exclusives worth playing on PS3 vs 1 or 2 new sequels if you buy another Xbox.

Also saves $60 a year not having to pay LIVE to unlock the internet part of games that come free on the disc.
    I already have a PS3 and quite frankly, it's a great console but I kind of miss the XBOX exclusive and I cannot be bothered to rebuy my Assassin's Creed collection etc. I'm planning to pass the PS3 to my sister.

--------------

I guess I will buy it and then wait a while once the 720 lowers in price.
    I was thinking of getting a Wii U first, but I'm not too impressed with it and I'd currently only get it if a new Zelda was announced.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, and the countdown Microsoft has set going untill E3 leads me to believe they have something big to announce, and I believe that's the next gen console. So nah, it'll get cheaper, or you can get the new one.

I would not buy it with the new 720 or whatever it is called so close.

Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post

You don't need to pay for a Live subscription to get the DLCs.

Would advise against it.

Deleted
    I only use mine to watch films and tv series. I would also say the PS3 has a lot more fun exlusives.
    "edit" aaaannd the next generation console will probably be announced this E3, so might aswell hold on to that money!
    Last edited by mmocfde342b214; 2013-01-06 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the Halo 4 360 for the hell of it, while I still prefer my PS3, I'm very happy with the purchase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terralon View Post
    My 360 died a year or two ago and its been collecting dust ever since.
    With Halo 4 now on the 360 and having played through some good ol' Halo CE on the PC I really do feel like rebuying a 360.
    The problem is; next-gen will most likely be announced and Halo 5 will be coming out on it.

So, do you think its still worth it to buy a 360 at this point? I mean, it's much cheaper than it used to be.
    In before people convince you to not get an Xbox 360 in some form or fasion. But, if you can wait to play Halo 4, then no its not worth getting the Xbox 360 right now with the next gen right around the corner. If you can't wait, then yes it is worth it cause your missing out on an epic game.

EDIT: Too late, someone already put on their stenchy cologne that of which is PS3.
    Call me House.

It depends entirely on how much the money you would spend is worth to you.

The next console from Microsoft will be out by Christmas 2013. Is a year of playtime on your 360 (or more, if you wait for that console to get a bunch of games) worth it to you? No one in this thread can decide that for you.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It depends what you're playing.

For me, if my 360 broke tomorrow I'd buy a new one without thinking much about it because I really enjoy a very active competitive game that wouldn't immediately be ported over to the new console whenever that comes out anyway.

Wait for ps4

Will be missed ~

As much as I'm excited about next-gen, I have to warn you buying consoles right when they launch is a risky move to make. You might end up paying loads of money for an inferior product, like when the 360 launched. Paid 400 or 500 euros for that piece of shit december 2005 manufactured 360 with a 20gb hard drive only to have it RRoD the same evening I bought it. First 360's had extremely high failure rates and short life expectancy. Xbox 360 has had like, what, 7 different motherboards in various models? Mine doesn't even have HDMI out.

Not to mention it always takes some time for a new gen console to actually have games to play specifically designed for that platform. If buying an xbox 360 now will keep you satisfied for 2 years or so, I'd say it's well worth it. Early adopting has it's perks, both in good and bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    What! no console haters trying to get u to be a PC gamer...dafuq! Anyway I've had only three xbox 360's, only being upgraded by with memory and hdmi ports... never once had a red ring of death on any of them. currently have the 320gb halo 4 console and a PS3(which freezes up alot and now gets dialog missing on somegames). Ultimately its up to u on buying it or not, or even risking buying a used one.

also its 50 a year to play on line, not 60, at least in the US, still cheaper than WoW for a year.