Thread: <3 Ghostcrawler

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    They will never leave, they have spend way to much invested in this game, and basicly hate everything about it, but thier addiction is too strong. Then they proceed to say'' I shouldnt have to leave, he should''. Quite hilarious i know, but is something that us sane ppl need to get use to. These kind of people will be here forever, the playerbase is just too big. And they will take their bullshit to any new MMO trying to get in the market.
    I feel bad for them to be honest. Who the fuck actually sits on twitter all night just to rage at GC because they are convinced he hates the playerbase? How much more can somebody strive to fit the dictionary definition of petty?
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Actually, he is. And he has been ever since he was hired after Ensemble went down.
    Because he ruined them, same as he is doing with WoW. he came around late 2008 and the first thing he did was TotC. He and the blind fanboys need to quit before they ruin the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I am talking about subscribers, which is their main source of revenue, and it maintained 10 million right after releasing Mist of Panderia, which granted hasn't gotten a full quarter to realise any bump, but as I said time will tell, My guess is the next anouncement will tell, if this has been steered in the right direction as far as development.

And as far as people whining about their classes not being OP, yes, i do see that, I have always seen that, but what is different going all the way back to Cata is that a lot more people not simply nit picking, but completly disappointed at what Blizzard has produced in terms of actual content such as the never ending dailies, LFR 25 vs 10 man, and of course CSZ, which i personally think should be done more of.

The problem simply comes back to a lack of response on Blizzard part in an effective way which doesn't consist of sarcasim or out and out right disrespect, personally I have always noticed it, but recently others have become to realise this also.

I am not talking about what % of the people feel this way or that way, my critic comes at Blizzard over all handling of the situation, you can deal with thing without pandering to everybody, or catering to everybodies wishes. Nobody reasonable expect change over night but frankly Blizzard lately has failed to deliver, and not just with WoW as far as content goes, I know plenty of people non too happy with Diablo 3 at first. I assume is better but i haven't heard or read otherwise.

But the point is GC being snide and disrespectful is over the line, we are not at his whims mercy or dependent on him or the developers per say, of course ME and Others can simply GO play something else, but I like many others probably feel a bit vested and interested in what is to come.

But we are their bosses not the other way around, and if the customers whether you agree with them or you don't keep treating them like crap and of course people may stick around for WOW for the reasons i have given, but posion the water enough i is going to effect your bottom line as it is with blizzard.

Some go " But wait a minute they are still a billion dollar company" Being Number 1 and having billions doesn't mean a thing if you can't sustain that, and if the direction is to treat people the way GC does is going to be the benchmark, then Blizzard is in a lot of trouble, go ahead Yuck it up. Don't worry people will eventually move on, but like with many other very successful corporations it can go down and never get back up.
    LMAO no you're not, you THINK you are entitled to anything and everything to go your way, but your'e not, you are playing THIER game THEY make the decisions, you eaither adapt or leave. You dont make any decisions to be called ''Boss'' and im baffled that you actually think you are entiled to something. You pay 15$ because you choose to, you can give feedback sure, but you ARE NOT, entitled to anything period. Honestly after reading that it just makes people like you look like entitled brats.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-01-06 at 02:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some go " But wait a minute they are still a billion dollar company" Being Number 1 and having billions doesn't mean a thing if you can't sustain that, and if the direction is to treat people the way GC does is going to be the benchmark, then Blizzard is in a lot of trouble, go ahead Yuck it up. Don't worry people will eventually move on, but like with many other very successful corporations it can go down and never get back up.
    He treats snide, disrespectful fucks like the snide and disrespectful fucks that they truly are. If anything, I consider him to be giving those that exhibit such behavior a lesson in human relations that, apparently, was never taught to them by their parents or other authority figures.

If you disagree with him, he always asks for parses, evidence, etc. for why the disparity of opinion exists. If you tweet him claiming he hates the entire playerbase, you can't honestly expect him to respond constructively to that, can you?
    Last edited by kleinlax21; 2013-01-06 at 02:26 PM.
    Stop dating strippers.
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Because he ruined them, same as he is doing with WoW. he came around late 2008 and the first thing he did was TotC. He and the blind fanboys need to quit before they ruin the game.
    Get your facts straight, he joined in Sunwell.

Because he ruined them
    Right. So Microsoft had nothing to with the "optimization" process. It was all down to Ghostcrawler.

Deleted
    Don't remind me, TotC was an all time low in PvE content. And yes Ghostcrawler needs to just follow two set of rules:

1. Make the game as just and fair as possible you can. Let the player decide how to play it, it's a MMO don't sheep him into one raid version, one PvP mode, etc..
    2. Try to hear the feedback from the community and always know that what you did might not be good when the community recieves it. Almost like your writing a book and then the people come and criticise it. You only wrote the book for other people to read so then you should expect criticism and try to improve next time.

Follow that set of rules and you got a hit going. At least that's my opinion if I was in his place, but then again I have always been a good guy and tried to please everyone.
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2013-01-06 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valium104 View Post
    Get your facts straight, he joined in Sunwell.
    Sunwell was late 2008. He actually started influencing the game around 3.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Proof?
    10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    LMAO no you're not, you THINK you are entitled to anything and everything to go your way, but your'e not, you are playing THIER game THEY make the decisions, you eaither adapt or leave. You dont make any decisions to be called ''Boss'' and im baffled that you actually think you are entiled to something. You pay 15$ because you choose to, you can give feedback sure, but you ARE NOT, entitled to anything period. Honestly after reading that it just makes people like you look like entitled brats.

That is right I choose to pay 15$, and to any business the bottom line is what the customer spends, you are right i am entitled to be treated respectfully and to hold certain expectations. You seem to think because Blizzard is a Billion Dollar Company they make games and do us all a favor, and that grants them special privilage. I assure you it doesn't I do have a vested interest in what i have but in, and I think it is reasonable for anybody who has put in 15$ a month to do that very thing, and when the Lead Developer decides to get smart mouthed and decides to spout off on twitter in a very disrespectful way, I think it is more than prudent for paying customers to say " Wait a minute, whether GC liked or disliked someones question" he always has the choice aswell to answer in a tactful way or simply ignore it and move on.

Entitled brats feel they are owed something for nothing, a prudent consumer is someone who pays for something and demands to have the merchant be accountable for their product/
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure he was the sole designer, coder, visionary, and tester of TotC though, amirite? In that case, it most definitely was GC's fault, as surely nobody else could have possibly been involved.

Ulduar, on the other hand, surely was developed when GC was taking his vacation months, as there is no WAY he could possibly have had anything to do with it, as it's the best raid ever since MC.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 08:42 AM ----------

That is right I choose to pay 15$, and to any business the bottom line is what the customer spends, you are right i am entitled to be treated respectfully and to hold certain expectations. You seem to think because Blizzard is a Billion Dollar Company they make games and do us all a favor, and that grants them special privilage. I assure you it doesn't I do have a vested interest in what i have but in, and I think it is reasonable for anybody who has put in 15$ a month to do that very thing, and when the Lead Developer decides to get smart mouthed and decides to spout off on twitter in a very disrespectful way, I think it is more than prudent for paying customers to say " Wait a minute, whether GC liked or disliked someones question" he always has the choice aswell to answer in a tactful way or simply ignore it and move on.

Entitled brats feel they are owed something for nothing, a prudent consumer is someone who pays for something and demands to have the merchant be accountable for their product/
    You only wish for them to be held accountable to your standards. You are the epitome of a self-entitled customer wrapped in a juicy layer of ignorance.
    Stop dating strippers.

10+ Year Old Account

Paying 15$ doesn't give you the right to talk shit to developers, even GC has said this. You expect to be threated like a king while talking down to a developer? REALLY? Do you go to a Store and rage at the employees calling them idiots and incapable because you bought something and is not what you expected, and expect to be 100% threated like a respectful custumer? You are not entitled to anything, no matter how much you think you are, you either learn to give feedback or stfu. If you disrecpect someone dont expect pure respect in return. Life 101.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-01-06 at 02:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, I don't have an idea how businesses work.
    Neither do you, but do you know who has a clue about that: Blizzard.
    Actually I do know where things come from and how business works. I also work for a living so, when I spend money or invest my time or any resource, It matters to me how what i choose to spend on performs.

I don't blindly stick up for a company.
    I see how people like you reply and THEN I stick up for them because I can't stand people like you.
    I personally don't care what you can stand, I think you are being overly emotional, and you are projecting your hostility, rather then looking at the over all issue objective. You are as much a part of the problem as the people you are complaining about. If other peoples opinions of feelings on firing GC get you that upset, then that is your personal issue, and I am not going to make it my problem.

That's a decline in subs, not in the game.
    And I would suggest looking up those numbers again, because the 3th was not a decline and Q4 isn't known yet.
    Subscribers tied to how many people are in the game. It didn't decline last querter it held steady, which is not that great if it remains the same or goes down since after releasing another expansion. That is just basic business.

They are treated exactly as they should be.
    Most companies are driven by money, but even with those greedy companies there's a limit: The "fact" that someone pays them money does not give them the right to act like assholes towards developers.
    You don't know who i am, and you do not know the many others who disagree with you and me, who also think GC should be fired. You aren't in any position and neither is any developer of a company to pass judgements on people or be abusive and suggest what people deserve, and it is obnoxious to think so.

It has nothing to do with your "opinion", it's the part where you want everyone to be fired because you don't like what they do. That is stupid, get it?

Ooh dear yes, I have heard that argument for the last two years.
    And guess what? WoW still has more customers than any other sub-based MMORPG, so it's not damaging them at all.

Like has nothing to do with it, but when a represenative of a company millions of people pay to play is being this disrespectful, and treatiing people like dirt yes, as for him and how he feels, he also made a choice to and makes choices everyday.

And making passive aggressive snarky comments leads me to believe maybe he should work behind the scenes or in something different that doesn't require dealing with the public.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 02:52 PM ----------

Paying 15$ doesn't give you the right to talk shit to developers, even GC has said this. You expect to be threated like a king while talking down to a developer? REALLY? Do you go to a Store and rage at the employees calling them idiots and incapable because you bought something and is not what you expected, and expect to be 100% threated like a respectful custumer? You are not entitled to anything, no matter how much you think you are, you either learn to give feedback or stfu. If you disrecpect someone dont expect pure respect in return. Life 101.

No, nobody should have to tolerate abuse, and he has tools for which to deal with that, that do not consist of being rude or arrogant. But Paying for a service does entitle you to accountability, that is the very nature of exchanging currency for goods and services.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    Can't stand the guy personally. His position lets him cherry-pick the dumbest arguments to hack down to avoid having to answer for his terrible design decisions, and he only ever admits he was wrong when the time comes to promote a new expansion that will fix everything. The sooner he gets replaced, the better.
    How about thinking a little further than 2 inches from the nose? How about he is picking such tweets which allow him to answer within the character limits allowed on Twitter?
    Intelligent, and valid comments/suggestions deserve a rather thorough recognition, and answer.
    They may in some cases very well get exactly that in other shape or form in the forums, or in a blog.

But let's play this game for now..... You, and everyone who shares your opinion to fire GC....
    Tell me EXACTLY what GC's job description is, what his responsibilities are, and then why he failed according to that.

If you cannot deliver exactly that (and I am sure you cannot, unless you are part of Blizzards Management).... then just be silent, and stop demanding some persons firing. Such claim can only be made when you know what their job actually is.
    Anything else is not just unreasonable, it's incompetent and immature ranting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    I'm sure he was the sole designer, coder, visionary, and tester of TotC though, amirite? In that case, it most definitely was GC's fault, as surely nobody else could have possibly been involved.

Ulduar, on the other hand, surely was developed when GC was taking his vacation months, as there is no WAY he could possibly have had anything to do with it, as it's the best raid ever since MC.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 08:42 AM ----------

You only wish for them to be held accountable to your standards. You are the epitome of a self-entitled customer wrapped in a juicy layer of ignorance.

Any business class I know of or operating business venture, that is a basic structure for dealing with customers. Customers are going to be Rude, so is the public, but when you are representing a company, you need to deal from the higher ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marahdeka View Post
    You "forgot" to post the follow-up: "Context FTW. We don't care if a "silent majority" agrees with you. We care about the strength of your argument or feedback."
    Silent majority by default loves teh little blue crab known as Ghostcrawler <3

Deleted
    Any business class I know of or operating business venture, that is a basic structure for dealing with customers. Customers are going to be Rude, so is the public, but when you are representing a company, you need to deal from the higher ground.
    Except GC has poor PR skills. That's why he should talk less and do more. Aren't that what "Community Managers" job? While I understand that news comming from him feel more direct as he is the "Lead System Designer" I don't think I would have time or effort to answer as much on Twitter as he does...

Kinda feel obliged to quote the <you had one job> and CG should stick to what his job is and let the "Community Managers" sweat-talks us with lies of future kick-ass PvE content and such.
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2013-01-06 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    How about thinking a little further than 2 inches from the nose? How about he is picking such tweets which allow him to answer within the character limits allowed on Twitter?
    Intelligent, and valid comments/suggestions deserve a rather thorough recognition, and answer.
    They may in some cases very well get exactly that in other shape or form in the forums, or in a blog.

But let's play this game for now..... You, and everyone who shares your opinion to fire GC....
    Tell me EXACTLY what GC's job description is, what his responsibilities are, and then why he failed according to that.

If you cannot deliver exactly that (and I am sure you cannot, unless you are part of Blizzards Management).... then just be silent, and stop demanding some persons firing. Such claim can only be made when you know what their job actually is.
    Anything else is not just unreasonable, it's incompetent and immature ranting.

As oppossed to antagonistic snide comments, directed at anybody not who expect GC to have to class and take the high road. What is his job, he is lead developer of World of Warcraft. His Dutys consist of making a game that potential subscribers want to buy, he interacts with the community to have a line of communication open to get direct feedback from possible current and new customers. And while he has his Blizzard hat on, he is a represenative of Activision/Blizzard and should conduct himself accordingly, and if and when he does have interactions with the public as part of what he does, if someone is being rude or disrespectful, he has the option of ignoring them, and answering a question from someone that he finds more acceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    What should you say? Apologize to a guy who is taking his free freaking time to answer your dumb questions and flaming. You really are an ungrateful one. Do you ever say anything decent? Honestly, people like you boil my blood more than I should allow for.

To stay in line with your post where you call GC a failure: mirror mirror, get one and look at it if you want to talk about failure. Gotta love flaming, insulting and degrading a person who isn't here to defend himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    I'd rather you go and him stay, so I guess it's a tie.
    I concur. I guess this would count for a majority, if we follow forum poster logic.

He was around for Sunwell, iirc.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-01-06 at 03:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Silent majority by default loves teh little blue crab known as Ghostcrawler <3
    I dunno. I tend to support the idea that the "silent majority" doesn't even know who GC even is, let alone his forums avatar.
    I strongly believe in human natural behavior. And that commands that a happy person is (unfortunately) less outspoken than an unhappy person.
    Happy players enjoy the game, and don't spend time getting into the forums to tell exactly that.
    Proof? I don't know. Evidence? Yes.... If all 10 mio subs would actively express their opinions, the forums would be flooded like crazy, and more than often they'd crash under the load of forum posts, and traffic there.