Page 25 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Chi Wave change is awesome, gives a lot more space for SCKing the shit out of parasites for gift procs, ilvl 474 for the record two ilvl 471 fist weapons.
    First of all, congradulations! Second, how does saving two chi (free Chi Wave) give you more space for SCK (which costs energy and no Chi)?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    First of all, congradulations! Second, how does saving two chi (free Chi Wave) give you more space for SCK (which costs energy and no Chi)?
    Instead of scrounging for shuffle uptime you can have it stacked a lot more easily so you can afford the luxury of spending 3 seconds for 1 Chi.

Maloriak isn't doable until we can out DPS his remedy or get an offensive dispel. Trying Chimaeron now, seems doable with RNG in last phase. I should probably also mention the % based heal from healing elixirs is completely ignoring break.
    Last edited by mmocf10b8a8948; 2013-01-03 at 04:31 AM.

have any monks solo'd OS 25 3d? im not reading through all these pages :P also this thread needed a bump! i have OS 3d 25 at around 900k before hes going immune

Quote Originally Posted by Serendepityz View Post
    have any monks solo'd OS 25 3d? im not reading through all these pages :P also this thread needed a bump! i have OS 3d 25 at around 900k before hes going immune
    You have to do 105k dps to kill him.

Get on it.

So Windwalker can fully solo BT it seems, no need to go tank for RoS.

RoS was doable for me last night, with no interrupts, just healing myself up, think i got disoriented once or twice, but otherwise, i just bursted(lol, yes i just used that word as a Windwalker) RoS down without a problem.

However Illidari Council, i tried as WW, but i actually died when they were all on 10% hp... damn ToD not working

i did go back and destroy them as BrM though. but with a little more practise, i reckon WW would easily be doable too.
    Last edited by r3d3mpt10n; 2013-01-06 at 01:23 PM.

once again, all the BC content (other than Kalecgos) is doable as WW solo.
    I've now cleaned all the Wrath content in normal 25men, and done 12/12 ICC HM in 10m

Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    So Windwalker can fully solo BT it seems, no need to go tank for RoS.

RoS was doable for me last night, with no interrupts, just healing myself up, think i got disoriented once or twice, but otherwise, i just bursted(lol, yes i just used that word as a Windwalker) RoS down without a problem.

However Illidari Council, i tried as WW, but i actually died when they were all on 10% hp... damn ToD not working

i did go back and destroy them as BrM though. but with a little more practise, i reckon WW would easily be doable too.
    Yeah that's what I do. WW for all except Council, I go BrM for that. It's probably doable in WW, but considering it's completely faceroll as BrM I don't see the point in trying to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Yeah that's what I do. WW for all except Council, I go BrM for that. It's probably doable in WW, but considering it's completely faceroll as BrM I don't see the point in trying to learn.
    Council is more tricky as WW than BrM but as long as you know how to play WW and use cooldowns it's pretty faceroll if you're geared.

im not brilliantly geared... 472. if i remember correctly... but its mainly tactics, not gear, i mean, i found it easy to outheal their damage as WW.

Deleted
    Council as WW is pretty faceroll too as soon as you get decent gear. Did it the first time with 465 ilevel (mainspec is MW and i didn't want to respec just for Council), when I did it a second time, I had around ilevel 472 or something, didn't even use all my CDs (Fort Brew was still available, 2 of the Healing Spheres I pre-casted etc.), amazing what normalmode Gao'Rei can do So there isn't really anything tricky about it, just go in, focus something, as soon as you drop low, pop ToK, heal up with Chi Wave (should be used on CD anyways) and Expel Harm, ToD as soon as possible, after that they are all pretty low anyways.

The only thing I wonder is if SCK would be more effective than single target DPS. Did both, both works, just not sure what's really the better option (I did single target DPS on my first kill with bad gear).

I use single target on council. Interrupt + Touch of Karma + Chi Wave all on CD makes the fight much more manageable (at least I think you can interrupt some of the healing).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adornus View Post
    I use single target on council. Interrupt + Touch of Karma + Chi Wave all on CD makes the fight much more manageable (at least I think you can interrupt some of the healing).

Council goes from faceroll easy to why did i wipe 3 times hard.
    My strat :

Precast 3 healing Orbs close to the priest (top stair)
    Have 10 stacks of tiger's eye brew.
    Food and Agi Buff.
    Pre pot and Pull

Blow Tiger and Xuen.

Keep chiwave on CD.
    Stay out of the AOEs (flamestrike, blizzard, consercation. they hurt far more than the bosses)
    Focus on the mage with a eye on the priest so you can interupt her heal.
    Hard switch to priest when the paladin shields him.
    Fort Brew if you get low then TOK (so you get extra DPS), then get to your Orbs.
    TOD as soon as they get in range (it wont kill them but its a solid 350k damage to their health pool, it should bring them from 350k to about 100k.
    Spam SCK and chiwave, the bosses will stay at 1 hp after TOD until you hit them all (rogue too).
    Last edited by the0o; 2013-01-07 at 03:34 PM.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Its pretty doable faceroll as ww too...never did it as brm.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendepityz View Post
    I was trying a few weeks back, finally got back to do him again tonight and voilá:
    http://i.imgur.com/abLqF.jpg

No kiting, no fancy shit, just straight out nuking. No video unfortunately, but logs here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1627&e=1703

10+ Year Old Account
    Question : anyone else getting killed by that the DOT the first pack of demons after the second boss puts on you?

Dman thing hits for 30k then doubles every tick, lasting 30 secs, cant out heal a 500k tick

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Hi all, seems I wandered into this thread at the right point. I've been trying to solo BT on my newly dinged 90 monk, and it went well until I came to Council. I just couldn't get anywhere with them. I tried both as WW and BM. Guess its BM I should be focused on since I at least survived a bit longer. I barely made a dent in their health, think my best was 89% (that is health "left"). :/

What I am struggling with is that I felt I had to constantly roll/move out of AoE combined with getting stunned by the pally. I just couldn't get the time or opportunity to really dps.

I guess its a combination of L2P and gear issue, but what do you think gear wise? Should I be ok, if I just keep "practicing"?
    This is me btw: Stoutfist

Thanks.

Edit: Oh realized I am in WW spec, but I use the same gear for BM.
    Last edited by moowindd; 2013-01-09 at 09:20 AM.

Just solo´d BT, all fights as ww and all oneshot.

easy stuff really ...

Council was the only one that made me really work for a kill

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 10:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by moowindd View Post
    Hi all, seems I wandered into this thread at the right point. I've been trying to solo BT on my newly dinged 90 monk, and it went well until I came to Council. I just couldn't get anywhere with them. I tried both as WW and BM. Guess its BM I should be focused on since I at least survived a bit longer. I barely made a dent in their health, think my best was 89% (that is health "left"). :/

What I am struggling with is that I felt I had to constantly roll/move out of AoE combined with getting stunned by the pally. I just couldn't get the time or opportunity to really dps.

I guess its a combination of L2P and gear issue, but what do you think gear wise? Should I be ok, if I just keep "practicing"?
    This is me btw: Stoutfist

Thanks.

Edit: Oh realized I am in WW spec, but I use the same gear for BM.
    i would recommend working on your gear somewhat before soloing BT.
    atleast try to have mostly full hc dungeon gear.

Brewmaster is best for Council, yes. Doable as WW when you get the gear, but BrM is faceroll easy so y'know.

Honestly just get better gear and you'll find it simple enough.

Okay, just to repeat myself as this is being spammed over and over again here.

How are people beating Council as Windwalker? I'm 485 and they always pull a Viscidus on me. I literally have to run away and self-heal constantly when they're low because they simply will not die. As Brewmaster I still have to pop my cooldowns and wail on the healer when I'm certain they're dead and it takes a while before they actually die.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

nothing special really, just stay out of the aoe damage, interrupt heals and heal yourself as much as you can.

but i might have been lucky, came close to dying 1-2 times but rolled out and managed to get some life back before going in to finish the kill.

here´s my little bouncy ball

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uncys/advanced
    Last edited by Certin; 2013-01-09 at 11:03 AM.