Deleted

Nerf to 5.0 raids

Will there be a growing nerf to 5.0 raids as 5.2 closes in? I remember reading smth along those lines..

10+ Year Old Account
    They said they won't be doing any sort of 5.0 nerf until the next tier has launched and even then it'll be based on how they feel the relative difficulty of the instance is compared to the people still going into the instance.

i dont know if this has carried over from beta but i remember in beta there were specific achievements where if you did the raids pre nerf or turn off the nerf you get a special achievement
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont know if this has carried over from beta but i remember in beta there were specific achievements where if you did the raids pre nerf or turn off the nerf you get a special achievement
    they are only for the last bosses in each raid and its for heroic only

No please, its still soon, you may laugh but we are still progressing we just started our group to do t14 content.
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    No please, its still soon, you may laugh but we are still progressing we just started our group to do t14 content.
    same with my guild only killed 1st 3 in msv wiped on spirit kings at 80k and i suck at avoiding the sonic disks on imperial visier

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Yes they have.

Apparently they are being removed in 5.2, but I'm not 100% sure on the info.

You can also turn the nerfs off if you want according to the wording of the achievements.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I seem to recall a blue a where they said the increased ilvls from item upgrades would serve as this tiers gradual nerfs to raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    I seem to recall a blue a where they said the increased ilvls from item upgrades would serve as this tiers gradual nerfs to raids.
    Yes, there was, but on the other hand, the achievements mention raid buffs (Klaxxi Resonance, Ritual of Purification, Dampening Field), and the corresponding spells are in the database,so this could mean they would still introduce it.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Yes, there was, but on the other hand, the achievements mention raid buffs (Klaxxi Resonance, Ritual of Purification, Dampening Field), and the corresponding spells are in the database,so this could mean they would still introduce it.
    Causality... Those achievements were coded before they said that about upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Causality... Those achievements were coded before they said that about upgrades.
    Maybe, but I think the item upgrade system was in the works all the way during development, it just wasn't released in 5.0
    MMO player

Deleted
    Item upgrading is the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Maybe, but I think the item upgrade system was in the works all the way during development, it just wasn't released in 5.0
    And? Just because upgrades were in development doesn't mean they have all the data they have now about how it affected players, how fast players are progressing through content (before upgrades even), how many raid groups are stuck at certain bosses ect... They coded achievements and buffs in advance, so they would be ready if needed. They have since decided they aren't needed.

Just like they have decided since they turned on upgrades they wont be available for 5.2 and may need some changes before they eventually enable upgrades for 5.2 gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    And? Just because upgrades were in development doesn't mean they have all the data they have now about how it affected players, how fast players are progressing through content (before upgrades even), how many raid groups are stuck at certain bosses ect... They coded achievements and buffs in advance, so they would be ready if needed. They have since decided they aren't needed.

Just like they have decided since they turned on upgrades they wont be available for 5.2 and may need some changes before they eventually enable upgrades for 5.2 gear.
    I'm not saying I disagree It's just that I don't see them scrapping the whole system of progressive nerfs completely.
    Especially given the statistics on H Sha kills so far, I don't think a lot of guilds will down it pre-5.2 even with item upgrades.
    MMO player

Deleted
    Not sure if its the nerf, but i killed Will HC last week and you get a FoS saying you killed it with the damping field up or so, I was under the impression that once 5.2 hits, this would be removed and it would be the nerf, not sure what it is though.

It's possible they'll do a minor nerf to the bosses if they find people just don't bother doing the content anymore. Item upgrading does kind of do what a flat-out nerf would have done anyway, though, so it's unlikely.

It's widely accepted, however, that the FoS' associated with killing each of the three raid instance end-bosses will be removed.

There won't be any nerfs unless Blizzard sees guilds hitting walls on progression. They aren't seeing that now at 3 months since MoP released, so it's very unlikely that there will ever be nerfs to Tier 14.