Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Where have you seen mage buffs in patch notes? They are getting nerfed into the ground of unviable if changes go live.
    rofl, i never said they were getting buffed...nice reading, but, where are all the nerfs into the ground??? Oh no i'll have to learn how to faceroll without my deepfreeze ended in a silence? (easily done), 15% health off coldsnap instead of 30% ok not horrible. uh oh the killer...scortch actually costs mana???? oh bloody hell GC is an asshole lol

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    o.O
    There is nothing in the actual notes or on PTR that suggests nerfs of that level. In fact, my Mage feels literally the same in terms of power on PTR, it's just that certain other classes got their fair share of buffs.
    Mages currently revolve completely around deep -> blanket to score kills. If deep breaks on damage and blanket is removed from the game, the only way to score kills will be to drain peoples health, which Frost mages aren't exactly good at. Fire isn't that great either currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertha View Post
    rofl, i never said they were getting buffed...nice reading, but, where are all the nerfs into the ground??? Oh no i'll have to learn how to faceroll without my deepfreeze ended in a silence? (easily done), 15% health off coldsnap instead of 30% ok not horrible. uh oh the killer...scortch actually costs mana???? oh bloody hell GC is an asshole lol
    To be fair your original comment was badly written, I understood it that you were saying both Rogues and Mages were getting buffs.

Jim Cramer on World of WarCraft stocks:

- Buy shares of Monk and Rogue!!
    - Mage shares? SELL! SELL! SELL!

I thought I'd write something about mages, but it's been said already.

Play Frost Mage and be happy that it is FotE in PvP.
    (FotE = Flavour of the Eternity)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadOwnz View Post
    What are you talking about shadow priest are already the best caster right now, And their isn't a single nerf directed towards them in the 5.2 patch notes. I love when people who don't pvp post unknowingly.
    They are limited to their comp, mages to be specific, to be good. They are good overall, but i wouldn't say stronger than mages or anything like OP. Just because they won't get nerfed(again) doesn't mean they will be OP. Maybe, just maybe, they might already be balanced?

Anyway, their offheals and psyfiend are already nerfed and people are starting to use tendrils instead of psyfiend because of how shit it is now. Dies from 1 attack, can be outranged before it gets it's cast off etc. Really they are only strong because of their utility, not dmg or cc.

On topic, i think that the monk and rogue buffs will be interesting to see how they turn out, but i don't think they'll turn OP, they'll just end up being strong specs, but we'll see.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are rogues getting buffs? I remember a blue post saying rogues were where they should be and other classes were too strong.

/endsarcasm
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    rogues, just look at the notes
    LOL!!

Rogues won't even be op..they are getting stuff required to be viable and NO i don't play a rogue!

Windwalker monk will easilly be the FOTM next season!

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    LOL!!

Rogues won't even be op..they are getting stuff required to be viable and NO i don't play a rogue!

Windwalker monk will easilly be the FOTM next season!
    Except that Reckful was playing Rogue on PTR and getting 80k crits with Ambush, which you can apparently spam 6 times back to back. Agree on Monk, though. All that said, it is PTR, and things will change. This first patch is Blizz's typical knee-jerk reaction with way overcompensating one direction or the other. Hopefully they'll balance it out between now and release.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Evi1Toad View Post
    Why are rogues getting buffs? I remember a blue post saying rogues were where they should be and other classes were too strong.

/endsarcasm
    Would you prefer they left Rogues alone? I remember reading that blue post as well, and Blizz will be the first to tell you that they frequently make mistakes and/or change their mind. Yet, people rip on them for sticking to their guns, and then rip on them when they change their mind on the state of balance and give players what they were asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    Except that Reckful was playing Rogue on PTR and getting 80k crits with Ambush, which you can apparently spam 6 times back to back. Agree on Monk, though. All that said, it is PTR, and things will change. This first patch is Blizz's typical knee-jerk reaction with way overcompensating one direction or the other. Hopefully they'll balance it out between now and release.
    Isn't the gear on PTR PvE though?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Isn't the gear on PTR PvE though?

no, you can buy the maleevolent epic pvp gear for free on ptr, its better than the starting pve gear.

though, not everyone knows this on the ptr as it starts you in blue gear, so there are some people running around in blue gear.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2013-01-07 at 12:38 AM.