Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    What I'd like to see are fairly minor quality of life changes.

1. RoP and Evocation timers start on entering combat.
    2. Some glyph for RoP to be cast on self, but with a move to cancel - so you can use them in odd fights like Elagon where RoP doesn't work properly on the floor.
    3. I'd like to see Incanter's Absorbtion last longer than it does for the 'soak' phase, but cost mana to do so.

Apart from a few technical glitches, I don't mind my arcane mage at all.

Deleted
    Pretty much everything Imnick said.
    And yeah, GC is giving us false promises.. and he is way too stubborn to actually come here and read the issues.
    I'm probably jumping ship before xpack 5 if mages remain the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall I am rather content with PvE Fire, and have no intention of jumping ship... Granted I have a lot of crit and pretty decent gear, but I feel very competitive on single target, cleave, and AoE fights. And there is still a lot room to improve this tier through drops, valor upgrades, possible change to blacksmithing, a possible race change to worgen... and there is another ~5% crit. not all that excited about the upcoming invocation change though... to be honest i prefer the longer ~6 second evocation. more often than not i can cast an inferno blast prior to evocation, so that i am heating up while channeling evocation, all while spamming my /cast [nochanneling] Fireball or any other global, and then follow that up with an immediate inferno blast which would just be coming off cooldown to force a Pyroblast! all very fluidly. that will be gone, in addition to losing 8% damage, but will be gaining on average 6 seconds of casting every minute in return if my math is correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    1. RoP and Evocation timers start on entering combat.
    This. I'm really getting sick of 7 second pull timers...

With the halved invocation channel time in 5.2 I sure hope the fights are all going to be heavy movment or blizz is removing one of the only things you have to think about as a mage.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Mages is fine for the most part. We do lack in mobility big time though.
    On Imperial Vizier Zor'lok I feel really punished for being a mage. You almost constantly gotta move somewere in this fight, and I can hardly use the rotation of any of the speccs when I constantly have to move around.
    It is really frustrating.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing wrong with fire right now is that blizzard has a broken calculator

Mages are fine. Damage numbers are not. That needs to be done by a dev actually playing a mage to its full potential, and actually change it. Not just plug random numbers in until they "think" its right... until new gear drops.

How long(and how many times...) until they change Arcane Blast mana in 5.2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most op class in pvp (yet again,amazing huh?) and viable in all 3 specs in pve and it was just a short time ago fire was dominating pve and now arcane is taking that spot just slightly behind where fire was.And you still bitch and moan on the forums? LOL the WoW community never ceases to amaze me.And just a friendly reminder:If you dont like the class then play another one,problem solved for fucks sake.

p.s. we'll all await you next rant and faux intelligent banter on how you are right and the other 9,999,999 people and all the employess at Blizzard are wrong.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2013-01-07 at 05:14 AM.
    Here come the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    Most op class in pvp (yet again,amazing huh?) and viable in all 3 specs in pve and it was just a short time ago fire was dominating pve and now arcane is taking that spot just slightly behind where fire was.And you still bitch and moan on the forums? LOL the WoW community never ceases to amaze me.And just a friendly reminder:If you dont like the class then play another one,problem solved for fucks sake.

p.s. we'll all await you next rant and faux intelligent banter on how you are right and the other 9,999,999 people and all the employess at Blizzard are wrong.
    You are a very angry person. A lot of what is in this thread isn't necessarily about just damage. It is a combination of things, in fact, that drive a lot of the opinions and commentary in this thread. If you actually read what people are putting in their replies, it isn't JUST about damage.

That said, I love my mage. I don't care for having to retool him every patch, but I love what he can do and his skill set. I won't be leaving. Especially with people like Spaace, dreamspyre, and others that inspire me to try new things.

15+ Year Old Account
    I tried leaving this open to have discussion about the OP in a single thread instead of dispersed throughout our sub-forum. However, things couldn't stay on topic and now I'm kind of regretting my original decision. Locking the thread and it will stay locked this time.
    BfA Beta Time