Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can I have some Ahri advice.

Well, against newer players I do well. Against better players, I seem to only do midly ok. I die easily it appears and sometimes I go a whole game with only managing to hold my tower from dieing and killing one. I get the basic boots, then two dorian rings. I basically follow this guide here for gearing.

http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=12667

Id love some help if anyone can. I don't know how to record a game or put it on a website, but if someone wants to give me a link to a program and tell me how to do it I can record a few games and post them here.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    How do I get it to start recording in a match?
    Last edited by Zantos; 2013-01-07 at 08:36 AM. Reason: asked a question i figured out

Deleted
    I don't know exactly sorry but I guess with the FAQS and the user interface should be easy, I still didn't use it myself but people on this forum does.

Usually, you just have to start the program and let it stay in the background, and it'll automatically record replays of your games.

It utilizes the replay system built into LoL so the replays don't take much space.

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2676159/

Heres one. I actually did good in this round.

PS, im Dranku - Ahri
    Last edited by Zantos; 2013-01-07 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Well, against newer players I do well. Against better players, I seem to only do midly ok. I die easily it appears and sometimes I go a whole game with only managing to hold my tower from dieing and killing one. I get the basic boots, then two dorian rings. I basically follow this guide here for gearing.

http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=12667

Id love some help if anyone can. I don't know how to record a game or put it on a website, but if someone wants to give me a link to a program and tell me how to do it I can record a few games and post them here.
    I consider Ahri to be my 'main' character, had almost 50 games played with her S2 (out of 150 or so games) and am 1400-1500 rated at the moment. I don't consider myself to be a particularly good player, but I do have plenty of experience with Ahri, and I'm happy to give you advice wherever I can.

I can't watch your video at the moment (don't have access to LoL for 3-4 more days as I'm currently away relaxing for holidays), but if you're willing to wait I'm happy to give you some tips and give you some replays of some games where I've had success.

Some basics though:

Firstly, Ahri's strength is her roaming power. Winning your lane is important, but you have to realise that the key to actually winning games as Ahri is having an impact on your top, bottom and jungle. Of course, this is a given on just about every mid champ, but her ult makes her ganks incredibly potent as you can unload a heap of damage on someone and, if you land your E, it's a guaranteed kill. She can very easily get double kills ganking bot all day long, giving you and your ADC plenty of farm and advantage, as well as dragon control.

Pre-6 you generally won't get a kill as Ahri against competent opponents. Try to maximise your farm and wait til 6, when you can usually a) get a kill in your lane or b) gank top or bot. She is good at pushing, but is particularly bad at wraith clearing - this puts her at a disadvantage to many other mids in terms of farm, but she makes up for it in her ability to gank. Use this strength to your advantage.

Apart from that, it's just like the guides say. R>Q>W>E. Some people recommend maxing W against certain matchups, but personally I don't as this limits her ability to farm/push her lane out. You will very rarely 100-0 your lane opponent as Ahri, unless you're fed or ahead in levels, and can land ALL of your combo (all 3 R's, E, W, Ignite and Q). Generally you want to poke them down to 60-70% with Q (landing it at max range to get both ticks instantly on them is something you must practice alot), then go for the kill by either:

- R-->E-->W-->Q-->unload remaining R's + Ignite if need be

- R-->W--->Q--->wait for flash / escape --> chase with R ---> E ---> death

It's tricky to explain these 'combo's in text, much simpler to show in game and you'll get a feel for them the more games you play. Generally an R-->E to give you a favorable position will catch most average players out - more competent players will be more difficult.

Item wise, I haven't played her a great deal with the new jungle but my build is still the same from S2. Boots + 3 pots, 2 Doran's first B, building into a Deathcap --> Rylai's in most situations, as her ability to kite is extremely good with Rylai's. You can build Abyssal in lanes where you generally get beaten (Katarina, Gragas are 2 I generally build it in as they have higher burst and are tankier than you). I would NOT advise building WoTA on Ahri - she has plenty of lifesteal from her passive. With blue buff you should be getting plenty of health return in lane, and remember you're primarily trying to roam, not sit in lane.

Just the key thing to remember is that rarely will Ahri be a bully in her lane. She is much more of a roamer who snowballs her team, and provides utility / AoE damage late game. As an assassin she is pretty terrible, as she is squishy / reliant on landing her E and skillshots to drop somebody. This is difficult to do late game when there are people blocking high priority targets / everyone is generally trying to CC you. CC will end Ahri quicker than anything.

Anyway this is all pretty broad stuff, and I'm a bit rusty at the moment having not played in 2 weeks. When I'm back from my holidays I'll give some more detailed advice and some replays (as well as watching yours) that might be a bit more specific.

Best of luck, she is an extremely fun champion - just keep practicing.
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll throw some advice here, then some more on the reply thread once I get a chance to watch your's.

One mistake myself and many other Ahri players make, your Ult does not make you invincible. My most recent game had a super fed Ahri while I was playing Varus (and fairly fed myself). She would try to dive me with her ult, but my team would catch her in the CC and we would burst her down.

The trick is hitting your skill shots. Miss your skill shots and your damage will go down a ton.

Deleted
    Generally AP like that are a bit in unfavored position. The biggest issue with Ahri I think is the fact that missing either skill automatically loses you a duel with AD characters and autoaim APs. You can't reliably hit everything, thus you can't reliably duel and because of that you have pretty hard time finishing the game if somebody else falls behind.

If you care for rating, I wouldn't recommend going Ahri without playing duo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Generally AP like that are a bit in unfavored position. The biggest issue with Ahri I think is the fact that missing either skill automatically loses you a duel with AD characters and autoaim APs. You can't reliably hit everything, thus you can't reliably duel and because of that you have pretty hard time finishing the game if somebody else falls behind.

If you care for rating, I wouldn't recommend going Ahri without playing duo.
    Um, no? Just learn to reliably hit stuff. The bolded phrase can be applied to ANY mid champion with skillshots - in other words a vast majority of them. Unless you feel like playing nothing but Ryze and Annie forever L2Skillshot. :)

The "reliably" hitting things is mostly a skill-based thing, though.

Unless you play Ryze. That bald boobiebooger.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Um, no? Just learn to reliably hit stuff. The bolded phrase can be applied to ANY mid champion with skillshots - in other words a vast majority of them. Unless you feel like playing nothing but Ryze and Annie forever L2Skillshot.
    This is bullshit. Go watch any tournament game and see how often skillshots are still missed. You can get awfully good at them, but in the end, it all depends on your assumptions and expectations, versus your opponents actual movement. Considering equally skilled players, you simply can still miss those skillshots. That's why they are skillshots.

Deleted
    Compared to rightclick or gapcloser+rightclick (fighter/assassin), it's really unreliable. Especially since there is no champion that have unreliable gapcloser. And no, Lee Sin can just ward/minion jump, it's just that retarded.

This is usually why I duo when I want to play mage, I simply need someone that can work with me. If you get any unlucky without some reliably buddy it's automatic shutdown and throw.

One bit about Ahri - don't go chalice-liandry build. Instead get dorans or whatever boost you need, if mana is issue get tear and build archangel later. Depending on your possibilities get DFG early, as it's now more or less only good AP item. Liandry is waste in most cases, HOWEVER guise is excellent item (think S2 brutalizer), I think I can recommend guise for snowballing, as it has quite nice stats for relatively low price.
    Still I've seen many Ahri players doing quite decent and then doing some psycho-stupid stuff like going grail, or rushing Liandry.
    Liandry as item should be bought when you are facing tanky team and need some kiting. Obviously this is also the time when you get Rylais and enjoy great synergy of those items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    This is bullshit. Go watch any tournament game and see how often skillshots are still missed. You can get awfully good at them, but in the end, it all depends on your assumptions and expectations, versus your opponents actual movement. Considering equally skilled players, you simply can still miss those skillshots. That's why they are skillshots.
    Everyone misses skill shots. The difference is how often you miss them. Pro players will rarely miss skill shots in a fight. It's mostly in lane or when poking.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Everyone misses skill shots. The difference is how often you miss them. Pro players will rarely miss skill shots in a fight. It's mostly in lane or when poking.
    Yeah, when I said "tournament games" I meant the pro ones

Deleted
    Of course you will not have 100% hit rate. But saying Ahri is bad because you can't hit skillshots? That's complete bullshit. Watch any of those pro games you mention, are skillshot champions avoided because of "unreliability"? No? Thought so. If anything, Ahri is a great champion for solo queue because of how well she roams and how powerful her ganks are... assuming you are at least a bit competent with your E.

Of course you will not have 100% hit rate. But saying Ahri is bad because you can't hit skillshots? That's complete bullshit. Watch any of those pro games you mention, are skillshot champions avoided because of "unreliability"? No? Thought so. If anything, Ahri is a great champion for solo queue because of how well she roams and how powerful her ganks are... assuming you are at least a bit competent with your E.
    I believe the one you quoted said "You can't reliably hit everything, thus you can't reliably duel". Which means going head to head in a 1v1 as Ahri. Not entirely the same things as you care to explain it. I'm not even sure if this is true, but what you said earlier, is bullshit.

Deleted
    I believe the one you quoted said "You can't reliably hit everything, thus you can't reliably duel". Which means going head to head in a 1v1 as Ahri. Not entirely the same things as you care to explain it. I'm not even sure if this is true, but what you said earlier, is bullshit.
    Read the entire post to which I replied, not only the bolded part. Among other things it states that Ahri is a weak solo queue champion because you can't carry if you can't hit your skillshots. If you do not see how bullshit that is then there's nothing I can do to convince you as I am not good at explaining common sense. As I said earlier, if you can't hit skillshots it's not the champion that's weak, it's the player who needs to improve. No one is expecting 100% hit rate, but if you're so bad you need to avoid skillshot champions because you know you will do bad there's something wrong there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2676159/

Heres one. I actually did good in this round.

PS, im Dranku - Ahri
    I've just watched 10 minutes of the video and I'm just going to tell you what I've noticed you did wrong and could use some fixings. I'm not extremely skilled with the game yet so take my words as you wish.

The first thing I've noticed is that you missed a lot of CS. This is totally fine since you are new (I'm still learning how to cs perfectly as well!) but you are missing a lot of gold by not doing it right so learning how to properly cs is a very important thing. This is less Ahri-related, though, so I'll get to that now.

Second thing is your skill order was a bit random: you should always put at least one point in E at level 2 and learn W usually at level 4. You should never farm creeps with W and at low levels you should also never be close enough to your enemy to make best use of it, so the point isn't THAT important early game, while at least one point in charm gives you 1 seconds of CC which can help you run away if ganked or your lane opponent decides to go all aggressive on you early on. A great example of this was when Ezreal Arcane Shifted totally out of position towards you, a charm + W and Q could've done A LOT of health in damage; probably not killed him, mind you, but still enough to force a potion or to make him play a bit more defensively. My usual skill order on Ahri is q-e-q-w then max r>q>w>e as priorities.

Third, your mana usage was really high. You shouldn't use Q at all early on unless for poking/last hitting when your auto-attack is on recharge as it drains your mana a lot and you shouldn't W in any way whatsoever when farming creeps.

Last thing, I'm not sure why as soon as you learned your R you decided to use it when your enemy was on almost full health. Ahri's R is always better used as an escape tool (it's one of the reasons why Ahri is such a good mid-laner) OR to finish off an enemy on low health, especially when they're trying to run away to their towers as you can easily tower dive with it AS LONG AS YOU HAVE ENOUGH HEALTH!!

I'll continue watching later and I'll tell you if I notice anything else, hope this helps though!!
    Last edited by mmoc9f36a84b59; 2013-01-07 at 05:53 PM.

Read the entire post to which I replied, not only the bolded part. Among other things it states that Ahri is a weak solo queue champion because you can't carry if you can't hit your skillshots. If you do not see how bullshit that is then there's nothing I can do to convince you as I am not good at explaining common sense. As I said earlier, if you can't hit skillshots it's not the champion that's weak, it's the player who needs to improve. No one is expecting 100% hit rate, but if you're so bad you need to avoid skillshot champions because you know you will do bad there's something wrong there.
    If you look at it in that perspective, yes, you have a point. I ignored the sentence completely, even mentally, due to simply being an opinion. Even stated. You are the one that bolded it, so I figured your response was pointed at the bolded part. Makes sense to me.